2025-2026 IllinoisCOM at The Chicago School

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2025-2026 IllinoisCOM at The Chicago School Secondary Essay Prompts:

1. Reflect on an experience from your education or personal background that shaped your understanding of how individual identities, lived experiences, and cultural perspectives influence healthcare. How did this experience shape your perspective, and how might it guide your contributions to IllinoisCOM and the communities you serve and your engagement with the principles and practice of osteopathic medicine?
(500 words)

2. As IllinoisCOM evolves, how do you envision contributing to the college’s developing identity, culture, and long-term impact? What does this opportunity represent to you personally, and how might you help shape the future of the college and its role in the broader healthcare community?
(500 words)


Illinois COM at the Chicago School is now approved to begin accepting applications for the 2025-2026 application year.
Their inaugural class will have 85 students.

YouTube IllinoisCOM at the Chicago School

Learn more about the school at their website here:
The Illinois College of Osteopathic Medicine at The Chicago School

Admissions office email for questions you can't find an answer to on their site is
[email protected]

Good luck to all applying
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received the same two emails. I also cannot log in to either application portals for Kansas or Illinois COM. Anyone else having this issue?
I received the same two emails; however, I am still able to log into the Kansas application portal, but I don't have access to the Illinois COM portal.
 
OOS Secondary Today
Prompts:

500 words each:

*Reflect on an experience from your education or personal background that shaped your understanding of how individual identities, lived experiences, and cultural perspectives influence healthcare. How did this experience shape your perspective, and how might it guide your contributions to IllinoisCOM and the communities you serve and your engagement with the principles and practice of osteopathic medicine?


*As IllinoisCOM evolves, how do you envision contributing to the college’s developing identity, culture, and long-term impact? What does this opportunity represent to you personally, and how might you help shape the future of the college and its role in the broader healthcare community?
 
OOS Secondary Today
Prompts:

500 words each:

*Reflect on an experience from your education or personal background that shaped your understanding of how individual identities, lived experiences, and cultural perspectives influence healthcare. How did this experience shape your perspective, and how might it guide your contributions to IllinoisCOM and the communities you serve and your engagement with the principles and practice of osteopathic medicine?


*As IllinoisCOM evolves, how do you envision contributing to the college’s developing identity, culture, and long-term impact? What does this opportunity represent to you personally, and how might you help shape the future of the college and its role in the broader healthcare community?
Gracias, señor/señora/señorita.
 
To those who received secondaries, when did you submit your primary if you don't mind me asking
 
Last edited:
Was wondering if they pre-screen for secondaries, just wondering if I won't get a secondary for the school since I was really looking at it as a top choice.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To those who received secondaries, when did you submit your primary if you don't mind me asking
+1 OOS secondary invite yesterday. AACOMAS submitted 7/29/25, just had my previous MCAT score received by AACOMAS on 8/3/2025. I am retaking the MCAT August 16th, as well.
 
Weird you guys aren’t getting the secondary. I got the secondary and they called me twice to ask me to fill it out. Not interested, though, based on KansasCOM and the rotation sites being spread across the entire US. If your stats are decent this school should probably be at the bottom of your list, to be honest.
 
Same. I wonder if they screen heavily
I'm guessing yes. Plus, being a new school, I wonder how they anticipate how many applicants they will get vs how many secondaries, and how often, to send them out if they screen first.
 
I'm guessing yes. Plus, being a new school, I wonder how they anticipate how many applicants they will get vs how many secondaries, and how often, to send them out if they screen first.
I would think the opposite because secondaries give them more money, wouldn’t they want every applicant to have to pay another fee to them?
 
I'm guessing yes. Plus, being a new school, I wonder how they anticipate how many applicants they will get vs how many secondaries, and how often, to send them out if they screen first.
Took about a month to get a secondary. Not sure about their process, tho.
 
I would think the opposite because secondaries give them more money, wouldn’t they want every applicant to have to pay another fee to them?
That's a good point. I'm just grasping at straws here to try and make sense of things. 🤔
 
That's a good point. I'm just grasping at straws here to try and make sense of things. 🤔
Ironically I just got my secondary. Not sure if I’ll submit because I also got an acceptance today. Seems like there’s no logic to how they’re sending them out!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Weird you guys aren’t getting the secondary. I got the secondary and they called me twice to ask me to fill it out. Not interested, though, based on KansasCOM and the rotation sites being spread across the entire US. If your stats are decent this school should probably be at the bottom of your list, to be honest.
Just to clarify: our rotation hubs are located in major metro areas, but students will not have to travel between them. If a student is assigned to Los Angeles, for instance, their entire 3/4th year would be based there. Same for the other sites. Chicago will be the largest region. Assignments to a region will be based on preferences and a match system that will take into account relevant needs and interests of the students!

IllinoisCOM is the fourth college of the Chicago School, an independent university with multiple campuses around the US. We do not share faculty, curriculum, resources or leadership with any other COM or university.

Hope you'll join us at the webinar! We are doing amazing things here in the Windy City!!

 
Hi Dr. Lucas, my name is Rameen Taherzadeh, I think its cool you're here speaking with us! I'm a Dallas native, praying I get to interview with you
🙂
 
How did you guys find the info session? I thought it was good! It cleared up a lot of my questions, I’m actually excited, the input from current med students is brilliant
 
How did you guys find the info session? I thought it was good! It cleared up a lot of my questions, I’m actually excited, the input from current med students is brilliant
I thought it was really great, too! It alleviated a lot of concerns about it being a new school. They really seem like they are putting in the effort to make it a success from the start, and I'm really excited to be applying there. For anyone who didn't attend, they did state they were going to start sending out interview invites in the next 2-3 weeks.
 
I thought it was really great, too! It alleviated a lot of concerns about it being a new school. They really seem like they are putting in the effort to make it a success from the start, and I'm really excited to be applying there. For anyone who didn't attend, they did state they were going to start sending out interview invites in the next 2-3 weeks.
Tbh, every new school alleviates fears during info sessions. I'm sure KansasCOM did the same, and now look at them. Be vary of new schools unless you actually hear from current students (on forums, not school led info sessions) that they are happy with their decision.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wonder if anyone who has taken an interview with this school could post their insights into the interview process. Like what specific questions they asked and how it was structured? It would be useful for preparation purposes.