You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 IllinoisCOM at The Chicago School
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hi I have one in 2 days and still havnt received the link either. I just emailed them and they advised they would send it later in the afternoon.I have my interview in 3 days and they still have not sent me the Zoom link, any tips?
ChicagoPreMed.
New Member
Hi! So I also got waitlisted back in November, and have sent them a letter of intent. They added it to my profile, but have not heard anything yet.@DoctorDean it seems like a lot of students are getting waitlisted. Is this because it’s a new school or is it an average amount of waitlisted students? Is there a way to see where students are placed on the waitlist in order to plan? Do you expect that there will be waitlist movement?
There was a person on here a while back that mentioned that they may be doing the same thing OrlandoCOM did when they opened, heavily screened and waitlisted a lot of applicants, realized they didn't have enough people to fill their seats and then just started accepting people at once towards at the end.
I emailed them about the waitlist movement and they just responded with "Regarding the waitlist, it remains active throughout the admissions cycle. Applicants on the waitlist may be contacted via email at any point up until the week prior to matriculation. While we are unable to provide a specific timeline for waitlist movement, offers can occur at various points depending on enrollment decisions, and we encourage you to continue monitoring your email regularly."
I talked to Jenfromtx on this forum, who was given an A off the waitlist, and they mentioned that they got accepted around the same time the first set of deposits were due, so you may want to watch out during those times.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ChicagoPreMed.
New Member
I think most people are getting waitlisted, I haven't seen a lot of acceptances on here besides from waitlist.Did the majority of the applicants get waitlisted? Or rejected
molecules2001!
Full Member
I received the link today(10 mins ago) and my interview is on Wednesday!Hi I have one in 2 days and still havnt received the link either. I just emailed them and they advised they would send it later in the afternoon.
I still haven’t received an II. Ahh man
Omarthefuturedoc123
New Member
Did you try reaching out to them and asking their pretty good about responding it’s getting late in the cycle you should reach out.I still haven’t received an II. Ahh man
soontobedoctor11
Full Member
+ OOS Waitlist, interviewed 2/5
hahhnhk2621
Full Member
any updates? still no interview invite :/ im in state too
How long does it take to hear back from interview?
BananaLeela
Seabiscuit by three! Seabiscuit by three!
During my I was told 2-4 weeks, but I heard back a little over a week later and was waitlisted.How long does it take to hear back from interview?
BananaLeela
Seabiscuit by three! Seabiscuit by three!
Stats?any updates? still no interview invite :/ im in state too
Thank you! Completely forgot to ask during my interview.During my I was told 2-4 weeks, but I heard back a little over a week later and was waitlisted.
Also, was it by email or call?Thank you! Completely forgot to ask during my interview.
soontobedoctor11
Full Member
I heard back in a little over 2 weeks and it was an emailAlso, was it by email or call?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you! I interviewed on 2/24, so hopefully soon.I heard back in a little over 2 weeks and it was an email
anxiouslywaiting19
Full Member
I interviewed on 02/11 and still haven't heard :/
So it might be a while lol thanksI interviewed on 02/11 and still haven't heard :/
anxiouslywaiting19
Full Member
OOS Waitlist just now. Interviewed 2/11
IS waitlist 2/24
futurebrowndoctor
Full Member
+1 OOS WL. Interviewed 2/25
anxiouslywaiting19
Full Member
Has anyone talked to the school and gotten any insight on the waitlist? I’m curious why they are waitlisting so many applicants and how likely it is to get off the waitlist. Maybe since it’s a new school.
leo_thelion
Full Member
IS WL. Interviewed 2/19.
Received an auto generated waitlist email update that they will follow aacomas traffic guidelines as movement starts to occur over the next few months and that offers could go out until up to when classes start. You can send in any major updates and or email if no longer interested in being on the WL. Assuming WL received this. Best of luck everyone!
I got the same email just a few minutes agoReceived an auto generated waitlist email update that they will follow aacomas traffic guidelines as movement starts to occur over the next few months and that offers could go out until up to when classes start. You can send in any major updates and or email if no longer interested in being on the WL. Assuming WL received this. Best of luck everyone!
anxiouslywaiting19
Full Member
Does anyone know if there are any tours or information sessions people on the waitlist can be a part of to learn more about the program? Since its a new school it would be nice to have more information.
molecules2001!
Full Member
OOS A!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
leo_thelion
Full Member
During my interview, they said they only offer in-person tours to students that are accepted. I am assuming the tour is also the info session? Not sure since they don't have any other info on their website or portal :/Does anyone know if there are any tours or information sessions people on the waitlist can be a part of to learn more about the program? Since its a new school it would be nice to have more information.
anonmedapplicant1
New Member
has anyone interviewed in March and heard back? I interviewed on 3/3 and haven't heard anything yet
Haven’t heard anything back! I interviewed 3/4has anyone interviewed in March and heard back? I interviewed on 3/3 and haven't heard anything yet
are they still sending out II?
I believe so. Their deadline to submit the secondary is April 15th.are they still sending out II?
OOS WL
Last edited:
vp303.c.elegans
New Member
OOS WL :/
I’m thinking there will be more movement around April as people start narrowing their decisions. Hopefully we will get off the WL!
Interviewed 3/11 IS A 3/24
Congratulations 🎉Interviewed 3/11 IS A 3/24
I’m hoping so!!I’m thinking there will be more movement around April as people start narrowing their decisions. Hopefully we will get off the WL!
BananaLeela
Seabiscuit by three! Seabiscuit by three!
Interviewed 3/11 IS A 3/24
The chosen one! It seems like it's been just a wave of waitlists lately.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you 😭 Sending good luck to everyone on the WL ☘️Congratulations 🎉
I’m wondering the same.has anyone gotten off the WL recently?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 117
- Views
- 39K
- Replies
- 451
- Views
- 73K
- Replies
- 115
- Views
- 30K