-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 IllinoisCOM at The Chicago School
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1228948
This school screens heavily. I think that they really care about mission fit and because it's the first cohort they're very specific about who they want.
I find that interesting. They may end up like OCOM did in 2023-2024. Being too picky for a new school doesn't bode well when more established options exist
futurebrowndoctor
Full Member
Completed my secondary for this school back in August and no word from the school yet. Starting to lose hope
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Fossilasdf
New Member
What happened with OCOM that year?I find that interesting. They may end up like OCOM did in 2023-2024. Being too picky for a new school doesn't bode well when more established options exist
Do they really screen heavily? I thought they’re have a recommended score.This school screens heavily. I think that they really care about mission fit and because it's the first cohort they're very specific about who they want.
D
deleted1228948
What happened with OCOM that year?
Had to accept students they rejected pre/post-II due to being so picky
While every med school has a mission fit, newer ones shouldn’t be so picky because applicants will generally pick an established option over a new school
Finally got a secondary
Napolitano17
Full Member
Whats ur stats???
Finally got a secondary
opaqueglass
Full Member
Oos, Secondary submitted 10/13, II 12/1
coarsedeadbolt
New Member
OOS, secondary submitted 9/2, II 12/1
toomanyproblems
Full Member
+1 OOS II on 12/1, secondary submitted on 9/29
BananaLeela
Seabiscuit by three! Seabiscuit by three!
+1 OOS II today! I submitted sometime early August.
+1 OOS II (received 12/11/25) complete 10/15
+OOS II today, Secondary Submitted 9/9
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yes - and read the page before this to see answers to both your questionshas anyone gotten offers yet? Also if anyone has interviewed yet, is it more MMI style or general questions?
DoneWithDolls
Full Member
General questions. They do read your applications and secondaries prior, so be prepared to answer any questions pertaining to themhas anyone gotten offers yet? Also if anyone has interviewed yet, is it more MMI style or general questions?
ChicagoPreMed.
New Member
So there are people that got offers, and someone mentioned that the waitlist is moving.has anyone gotten offers yet? Also if anyone has interviewed yet, is it more MMI style or general questions?
The interview is ~6-8 questions depending on the time that you have for the interview, general questions.
ChicagoPreMed.
New Member
I know Jen mentioned that the waitlist is moving, but is it moving for anyone else?
Would love to know, I got waitlisted ~ late November and hoping for an A!
Would love to know, I got waitlisted ~ late November and hoping for an A!
Anyone not get a secondary? Unsure if it’s worth it to email and ask lol
No, be patientAnyone not get a secondary? Unsure if it’s worth it to email and ask lol
Giving up my interview spot. Good luck
kyokushinking117
Full Member
Haven't gotten one yet, but hopefully soon.Anyone not get a secondary? Unsure if it’s worth it to email and ask lol
buickdemolisher
New Member
OOS II!
hahhnhk2621
Full Member
Nope not yet, I feel so hopless but I rly want to attend this school and be a part of the inaugural class :/Anyone not get a secondary? Unsure if it’s worth it to email and ask lol
quietprophet
Full Member
Any Dec interviewees hear back yet?
BananaLeela
Seabiscuit by three! Seabiscuit by three!
I can't see a specific date, but in the online brochure they sent me when I received my Interview Invite, it looks like from the curriculum chart sometime mid-July.Does anyone know when the start date for IllinoisCOM will be?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cheesegirl02
New Member
i am interviewing tmrw afternoon, any advice/tips would be appreciated, thanks!!
+1 OOS II but I withdrew from consideration
BananaLeela
Seabiscuit by three! Seabiscuit by three!
OOS waitlist just now.
BananaLeela
Seabiscuit by three! Seabiscuit by three!
I hear ya. I really want to stay in the Midwest.same^ i thought i did real well
futuredoc(hopefully)
Full Member
when was your interview?OOS waitlist just now.
BananaLeela
Seabiscuit by three! Seabiscuit by three!
January 14th.when was your interview?
soontobedoctor11
Full Member
+1 OOS II- got the notification 1/13/26
leo_thelion
Full Member
+ IS II! Secondary submitted on 10/25
+OOS II
futurebrowndoctor
Full Member
Also +OOS II. Secondary submitted 8/21
The interview here is very conversational but they do ask about ethical scenarios. Very standard stuff that you should be able to answer easily and just talk about your experience and relax. In the end I am attending a different school but the interview here was one of the more relaxed.What was the interview like?
futuredoc(hopefully)
Full Member
has anyone from 1/20 heard back? or know when we will?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futuredoc(hopefully)
Full Member
i submitted secondary 11/8 and received ii 12/23Has anyone here applied in October (or later) and received an interview invite? Illinois COM is one of my top choices, and I'm feeling hopeless day by day.
abcdog.lover!
New Member
Did the majority of the applicants get waitlisted? Or rejected
@DoctorDean it seems like a lot of students are getting waitlisted. Is this because it’s a new school or is it an average amount of waitlisted students? Is there a way to see where students are placed on the waitlist in order to plan? Do you expect that there will be waitlist movement?Did the majority of the applicants get waitlisted? Or rejected
are they still sending out II?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 117
- Views
- 39K
- Replies
- 451
- Views
- 73K
- Replies
- 115
- Views
- 30K