This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

WantToBeAnOT23

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone. I am wondering if any of you went to/are attending UIC or Rush for OT and could tell me about your experience. I got into both programs and have been debating between the two for nearly a month, and it is getting very hard to choose!!! I liked Rush because it has a smaller cohort and you get experience in the hospital right away. I also would like to get my OTD, and at Rush I was admitted to the OTD program. At UIC, you get your master's but can be co-enrolled in the OTD program. The program seemed awesome because it really looked at Social Justice issues, but I worry about the MS to OTD program making it harder for me to get my OTD. Also, UIC has a higher ranking than Rush on US News and World Report, but I dont know if I should take that into consideration. Both have good NBCOT exam pass rates and are similar prices since I have to pay out of state tuition at UIC and private tuition at Rush. Any advice?
 
Hi!

I know this is a long shot by hoping for a reply, but I'm wondering which school you ended up choosing and how you are liking it. I am also looking into both schools and would love to hear how they differ!