Child Neurology research for Neurology match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted915325

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey ya'll,
I am currently an M1 at a lower tier MD school with aspirations of matching at a top 10 (or similar quality) neurology residency. I have been consistently scoring in the top ~10% of the class on my exams thus far. Getting to the gist of it, I have been doing research with a prominent neurodevelopmental pediatrician for the past ~3 years who publishes a lot. So far I have a couple of first authors and a second author on solid pubs, with others in the works. I have been accepted to a summer research program at the children's hospital, where I will be able to continue working with the group.

Given my time is limited now, I was wondering if I should continue with this research or look for a project that is in adult neurology. Specifically, how will PD's at top programs view my research in child neurology? I have also developed a close relationship with the neurodevelopmental pediatrician over the past few years (will definitely get a solid letter of rec) and really like the research group. I also have a lot of respect and autonomy with my research there.