Child Neurology research for Neurology match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted915325

Hey ya'll,
I am currently an M1 at a lower tier MD school with aspirations of matching at a top 10 (or similar quality) neurology residency. I have been consistently scoring in the top ~10% of the class on my exams thus far. Getting to the gist of it, I have been doing research with a prominent neurodevelopmental pediatrician for the past ~3 years who publishes a lot. So far I have a couple of first authors and a second author on solid pubs, with others in the works. I have been accepted to a summer research program at the children's hospital, where I will be able to continue working with the group.

Given my time is limited now, I was wondering if I should continue with this research or look for a project that is in adult neurology. Specifically, how will PD's at top programs view my research in child neurology? I have also developed a close relationship with the neurodevelopmental pediatrician over the past few years (will definitely get a solid letter of rec) and really like the research group. I also have a lot of respect and autonomy with my research there.

Members don't see this ad.