Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok I know this topic has been beaten to DEATH! But I have a unique situation. So far, I'm accepted to an MD school on the east coast and a DO here on the west coast. My boyfriend of 2 years (we WILL get married but not sure when) has to stay here in Cali b/c of his career in the film industry. I know deep down that I've always wanted my MD and that there is more opportunity with the degree in terms of residency. I also want to conduct clinical trials once I am a physician so an MD would be more beneficial for me. But I'm torn too b/c I want to stay here and be near everyone I care about. I also can move in with my boyfriend if I stay here and get my DO. Has anyone gone through such a decision? If it came down to these two schools, I'm just still not sure what I would do...and decision making time is about 3 months away.....One of my friends who is an orthopedic surgeon tells me that I should absolutely get my MD degree because MD's are more respected (he flat out told me that) which I guess may be true in surgery. But another friend of mine who is a surgery resident told me that she met a DO pulmonologist and he was even more intelligent and articulate than many MD's she's met....anyways just trying to see if anyone had to make this choice...??
he actually went to USC film school and studied animation. he's hoping to be a Director