You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
CLASS OF 2014...how ya doing?
Started by luplodw
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I had all of October off and I definitely recommend that time.
The only way that I can get a good majority of October off is if I do the free time falling between September 28th and October 19th, but that would mean I am in the middle of small animal surgery when the NAVLE dates come around...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do the earlier of your two options
Thanks, everyone...
I will make October 26th to November 16th my first choice,
which would be better for second choice...
Sept 28th to October 19th or November 23rd to December 14th...
We get to mark our top choice, no guarantee that we actually get the first choice.
I will make October 26th to November 16th my first choice,
which would be better for second choice...
Sept 28th to October 19th or November 23rd to December 14th...
We get to mark our top choice, no guarantee that we actually get the first choice.
Sept
Agreed. September.
Thanks! 🙂
I would ask which times are best for spring semester too, but I have pretty much decided that I like the idea of taking my two free blocks both in a row starting on April 25th and only having to return for graduation in June.
I would ask which times are best for spring semester too, but I have pretty much decided that I like the idea of taking my two free blocks both in a row starting on April 25th and only having to return for graduation in June.
Great, my vacation is in November. Boo.
Graduation is tomorrow. It feels like Christmas Eve! I'm too excited to sleep.
Strange request...if anyone would be willing to send me a picture of their diploma it would be appreciated. One of our classmates is on a mission to get ours to look more professional/nicer/more like other schools' diplomas and wanted to have some more examples to share with our registrar's office. You can blur out any information you'd like, but it will only be shown to the administration in charge of our diplomas and the one girl passing the pictures along, not posted on Facebook or anything.
Thanks in advance and congrats again guys! 🙂
Thanks in advance and congrats again guys! 🙂
Can you write me a few prescriptions for my dog now?Graduation is tomorrow. It feels like Christmas Eve! I'm too excited to sleep.
Bring it to Oklahoma or Kansas and I will look at it 😉Can you write me a few prescriptions for my dog now?
Eh, you ethical vets.... I am looking for a prescription factory doctor. (jk)Bring it to Oklahoma or Kansas and I will look at it 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to all the new doctors!
Shout out to the SDN Penn-WEs (i.e. former classmates) who graduated today...
@GellaBella
@bunnity
@BlacKAT33
@Fookie Kat
(sorry if I missed any others).
Woo Hoo! VMDs rule!




@GellaBella
@bunnity
@BlacKAT33
@Fookie Kat
(sorry if I missed any others).
Woo Hoo! VMDs rule!




Last edited:
Sure, I shall prescribe some sildenafil for your 160 lb middle aged intact male Italian greyhound for his presumed pulmonary hypertension. Anytime, just gimme a call 😉Eh, you ethical vets.... I am looking for a prescription factory doctor. (jk)
Shout out to the SDN Penn-WEs (i.e. former classmates) who graduated today...
@GellaBella
@BlacKAT33
@Fookie Kat
(sorry if I missed any others).
Woo Hoo! VMDs rule!
![]()
um, hello 😛
OMG.. so sorry (i edited you back in, cause there is no way I should have left you out)um, hello 😛
Congrats to @bunnity !
And I looked all over to see you after graduation and couldn't find you (or your friend with a dog named Finn)… I must have seen just about everyone else. 🙁
Last edited:
Our graduation isn't until June 13 lmao (by lmao I mean f u alllll)
Where r u heading nyan?Our graduation isn't until June 13 lmao (by lmao I mean f u alllll)
Shout out to the SDN Penn-WEs (i.e. former classmates) who graduated today...
@GellaBella
@bunnity
@BlacKAT33
@Fookie Kat
(sorry if I missed any others).
Woo Hoo! VMDs rule!
![]()
Woot woot! I've been working as a full time vet for a full 2 weeks now! It's exhausting and scary sometimes but I'm learning a ton and enjoying myself!!
Thanks for the shout out @StartingoverVet ! I'm so glad I got to see you at graduation!!
2 days of finals start tomorrow.....

You got this!!!!2 days of finals start tomorrow.....![]()
Today, I was like, 'man, it's fun playing doctor.' Then I came to the shocking realization that I AM a doctor, and this is all real and not make pretend anymore! 😵
My boss is an awesome amazing mentor, and is really good about setting me up for success. And the other doctors and staff have all been super helpful too. Loving my job 🙂
My boss is an awesome amazing mentor, and is really good about setting me up for success. And the other doctors and staff have all been super helpful too. Loving my job 🙂
that doesn't really go away 😉Today, I was like, 'man, it's fun playing doctor.' Then I came to the shocking realization that I AM a doctor, and this is all real and not make pretend anymore! 😵
My boss is an awesome amazing mentor, and is really good about setting me up for success. And the other doctors and staff have all been super helpful too. Loving my job 🙂
I guess they let me graduate today.
suckers
suckers
The students....and the clients...they all keep calling me Dr. SnS, and I have no idea who they are talking about.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The students....and the clients...they all keep calling me Dr. SnS, and I have no idea who they are talking about.
This is awesome! Super excited for you! I hope Mizzou is being good to you so far!!
Today, I was like, 'man, it's fun playing doctor.' Then I came to the shocking realization that I AM a doctor, and this is all real and not make pretend anymore! 😵
My boss is an awesome amazing mentor, and is really good about setting me up for success. And the other doctors and staff have all been super helpful too. Loving my job 🙂
I feel the same way. I keep getting the giggles every time I sign rabies certs with Katryn, DVM.
Yay, finally!!!I guess they let me graduate today.
suckers
Alright class of 2014ers, what's the coolest thing you have done as a doctor so far? I did a gastrotomy this morning on a pug that got into the bathroom trash. I removed a tampon from her stomach. Yep. Highlight of my week.
Ah. I removed a tampon from her stomach. Y.
Alright class of 2014ers, what's the coolest thing you have done as a doctor so far? I did a gastrotomy this morning on a pug that got into the bathroom trash. I removed a tampon from her stomach. Yep. Highlight of my week.
I don't even remember. So tired.
#willieverseemybedagain?
Ditto that.I don't even remember. So tired.
#willieverseemybedagain?
I've been euthanizing so many patients I've lost count... At some point in the past week I had 3 rooms loaded at the same time for euthanasia. There are clay paws like everywhere. The ER euths are a little weird because it's the first time I meet a lot of the patients/clients. I euthanized a patient for the first time this week that I had worked fairly extensively with. First time I cried with the owner during a euth. I have at least 2 pets right now who came to me for euth consults on ER, for whom I am managing hospice care for. These cases are emotionally taxing.
Minner- are you working in a ER/ referral hospital? Or just a busy GP?Ditto that.
I've been euthanizing so many patients I've lost count... At some point in the past week I had 3 rooms loaded at the same time for euthanasia. There are clay paws like everywhere. The ER euths are a little weird because it's the first time I meet a lot of the patients/clients. I euthanized a patient for the first time this week that I had worked fairly extensively with. First time I cried with the owner during a euth. I have at least 2 pets right now who came to me for euth consults on ER, for whom I am managing hospice care for. These cases are emotionally taxing.
24 hr GP and ER hospital
I'm at that twitchy phase where anytime I overhear that a client is unhappy with something, or a patient that was seen recently is having issues, I think "oh dear god, was it me? Was it meeee???? The ax is finally falling ahhhh!" And then get super relieved when it's not my case, or if it was but turns out to be nothing.
Learned how to do a linear fb and did bladder stone removal in one day of ER!
Learned how to do a linear fb and did bladder stone removal in one day of ER!
Why am I a DKA magnet? WHYYY
on the plus side, I handled an eclampsia last night with gusto.
on the plus side, I handled an eclampsia last night with gusto.
I read this as "with gumbo" at first. I wondered how that might work...
well if you grind up some bone in it?
My boss nicknamed me Dr. Parvo.Why am I a DKA magnet? WHYYY
I had a weird case yesterday. Cat was scheduled for a neuter. I went to check his testicles and he didn't have a scrotum. Hmmm thats weird. Double checked that he had a penis. Yep, it's there. Double checked with the owners that he hadn't been previously neutered. Nope. Ok so looking like a bilateral cryptorchid. So we went fishing but neither me nor my boss could find testicles. We looked really hard, too. We did find what looked like a rudimentary uterus though so we think he is a pseudohermaphrodite. Owner doesn't want to do any chromosomal, etc testing though.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My boss nicknamed me Dr. Parvo.
I had a weird case yesterday. Cat was scheduled for a neuter. I went to check his testicles and he didn't have a scrotum. Hmmm thats weird. Double checked that he had a penis. Yep, it's there. Double checked with the owners that he hadn't been previously neutered. Nope. Ok so looking like a bilateral cryptorchid. So we went fishing but neither me nor my boss could find testicles. We looked really hard, too. We did find what looked like a rudimentary uterus though so we think he is a pseudohermaphrodite. Owner doesn't want to do any chromosomal, etc testing though.
Had that once, too. Black Persian. It was weird. We were like... Well, he can't reproduce... So...
My boss nicknamed me Dr. Parvo.
I had a weird case yesterday. Cat was scheduled for a neuter. I went to check his testicles and he didn't have a scrotum. Hmmm thats weird. Double checked that he had a penis. Yep, it's there. Double checked with the owners that he hadn't been previously neutered. Nope. Ok so looking like a bilateral cryptorchid. So we went fishing but neither me nor my boss could find testicles. We looked really hard, too. We did find what looked like a rudimentary uterus though so we think he is a pseudohermaphrodite. Owner doesn't want to do any chromosomal, etc testing though.
Spines on penis?
No but he was still on the younger side. I read that it can take 10-12 months for spines to develop and he was 6 months.Spines on penis?
did anyone do the VIN NAVLE prep course? i already have a vet prep premium subscription and am just wondering if its worth using another "commercial" source to study
Nope. Aside from the full length tests you can purchase hat I highly recommend, I feel like you're more likely to cover all of your bases if you just stick with one comprehensive study program and do all of it, rather than dabble at multiple