Class of 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Going through Blood Sugar Sex Magik again (for the bazillionth time). This album has pretty much been a constant in my life for the last 11 years. The band won't be the same without Frusciante (like the Dave Navarro era). Looking forward to their new CD coming out (supposedly) this June though...Klinghoffer has been in a bunch of Frusciante's solo work, so I'm expecting a lot of good stuff from him!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all! How's everyone doing? Just got an iPad. It's just like an oversized toy lol. Totally awesome for studying though. :thumbup:

I'm a til bit tipsy. and possibly being inappropriate on facebook. :laugh:

If I don't eat in the next ten minutes, I feel like I might die.

Members don't see this ad :)
squeeze pop's are a sticky mess.

and facespace flirting fail. I think I better get a movie and go to bed. :(

okay, so, I was looking at housing in Hotlanta and its surprisingly cheap. $800 for a 3 bdr? can this be real? :eek:

Ha! I spent about 2 months in Atlanta around the '96 Olympics, and I can tell you there's a lot o' hood to be had! Be careful so you don't have to getcher Glock! ;)
Nice. :)

Philly has lots o' hood too, so I have no place to talk. Though I moved out of Will Smith-territory this past year...

Nice. :)

Philly has lots o' hood too, so I have no place to talk. Though I moved out of Will Smith-territory this past year...
It's weird. In general, I think it's like three cocentric circles/semicircles. Center City, as well as areas to the south like Bella Vista and north like the better areas of Northern Liberties and Fishtown, are pretty nice. Then you go out a bit, to North Philly, West Philly, parts of South Philly like Point Breeze, and if you want to count east of Philly in New Jersey, we have Camden. All of those areas are pretty bad. Then you get farther out and you get to Northeast Philly, and Northwest Philly like Roxborough/Manayunk, as well as Mt. Airy (especially West Mt. Airy) and Chestnut Hill, and the surbuban counties as well as farther out in South Jersey, and it's nice again.

in my mind, the geography of philly is:
the rocky balboa museum in the center, surrounded by a concentric ring of cheesesteak joints, which is in turn encircled by the sixers, iggles, phils, encapsulated by jersey-ers.

how close am i

in my mind, the geography of philly is:
the rocky balboa museum in the center, surrounded by a concentric ring of cheesesteak joints, which is in turn encircled by the sixers, iggles, phils, encapsulated by jersey-ers.

how close am i
There is some cream cheese in there somewhere. Otherwise that is how I think of it too:D

You guys are forgetting Tastykakes. Definitely a big part of the Philly landscape.

Geeks, I agree with you. Some of the euphemistically dubbed "University City" is also fairly nice. My only doubt on what you said is Mt. Airy. A LOT of that is hood, especially close to Germantown.

You guys are forgetting Tastykakes. Definitely a big part of the Philly landscape.

Geeks, I agree with you. Some of the euphemistically dubbed "University City" is also fairly nice. My only doubt on what you said is Mt. Airy. A LOT of that is hood, especially close to Germantown.
Oh no....do I even WANT to know what a Tastykake is?

It's the next freshman 15 for someone moving to Philly for med school.

They're basically like Little Debbie snacks but way better.
41Gqou66NgL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

My neighbor from philly brings these home by the case and keeps them in his freezer. Ohhhh man... so good.

Like still frozen? Dude, somebody's in your ho--- LOOK OUT!

squeeze pop's are a sticky mess.

and facespace flirting fail. I think I better get a movie and go to bed. :(

I'll preface this post by saying I don't know what facespace is...BUT, with dbeast's post plus yours, it sounds like you "face flirted" with your intruder. Simply put, it sounds like you made out with your intruder.

There's also the alternate interpretation of you messing with someone's squeeze pop and a sticky mess ..well, you get the picture.. Call me crazy, I don't know. :laugh:

Oh gosh, I'm glad I won't be moving to PH..or I'd have trouble NOT eating these things.

It really depends on the part of Mt. Airy. West Mt. Airy is generally nice, and the closer you get to Lincoln Drive and the park, the nicer it is. Some areas are also pretty affluent (like where you'd find this house... damn). East Mt. Airy is not as well-off, and there are some shady areas there, especially as you get closer to Germantown and Oak Lane, but apparently they are working on improving East Mt. Airy.

Yes... yes you do.

LMAO, Court! And man, I had some Butterscotch Krimpets for the first time in FOREVER this week. They were sooooooo good.

Hey Geeks....I know this will sound strange, but I also think somehow you will understand.

I think lovely thoughts about your belly every day:)

Omnomnom! This just went into my mental list of reasons to choose Temple for med school.

Omnomnom! This just went into my mental list of reasons to choose Temple for med school.
Do it! It's looking more and more like I'll be staying in Philly to go to Drexel. Though I'm still waiting to hear from two schools in the middle of nowhere. Speaking of being in Philly, Geeks, are we ever going to meet up? :D

Is it in the 'hood? :laugh:
I don't know...but for that price, I'd have to image it is. :(

I was looking in the Decatur area. and lofts are way cool. Wyo doesn't have those.

one of my friends lives in decatur (where it's greater), he describes the area as spotty.

virginia hills is a pretty young, nice, area in atlanta. another one of my friends lives there. i loved his place and the neighborhood.

Do it! It's looking more and more like I'll be staying in Philly to go to Drexel. Though I'm still waiting to hear from two schools in the middle of nowhere. Speaking of being in Philly, Geeks, are we ever going to meet up? :D

Whenever, chickie! Just you and me? We can meet for food pretty easily enough. You live near Drexel med now, don't you? It's less than 20 minutes from our apartment.

PM me.

slipped and tumbled on the stairs at 4am in my tired stupor after finishing up my work... ow...

speaking of which, was one of the first people to come upon a bloody scene of an accident on the drive home. 14 y/o girl. talk about struggles. she should be fine though

Doesn't sound fun.

speaking of which, was one of the first people to come upon a bloody scene of an accident on the drive home. 14 y/o girl. talk about struggles. she should be fine though

bleargh's got some bad mojo about him presently

seriously. the week when decisions come out is NOT the time for such mojo