Class of 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh Hoody! I forgot to respond to you about the house thing. We are still looking, but I think we may be putting an offer in this weekend on a house in the 'burbs we saw on Saturday. Yay!

Members don't see this ad :)
high school debate was hilarious for me. many bills that would have been nightmarishly complicated to implement could have all of their problems solved by the magical power of government fiat. It was actually considered an acceptable 3-word answer when you were attacked about how your plan would be implemented

Ruling by fiat may not be far from the truth in my neck of the woods.

professor's can hate me if they want to, but i'm definitely eating pizza and getting laid when possible. boo yah.

sex and pizza are the anchor for a successful medical education though...

captain-picard-full-of-win-500x381.jpg

GC, I see MedProdigy's ban is complete. Did you get any XP or was he too low-level?

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought a fiat was a car.

it means so be it or let it be done in Latin and it's sort of like...well, the government is in charge, so if they mandate something then everyone has to figure out a way to make it work and it isn't the senators' problem anymore

SORRY FOR IGNORING YOUR JOKE :laugh:

it means so be it or let it be done in Latin and it's sort of like...well, the government is in charge, so if they mandate something then everyone has to figure out a way to make it work and it isn't the senators' problem anymore

It's ok...it wasn't funny anyway:)

Also....mornin':hello:

Also.....by request for Trio, since he missed it the first time around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_15G4Y11dY

you know in vietnam or somewhere the guerillas would string like piano wire across the roads and it was so hard to see that it would decapitate infantrymen riding around in jeeps, so they put these tall pieces of wood on the hoods of their cars to avoid that fate. I feel awesome like ducky from NCIS for telling that story ahaha

Also this guy is :sleep: http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/man-tattoos-leviticus-1822-that-forbids-homosexua

hence, fiat currency; "This paper is money and has value. (regardless of no actual capital backing) So shall it be written, so shall it be done."

hence, fiat currency; "This paper is money and has value. (regardless of no actual capital backing) So shall it be written, so shall it be done."

At some level, the value of all currency is pretty much imagined. /thisiswhyimnotaneconomist

At some level, the value of all currency is pretty much imagined. /thisiswhyimnotaneconomist

It's true. Currency is a mutually agreed product that's commonly traded in a society--it can be anything. Bartering of services and goods is a little less convenient, which is why we have currencies. Some currency is more imaginary than others i.e. gold is an imagined currency but represents a physical and (somewhat) scarce product, whereas dollars are essentially infinitely reproducible.

I just set up a day to shadow a dermatologist this month. I don't think I'll be terribly interested in it, but I'm curious with all the ROAD hubbub and figured why not check it out now when I have the time?

Feels kind of silly to be shadowing at this stage of the game.

I just heard the term 'procrasturbating' for the first time :rofl:

omg during college every time I tried to pull an all-nighter to study it would turn into procrasturbating around 2am ahaha

Last edited:
mah bad. well, now that youve quoted it I cant delete it :cool:

Hahaha...Leunit is right..embrace who you are. I mean, I am pretty sure dbeast and Daisy (amongst others) will both attest how much MORE "TMI-esque" (graphic) info I've shared...disturbing on infinitely more levels.
:oops:

I don't know if yall remember, but my work put an internet ban on our computers. They said they were cracking down and whatnot. That's why I haven't been on in a while. But hey, here I am still.
I forgot. WB, man!

nonsense. i plan on hardcore shadowing during ms1

:shrug: I'll shadow as time allows, I suppose. I would LOVE to shadow an REI doctor but I certainly don't want to be in that office massively pregnant.

I'd like to whine for a minute. I am so sick today. I slept most of the afternoon. My morning sickness has hit me this past week, and it hasn't been THAT bad (not as bad as it was with Chicklet, I don't think) but then I got this terrible headache for a day and change that made me feel absolutely awful and ramped my nausea up to 11. Thankfully I only hurled once, then I took a loooong nap and my headache feels mostly gone. Nausea's better to, but not by a whole lot. Please let this be subsiding a little. :xf:

I'd like to whine for a minute. I am so sick today. I slept most of the afternoon. My morning sickness has hit me this past week, and it hasn't been THAT bad (not as bad as it was with Chicklet, I don't think) but then I got this terrible headache for a day and change that made me feel absolutely awful and ramped my nausea up to 11. Thankfully I only hurled once, then I took a loooong nap and my headache feels mostly gone. Nausea's better to, but not by a whole lot. Please let this be subsiding a little. :xf:
drink some agua, por favor.

and maybe try to eat a lil' if you think you stomach anything.

I had a pudding. I also finished off the last of the Coke (only about 1 cup, and it was flat) in the fridge. I figured that might actually help the headache and the nausea. I will definitely have some water soon but I really wanted something with some sugar since I've barely eaten today.

Hahaha...Leunit is right..embrace who you are. I mean, I am pretty sure dbeast and Daisy (amongst others) will both attest how much MORE "TMI-esque" (graphic) info I've shared...disturbing on infinitely more levels.
:oops:
It's the most disturbing when you divulge intimate details in metric units. But I'm generally a fan of all the oversharing this group does.

I forgot. WB, man!

:shrug: I'll shadow as time allows, I suppose. I would LOVE to shadow an REI doctor but I certainly don't want to be in that office massively pregnant.
i think it's more of an issue for me because i have no clue what i want to do

I had a pudding. I also finished off the last of the Coke (only about 1 cup, and it was flat) in the fridge. I figured that might actually help the headache and the nausea. I will definitely have some water soon but I really wanted something with some sugar since I've barely eaten today.

noooooo coke is both acid AND dhmo. and i heard caffeine can make a baby have two heads in the first trimester, is this true?

It's the most disturbing when you divulge intimate details in metric units. But I'm generally a fan of all the oversharing this group does.
now i'm curious what stories need to involve units

i think it's more of an issue for me because i have no clue what i want to do
I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Even most people that have an idea will change their minds in third year.

noooooo coke is both acid AND dhmo. and i heard caffeine can make a baby have two heads in the first trimester, is this true?
Been reading that forum, huh? ;)

One of my friends actually responded to someone asking about root beer with something similar. It was like, "Don't do it, OP! I drank root beer all the time during my first pregnancy and my daughter has an awful scar on her neck from where they had to remove her second head. It's terrible." A+.

Actually, too much caffeine in linked to miscarriage and they do recommend you consume less than 200 or 300mg of it daily. Thankfully, that's still about a 16oz. cup of coffee.

:laugh: I'm clearing out my old PMs. I'm pretty sure one of the first ones I got was some guy trying to hit me up online.

:laugh: I'm clearing out my old PMs. I'm pretty sure one of the first ones I got was some guy trying to hit me up online.

hey, I thought you weren't going to tell anyone I did that :laugh:

thats exactly how i was feeling this morning and im not even preggo