-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Class of 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Started by IndianVercetti
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Baller, I was about to post this, and then I saw your post, so it's even more applicable:
Just drank some Drifter IPA... red IPA, classic aromatic hop aroma/flavor with some fruity notes, crisp body, balanced sweet and bitter--not super bitter i.e. SNB Torpedo/IPA, no pronounced high ABV intrusion that is found in some cheaper IPA's. Highly recommended.
Also... a lot of those beer things also hold true for women.
Just drank some Drifter IPA... red IPA, classic aromatic hop aroma/flavor with some fruity notes, crisp body, balanced sweet and bitter--not super bitter i.e. SNB Torpedo/IPA, no pronounced high ABV intrusion that is found in some cheaper IPA's. Highly recommended.
Also... a lot of those beer things also hold true for women.
LOL! It was like, "Hey, so what are you doing online on a Saturday night?whats up baby 😉
I responded with something about how my fiance and I just got back from dinner and that we were going to put our Christmas tree up.
No response after that. Surpriiiiiised?
did his name eventually become "hubby?" 🙄
Nah, I've been with the hubster for 10 years. 😛
hey, I thought you weren't going to tell anyone I did that![]()
LAWL!
thats exactly how i was feeling this morning and im not even preggo
My condolences, man. It sucks a fat one.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
good find baller
Sorry baller, but women are better than beer... by alot.
I only have one reason (at least that matters), but it isn't appropriate to mention here.
stop drinking bud light then
share the inappropriate reason! you know we love that kinda thing in here.stop drinking bud light then
Baller, I was about to post this, and then I saw your post, so it's even more applicable:
Just drank some Drifter IPA... red IPA, classic aromatic hop aroma/flavor with some fruity notes, crisp body, balanced sweet and bitter--not super bitter i.e. SNB Torpedo/IPA, no pronounced high ABV intrusion that is found in some cheaper IPA's. Highly recommended.
Also... a lot of those beer things also hold true for women.
i'm not THAT into beer (still more into women than beer) to know all the details, but definitely sounds tasty
Baller, I was about to post this, and then I saw your post, so it's even more applicable:
Just drank some Drifter IPA... red IPA, classic aromatic hop aroma/flavor with some fruity notes, crisp body, balanced sweet and bitter--not super bitter i.e. SNB Torpedo/IPA, no pronounced high ABV intrusion that is found in some cheaper IPA's. Highly recommended.
Also... a lot of those beer things also hold true for women.
Ya, that sounds AMAZING..I love hoppy bears!..fruity yet balance of sweetness/bitterness is what I look for! *sigh*..I kinda want to go get a beer now, but I'm on an empty stomach... 🙂
i'm not THAT into beer (still more into women than beer) to know all the details, but definitely sounds tasty
Oh good, I was getting a little worried about you.
GeekMama, hope the house offer goes well! 🙂 Slash boooo being sick.
why am I not asleep yet?
Oh ya, does anyone have suggestions for what a dork like me should start watching/queuing on Netflix?
So far I have NCIS, Criminal Minds, and 24 in queue for DVDs....so obviously, I'm kinda one of those "government agency" crime show type boys.
So far I have NCIS, Criminal Minds, and 24 in queue for DVDs....so obviously, I'm kinda one of those "government agency" crime show type boys.
if you're doing my reason with your beer then you're not drinking beer right 😀share the inappropriate reason! you know we love that kinda thing in here.
my dvr is set to record:Oh ya, does anyone have suggestions for what a dork like me should start watching/queuing on Netflix?
So far I have NCIS, Criminal Minds, and 24 in queue for DVDs....so obviously, I'm kinda one of those "government agency" crime show type boys.
NCIS
the big bang theory
how I met your mother
blue bloods
hawaii 5-O
modern family
dog the bounty hunter
i'm not sure how i'm supposed to digest this. the ways i came up with were pretty appealing though.if you're doing my reason with your beer then you're not drinking beer right 😀
my dvr is set to record:
NCIS
the big bang theory
how I met your mother
blue bloods
hawaii 5-O
modern family
dog the bounty hunter
How is the new Hawaii 5-0? I want to watch it but I just don't have time.
Baller, I was about to post this, and then I saw your post, so it's even more applicable:
Just drank some Drifter IPA... red IPA, classic aromatic hop aroma/flavor with some fruity notes, crisp body, balanced sweet and bitter--not super bitter i.e. SNB Torpedo/IPA, no pronounced high ABV intrusion that is found in some cheaper IPA's. Highly recommended.
Also... a lot of those beer things also hold true for women.
Sounds like an IPA I should try out.
Just finished off some St. Bernardus Witbier. Very nice wheat and citrus smell/taste with a bit of spice. Probably my favorite beer 🙂
Shows that must be watched:
Dexter
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Californication
Louie
Archer
Breaking Bad
Dexter
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Californication
Louie
Archer
Breaking Bad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Must watches for me:
Top Chef
Dexter
House
White Collar
NCIS
Burn Notice
United States of Tara <-- can't wait for this to come back!
Top Chef
Dexter
House
White Collar
NCIS
Burn Notice
United States of Tara <-- can't wait for this to come back!
Baller, I was about to post this, and then I saw your post, so it's even more applicable:
Just drank some Drifter IPA... red IPA, classic aromatic hop aroma/flavor with some fruity notes, crisp body, balanced sweet and bitter--not super bitter i.e. SNB Torpedo/IPA, no pronounced high ABV intrusion that is found in some cheaper IPA's. Highly recommended.
Also... a lot of those beer things also hold true for women.
This sounds awesome! A red IPA? Hmm... I've been more and more into IPA lately thanks to le BF. We've killed a case of Dogfish Head 90 minute over the past month.
Alas, living in PA means we get very little interesting beer unless you're willing to pay through the nose.
Sounds like an IPA I should try out.
Just finished off some St. Bernardus Witbier. Very nice wheat and citrus smell/taste with a bit of spice. Probably my favorite beer 🙂
Love this! Nice description. 🙂
Alas, living in PA means we get very little interesting beer unless you're willing to pay through the nose.
I have access to good beer. Willing to setup an occasional trade for some Yuengling. 🙂
Oh ya, does anyone have suggestions for what a dork like me should start watching/queuing on Netflix?
So far I have NCIS, Criminal Minds, and 24 in queue for DVDs....so obviously, I'm kinda one of those "government agency" crime show type boys.
Just be careful with 24. It has the ability to suck you in right quick. Eventually you'll wonder where the day went.
You're on. I'd throw in some Philly Brewing Co. to sweeten the deal even.I have access to good beer. Willing to setup an occasional trade for some Yuengling. 🙂
Except this damn state doesn't allow private alcohol shipments.
There's definitely options in the way of good local brews, but getting access to stuff outside PA is spotty at best. People here *just* started carrying Bear Republic Racer 5.
Just be careful with 24. It has the ability to suck you in right quick. Eventually you'll wonder where the day went.
no. no it doesn't.
every episode is exactly the same!
1. recap of last episode
2. conclusion of last episode's cliffhanger ending
3. things look relatively peaceful
4. jack gets a cell phone call, says "omg" and takes off running
5. obligatory gunfire and explosions
6. another cliffhanger ending
also, this is wishful thinking, but it'd be cool if for once, the terrorist was a white male rural farmer or something instead of "the other"
i hate 24. my friends have learned not to mention it around me lest I repeat these 6 steps at them for the 2349723th time
Last edited:
i hate 24. my friends have learned not to mention it around me lest I repeat these 6 steps at them for the 2349723th time
I won't disagree that it's formulaic, but if you're looking for mindless, escapist entertainment, it certainly fits the bill. Also, if you're the type that can't leave anything unfinished, it's hard to put down.
(Full disclosure: I used to be a hardcore 24 watcher but I started to care less and less after about the fourth season or so. I barely remember the seventh season and didn't even bother watching the eighth season while it was airing...only through Netflix am I bothering to catch up.)
Right now the only show that i waste my time with is californication. and it sucks, because not even if you actually were the nihilistic rebel artistic writer type could you have the lifestyle that moody has on the show.
I tried Dexter, but couldnt get through the first episode of the first season. Then there is the occasional House show that I watch when its on the dvr. Curb, seinfeld, and weeds (up to 4th season) are the other 3 shows that im completely familiar with.
I tried Dexter, but couldnt get through the first episode of the first season. Then there is the occasional House show that I watch when its on the dvr. Curb, seinfeld, and weeds (up to 4th season) are the other 3 shows that im completely familiar with.
People who tell me that the reason I should not have worried about getting into med school is because they read The Secret, and got snowboard tickets when they wished for them.......need to shut the f**k up.
haha, as a woman part of me thinks I shouldn't find this funny, but I like it.
Baller, I was about to post this, and then I saw your post, so it's even more applicable:
Just drank some Drifter IPA... red IPA, classic aromatic hop aroma/flavor with some fruity notes, crisp body, balanced sweet and bitter--not super bitter i.e. SNB Torpedo/IPA, no pronounced high ABV intrusion that is found in some cheaper IPA's. Highly recommended.
Also... a lot of those beer things also hold true for women.
Flow, you seem to be a knowledgeable beer guy. Have you ever had Pliny the Elder or Pliny the Younger? My bf was just telling me about them, apparently they're really tasty.
How is the new Hawaii 5-0? I want to watch it but I just don't have time.
I don't watch it all the time, but I've seen a few episodes and it's pretty entertaining. Similar to all the other crime-solving type shows I suppose... but tropical. 🙂
Also, Geeks and Addo, I feel your pain a little bit... I think I had food poisoning last night. Word of caution to everyone: do not eat leftover kung pao shrimp that's been sitting in the fridge for a couple of days... no es bueno.
I hate 24, but for a different reason. It's clearly propaganda that advocates torturing people (mostly "the other" as you mentioned) in order to gain information for the government. Information gained under torture has been proven unreliable, because people will say anything to try and get away. Violation of rights by a coercive body is never ok.i hate 24. my friends have learned not to mention it around me lest I repeat these 6 steps at them for the 2349723th time
Just like when my mom says "everything happens for a reason" (or because of God's plan etc.) when I get rejected from places. Yeah, it happened for a reason, and I freakin' hate whatever reason they found to reject me, I doubt it was God's doing.People who tell me that the reason I should not have worried about getting into med school is because they read The Secret, and got snowboard tickets when they wished for them.......need to shut the f**k up.
I haven't, but they sound good. I must correct my review, it's a Pale Ale, not an India Pale Ale. There's a slight difference (including the red color). I generally enjoy the taste of Pale Ales a little better anyway. I will def look into the Pliny's if I find 'em around. Lots of beers are regional so IDK if I can get it here in Reno. We're heavily influenced by Sierra Nevada, given it's only 4 hours away.Flow, you seem to be a knowledgeable beer guy. Have you ever had Pliny the Elder or Pliny the Younger? My bf was just telling me about them, apparently they're really tasty.
the silence in the house right now is to die for.
heheh, okayI won't disagree that it's formulaic, but if you're looking for mindless, escapist entertainment, it certainly fits the bill. Also, if you're the type that can't leave anything unfinished, it's hard to put down.
i knowwwww, rite?? I wonder what would've happened with the "enhanced interrogation" debate if millions of Americans hadn't been conditioned by TV to think that torture is necessary to stop terrorist attacks that are constantly about to be initiated by scaaaaary dark-skinned people 😱I hate 24, but for a different reason. It's clearly propaganda that advocates torturing people (mostly "the other" as you mentioned) in order to gain information for the government. Information gained under torture has been proven unreliable, because people will say anything to try and get away. Violation of rights by a coercive body is never ok.
Just like when my mom says "everything happens for a reason" (or because of God's plan etc.) when I get rejected from places. Yeah, it happened for a reason, and I freakin' hate whatever reason they found to reject me, I doubt it was God's doing.
I sympathize. The amount to which I may or may not ascribe any outcome in life as God's doing (or to a greater plan or reason) is that <insert omniscient being here> gave me the tools to do with as I wish; everything else depends on how I use them. As the app cycle comes to a close and the results being what they are, I've been told, "well, you were probably meant to be there." Umm... ok. 🙄
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This thread is kind of quiet. Methinks it's Mad Libs time.Shows that must be watched:
Dexter
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Californication
Louie
Archer
Breaking Bad
👍👍 This was the first show that popped in my mind. It's a must.
Shows that must be watched:
Dexter
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Californication
Louie
Archer
Breaking Bad
You sir have great taste in television.
Harvard acceptances came out, I'm currently hoping it was only a "first wave." =\ The odds of getting into one of my more preferred schools keep getting slimmer =X
shows to watch
1. House....woo this show is amazing, even though it becomes repetitive. If you start from season 1 and go forward, it's reallllly good
2. californication - another amazinggggg show
3. hung - has potential, here and there. I like the idea though
1. House....woo this show is amazing, even though it becomes repetitive. If you start from season 1 and go forward, it's reallllly good
2. californication - another amazinggggg show
3. hung - has potential, here and there. I like the idea though
Californication took a dip in quality after season 2.
Kind of like Entourage after season 4.
yeah but with garbage television today, its 'dip' still trumps most other shows
United States of Tara
Big Bang Theory
How I Met Your Mother
Parenthood
Brothers and Sisters
House (which is WAY better this season than it has been in a couple of years)
Top Chef
Big Bang Theory
How I Met Your Mother
Parenthood
Brothers and Sisters
House (which is WAY better this season than it has been in a couple of years)
Top Chef
United States of Tara
Big Bang Theory
How I Met Your Mother
Parenthood
Brothers and Sisters
House (which is WAY better this season than it has been in a couple of years)
Top Chef
I misread part of your list as an embarrassing combination of "Big Bang Theory" and "How I Met Your Mother".
Yep, definitely time to go to sleep.
i disagree. entourage seasons 1-4 are good. after that, its terrible.Californication took a dip in quality after season 2.
Kind of like Entourage after season 4.
Every time I watch how i met your mother I like it, but I haven't actually WATCHED it yet. =\United States of Tara
Big Bang Theory
How I Met Your Mother
Parenthood
Brothers and Sisters
House (which is WAY better this season than it has been in a couple of years)
Top Chef
I....I just.....
I give up.
and i just cant believe my first love wont be around
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
United States of Tara
Big Bang Theory
How I Met Your Mother
Parenthood
Brothers and Sisters
House (which is WAY better this season than it has been in a couple of years)
Top Chef
I disagree. Last season was an excellent opener and closer with enough movement in different characters to explain their current positions. The last two episodes of last season are probably one of the most infamous because it deals with one of the most profoundly important moments in "House" that we've dealt with. It gave us House sacrificing himself/being unselfish and almost getting nothing for it until the send when he gets Cuddy. I only hope people remember that. Last two episodes of last season = win.
Yes and yes!Also:
Mad Men &
Boardwalk Empire
o hai late-cycle interview invite

HIMYM to me is both hilarious and makes me wonder if I didn't squander my twenties. 🙄
I feel like I've been rickrolled.
I misread part of your list as an embarrassing combination of "Big Bang Theory" and "How I Met Your Mother".

Every time I watch how i met your mother I like it, but I haven't actually WATCHED it yet. =\
HIMYM to me is both hilarious and makes me wonder if I didn't squander my twenties. 🙄
I feel like I've been rickrolled.
o hai late-cycle interview invite
Congrats, Maubs!
How's everyone this morning?
I think I got my entire 20s out of the way in the year after college... definitely don't regret deciding to go to med school until a few years after. 😀
top o' the page to ya!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 592