Class of 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Started by Arjuna
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bee tee dubs, CodeBlu, I watched that movie tonight. Well, kind of. Just enough to see the raunchy bits. Gotta love Ryan Reynolds...😍
 
so quick question

I e-mailed the neurosurgeon yesterday I've been working with all summer (helping clinic, helping out in the OR, doing research with his resident, etc.) to write me an LOR. He knows me pretty well as I'm around him a lot and takes me to lunch with residents after long cases and things like that. Anyway I e-mailed him yesterday morning and haven't heard back-which is odd because he's usually prompt in answering in e-mails....and he gets about 20 e-mails an hour ( I would know I hold his phone during cases haha).i know he read the e-mail so I'm freaking out now.


I took yesterday off and am taking today off because my MCAT is Thursday. I'll be back in the OR with him Friday.

I guess I'm just venting/ worried..should I send him an e-mail today to see if he read my e-mail or should I just wait until Friday when I see him?
 
so quick question

I e-mailed the neurosurgeon yesterday I've been working with all summer (helping clinic, helping out in the OR, doing research with his resident, etc.) to write me an LOR. He knows me pretty well as I'm around him a lot and takes me to lunch with residents after long cases and things like that. Anyway I e-mailed him yesterday morning and haven't heard back-which is odd because he's usually prompt in answering in e-mails....and he gets about 20 e-mails an hour ( I would know I hold his phone during cases haha).i know he read the e-mail so I'm freaking out now.


I took yesterday off and am taking today off because my MCAT is Thursday. I'll be back in the OR with him Friday.

I guess I'm just venting/ worried..should I send him an e-mail today to see if he read my e-mail or should I just wait until Friday when I see him?

You will have a month after your MCAT to gather this letter. Don't worry about it at all.
 
Also, there should be a tutorial/quiz prior to making an account...

like where to find the answers to your stupid questions.

Do I include sexual endeavors as an EC? When they ask if I've ever matriculated before, does that mean if I've ever matriculated? I could go on and on.
 
so quick question

I e-mailed the neurosurgeon yesterday I've been working with all summer (helping clinic, helping out in the OR, doing research with his resident, etc.) to write me an LOR. He knows me pretty well as I'm around him a lot and takes me to lunch with residents after long cases and things like that. Anyway I e-mailed him yesterday morning and haven't heard back-which is odd because he's usually prompt in answering in e-mails....and he gets about 20 e-mails an hour ( I would know I hold his phone during cases haha).i know he read the e-mail so I'm freaking out now.


I took yesterday off and am taking today off because my MCAT is Thursday. I'll be back in the OR with him Friday.

I guess I'm just venting/ worried..should I send him an e-mail today to see if he read my e-mail or should I just wait until Friday when I see him?

Read the bolded parts, bolded part 1 = neuroticism. Bolded part 2 = yes wait 48 hours. Relax, your MCAT is more important than any LOR.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah I figured I was being neurotic, he's just busy as hell so I had to ask him early.

You have an MCAT scheduled Thursday, the last thing you need is more stress on your nerves. Just focus on that thing, believe me a couple extra points on your MCAT and the letters will matter much less.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ewwww Samoas, everyone knows that these are the best girl scout cookies.

thin-mints.jpg

Yes! Definitely the best kind.