Class Of 2018!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Very true. The problem with the UMass system is that they are really only well known in the area. I almost went to one of the UMasses, but decided to go to a smaller state university closer to home. UMass boston is on the other side of the state from me, so idk much about it, but I will ask some of my friends who hail from the boston area 🙂 As a whole, they are known for giving a high quailty education.
 
Very true. The problem with the UMass system is that they are really only well known in the area. I almost went to one of the UMasses, but decided to go to a smaller state university closer to home. UMass boston is on the other side of the state from me, so idk much about it, but I will ask some of my friends who hail from the boston area 🙂 As a whole, they are known for giving a high quailty education.

It can't be that far away from you, Massachusetts is such a tiny state in surface area. 😛
 
LOL opposite side of mass is definately very different from opposite side of say Texas! You can go from border to border in three hours or less.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I'd like some assistance from my fellow future hopefuls of the c/o 2018 if you all would be so kind. I'm in somewhat of a dilemma in regards to choosing my classes. Here's what I have so far:

Chem I
Chem I lab
Physics I
Physics I lab
A Research class (Helps us to find a research topic for our Senior presentations)
Physical Activity (Tennis = yay!)

This only amounts to 11 hours so I'm 1 hour shy of being full time. So, here's where you guys come in! I can either take: Calc I, an honors Sociology, Intermediate Spanish, or a Health professions class which is only one credit. Any suggestions? 🙂
 
There are no post-bacc programs there that work with what I need.

Ahh, understandable. I hope you find a good one man

So I'd like some assistance from my fellow future hopefuls of the c/o 2018 if you all would be so kind. I'm in somewhat of a dilemma in regards to choosing my classes. Here's what I have so far:

Chem I
Chem I lab
Physics I
Physics I lab
A Research class (Helps us to find a research topic for our Senior presentations)
Physical Activity (Tennis = yay!)

This only amounts to 11 hours so I'm 1 hour shy of being full time. So, here's where you guys come in! I can either take: Calc I, an honors Sociology, Intermediate Spanish, or a Health professions class which is only one credit. Any suggestions? 🙂


Hmmm, Calc is a requirement so thats always good, though with physics you may be overloaded with math. I'm taking Sociology now, and when I took it in highschool, it was a great class.

So my vote goes to Sociology this semester, Calc next semester
 
Ahh, understandable. I hope you find a good one man




Hmmm, Calc is a requirement so thats always good, though with physics you may be overloaded with math. I'm taking Sociology now, and when I took it in highschool, it was a great class.

So my vote goes to Sociology this semester, Calc next semester

I vote sociology too. Having something other than the hard sciences in my schedule helps me stay focused and sane. Perhaps it will be the same for you?
 
Ahh, understandable. I hope you find a good one man




Hmmm, Calc is a requirement so thats always good, though with physics you may be overloaded with math. I'm taking Sociology now, and when I took it in highschool, it was a great class.

So my vote goes to Sociology this semester, Calc next semester
I consulted the MSAR and most of the schools I looked at didn't even require Calculus. I was planning on taking it the year after I apply though.

I was thinking Sociology as well. 🙂
 
Sociology it is 🙂

Yeah, I def agree with Martle, having something other than science will help break the cycle and give you something else to look forward to
 
So I'd like some assistance from my fellow future hopefuls of the c/o 2018 if you all would be so kind. I'm in somewhat of a dilemma in regards to choosing my classes. Here's what I have so far:

Chem I
Chem I lab
Physics I
Physics I lab
A Research class (Helps us to find a research topic for our Senior presentations)
Physical Activity (Tennis = yay!)

This only amounts to 11 hours so I'm 1 hour shy of being full time. So, here's where you guys come in! I can either take: Calc I, an honors Sociology, Intermediate Spanish, or a Health professions class which is only one credit. Any suggestions? 🙂


Sociology is a cakewalk. Go with that.
 
What's everyone elses' schedule this up=coming semester?

Bio (200-level), physics (100), and o-chem all year (physics and o-chem have labs), plus a logic course in the fall, rouding out with some upper level linguistics classes. I think I can manage it, but it could become hel* on earth if I let it get out of control. This logic course is supposed to eat students alive, but I'd rather logic than a comp sci class or worse, more math. :/
 
Wowza, thats quite a load Martle! I seriously wish you well this coming semester. It sounds like you are going to need it. Are you going to continue any volunteering/sports/ EC's you are doing?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What's everyone elses' schedule this up=coming semester?

BIOL 351 General Microbiology
BIOL 352L General Microbiology Lab
PHIL 245 Professional Ethics
CHEM 302 Organic Chemistry II
CHEM 301 Organic Chemistry I Lab
MATH 181 Elements of Calculus II
BIOL 204 Plant and Animal Form and Function
BIOL 204L Plant and Animal Form and Function Lab
 
You guys have tough schedules!

Mine:

Gen Chem
Gen Chem Lab
Calculus 🙁
Psych of Child Development
Psych of Health
 
You guys have tough schedules!

Mine:

Gen Chem
Gen Chem Lab
Calculus 🙁
Psych of Child Development
Psych of Health

Thats almost the same schedule I had last year! Don't worry though, I know you will rock Calculus 🙂


Heres Mine:

Stats 210 (3)
Sociology (3)
Bio 152 (3)
Bio 152 Lab (1)
Chem 102 (3)
Chem 102 Lab (1)
Some random 1 credit class (1)


If I do great this semester, it will do wonders for my sGPA
 
I hope everyone here has a great semester! Us SDNer's must stick together!

Me too! I will definitely be motivating people on here. Its like going to the gym, it definitely helps if you have someone there with you along the way.

When you guys classes start? Mine is August 25th :scared:
 
Me too! I will definitely be motivating people on here. Its like going to the gym, it definitely helps if you have someone there with you along the way.

When you guys classes start? Mine is August 25th :scared:
Your classes start on a Thursday? August 22nd here.
 
You guys have tough schedules!

Mine:

Gen Chem
Gen Chem Lab
Calculus 🙁
Psych of Child Development
Psych of Health

Not too bad looking, Squishie. The psych classes should be gimmies with a minimal amount of effort allowing you to fully focus on calc and gen chem (and gen chem lab 😡🙁 )
 
upstate medical university, class of 2018

bs/md program

06/23/2011, accepted

🙂
 
Last edited:
It's very presumptuous of you guys to think you're going to get into med school on your first try (obviously addressing inc sophomores and not non-trads).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also, @Deathstar, can you please take your negitivity elsewhere? This thread is for encourageing the potiental class of 2018. The rest of this site will do enough to make people realize how low their chances are, and how hard it will be.

Now if you are a class of 2018er we would like to welcome you to our fold, if not, you can always make a 2019 thread.
 
Your classes start on a Thursday? August 22nd here.

Yeah, it is pretty weird. I'm pretty glad though, because the day before is my day long EMT state test.

Also, @Deathstar, can you please take your negitivity elsewhere? This thread is for encourageing the potiental class of 2018. The rest of this site will do enough to make people realize how low their chances are, and how hard it will be.

Now if you are a class of 2018er we would like to welcome you to our fold, if not, you can always make a 2019 thread.

Took the words right out of my mouth Squish 🙂 I have no doubt each of us 2018ers will get in on our first try. Not only that, but we will get into our top choice/dream school.

This is a place for encouragement towards each other so that we can reach our goal
 
yeye I said nvm cause I realized I was being a jerk. Didn't mean anything against you guys in my earlier comment.
 
That's a pretty sweet deal!

100% suny tuition...

CONGRATS!

You are officially the first Class of 2018er to be accepted 😀

thank you!!!

Ah nvm. Not 2018 but you guys are the closest to my age. Congrats medicalmuscle :hardy:

i am a non-traditional student...

COngrats!!!!!!!!!!

On our very first accepted member of this thread!!!!! Lets Party!!! :laugh:

thank you!!!

It's very presumptuous of you guys to think you're going to get into med school on your first try (obviously addressing inc sophomores and not non-trads).

please...
 
I begin September 1. (like Hogwarts!) 😀

And I would agree that it might be a little presumptuous of us, but positive thinking never hurt anyone. 😀 We're like a support group. I myself have an equal probability of ending up in the class of 2021 as I do the class of 2018, for my own reasons, but I'm going to stay here, with you guys, because it's going to be a long road, and while we all have friends outside of the internet (I hope!), it never hurts to have a group of people who are going through the same process.
 
I begin September 1. (like Hogwarts!) 😀

And I would agree that it might be a little presumptuous of us, but positive thinking never hurt anyone. 😀 We're like a support group. I myself have an equal probability of ending up in the class of 2021 as I do the class of 2018, for my own reasons, but I'm going to stay here, with you guys, because it's going to be a long road, and while we all have friends outside of the internet (I hope!), it never hurts to have a group of people who are going through the same process.

NICE! Thats the same days as my birthday 😀


Exactly, while I do have friends outside of the webz, none of them are pre-med. I have pre-pharm, pre-dent, even pre-physical therapy, but none will know exactly what I'm going through
 
Thats ok Deathstar, we forgive you 🙂


And Welcome to the new commers!



I am getting pumped for the new semester.
 
Whatever happened to Doc of the Walk? He didn't take a hit for making this thread did he?

No, a problem with a different thread, but if you look closely, I think you will find that a "help will be given to hogwarts to those who ask for it" thing went on.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know!


Also I'm surprised that it is only 2 AM Eastern you aren't online. Your slacking, Squishie. 😉



*sigh

These campers are running me down! On average we see 3 a day 😵 out of now 30! Lots of dehydration and tummy aches. The best part? We have a heat advisory tomorrow, and they wont move the kid's classes to an airconditioned building! They will be dropping like flies!
 
*sigh

These campers are running me down! On average we see 3 a day 😵 out of now 30! Lots of dehydration and tummy aches. The best part? We have a heat advisory tomorrow, and they wont move the kid's classes to an airconditioned building! They will be dropping like flies!

Ouchhh, I wish you well Squish! Is it just you? How much longer of this camp is left before school starts?