Class Of 2018!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There are always the schools in the Mountain West and Southwest. 😀


What are my fellow 2018ers spending their sundays doing?

Rescued kittens (srs!) in the morning and babysat this afternoon. Oh, and major league Netflixing later.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
East Coast woot woot! Although I'll also be applying to some Midwest schools, family ties. :/ Maybe even a few in the South, you know, get a new cultural experience (haha). And of course, one or two Canadian schools. 😀 All subject to change.

Do you guys think it's better to have specific schools to work towards at this point, or better to keep on trucking with a more general goal?

I kind of have a dream school but of course, I'd like to get accepted anywhere.

In-state Dream School: UVa or MCV
Out-of-State: UMiami or FIU

There are always the schools in the Mountain West and Southwest. 😀


What are my fellow 2018ers spending their sundays doing?

I just got off work 😀 Its amazing that people still grocery shop at 10 o'clock at night

Making my back to school list 🙂

:scared: Ughhh, I'm going to hold off buying my books until I absolutely know that I need them. But other than that, I'm getting a new backpack (had the same one since junior in high school), and some notebooks
 
Haha did it get thrown in the pool somehow? Possibly on purpose?

That reminds me of when I stopped taking spanish in high school. My step-brother and I hung up our workbooks and proceeded to rip them to shreds with our airsoft guns. Gooood timess
 
can't believe i didn't see this thread earlier! Goodluck to everyone im also going to be a 2018 applicant 😀
 
can't believe i didn't see this thread earlier! Goodluck to everyone im also going to be a 2018 applicant 😀

Welcome my friend 😀


Also, has anyone ever seen the show Falling Skies? I watched the first two episodes today, and I must say this show is flippin awesome
 
A very very warm welcome to you!!!!!!!


Sorry Doc, but I've never seen it 🙁

'Tis okay 🙂 If you like Alien Post-Apocalyptic settings than this is a really good show. Like The Walking Dead if you have seen that too.


I don't know! I just got back from a friends house, and we played an EPIC game of ping pong. He won, but it was too good to be mad
 
I used to, buttttt thats a long sad story. I do, however, hate cats. With. A. Passion. Actually no, I don't hate cats, but dogs are sooooooo much better
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not gonna lie, I posted on the 2017 thread first because I'm a smart winner.

Actual class of 2018. So the way better. Fewer exclamation marks. 🙂
 
Not gonna lie, I posted on the 2017 thread first because I'm a smart winner.

Actual class of 2018. So the way better. Fewer exclamation marks. 🙂

Welcome 🙂

I can't wait to go through the struggles of pre-med-ship with you guys. Its going to make hearing that we all got in all the more better
 
🙂

What are you guys up to today?

I'm volunteering at the museum and then I have my EMT class later tonight. I take my state test the 18th!!
 
I'm watching an unauthorized cheerleading camp invade my place of work. WTF. (I work at my city's park as a lifeguard)
 
I literally just put in my notice at work and trying to finish packing. This weekend I'm having my going away party in NOLA with some friends. While the party is going to be a blast, I can't wait to get started this term.

I'm also eating a sandwich at the moment. It is delicious.
 
Last edited:
Good luck with (I assuming your practical) Exam!!!!!!! :luck:
My advice is to bring a favorite novel you can get lost in, or playing card. Staying relaxed is key 🙂


Jennet, you just made me want a peanutbutter and banana sandwich!
 
2nd page guys? C'mon!

On a happy note, got a calc test back today: 99 what uppp?

Granted, it's my second time around, so I should be nailing all of this stuff, but it still feels good. At this rate, I'll have a nice A to make up for that gross, ugly D I got the first time. 🙁
 
I'm watching an unauthorized cheerleading camp invade my place of work. WTF. (I work at my city's park as a lifeguard)

Oh man, I worked at a beach as a lifeguard. Most.Boring.Job.Everrrrrrr.

I literally just put in my notice at work and trying to finish packing. This weekend I'm having my going away party in NOLA with some friends. While the party is going to be a blast, I can't wait to get started this term.

I'm also eating a sandwich at the moment. It is delicious.

Where you moving to Jennet? Or are you just going back to college? Have fun that party, do a rum shot for me :hardy:

Good luck with (I assuming your practical) Exam!!!!!!! :luck:
My advice is to bring a favorite novel you can get lost in, or playing card. Staying relaxed is key 🙂


Jennet, you just made me want a peanutbutter and banana sandwich!

Thanks 🙂 Though my state isn't until the 18th of August. Right now in class, we are just practicing what the stations will be like (2 trauma rooms, and 1 medical. Plus a random skills room)
 
Oh man, I worked at a beach as a lifeguard. Most.Boring.Job.Everrrrrrr.



Where you moving to Jennet? Or are you just going back to college? Have fun that party, do a rum shot for me :hardy:



Thanks 🙂 Though my state isn't until the 18th of August. Right now in class, we are just practicing what the stations will be like (2 trauma rooms, and 1 medical. Plus a random skills room)


I wonder if your stations are different?

1=CPR
2= upper and lower extremeity splinting
3= trauma and medical assessment
4=spine imoblitzation
 
2nd page guys? C'mon!

On a happy note, got a calc test back today: 99 what uppp?

Granted, it's my second time around, so I should be nailing all of this stuff, but it still feels good. At this rate, I'll have a nice A to make up for that gross, ugly D I got the first time. 🙁


Congrats! Run with it!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wonder if your stations are different?

1=CPR
2= upper and lower extremeity splinting
3= trauma and medical assessment
4=spine imoblitzation

I believe so:

First a 120 question test

Then:

1 station (Randon Skills; Bleeding Control, Longboard Splints, etc)
1 station (Medical; Stroke patient, Heart Failure, Allergic Reaction)
2 stations (Trauma; Chainsaw to the arm, Car accident, MCI, Gunshot, etc)
 
I believe so:

First a 120 question test

Then:

1 station (Randon Skills; Bleeding Control, Longboard Splints, etc)
1 station (Medical; Stroke patient, Heart Failure, Allergic Reaction)
2 stations (Trauma; Chainsaw to the arm, Car accident, MCI, Gunshot, etc)


Weird. Does your state do the national test? MA doesn't. Also, we take our 100 question written exam after we have been confirmed to have past the practical exam.
 
Yup! Thats separate from the state one though. Thats sort of convenient. If we fail any portion of the staties, all we have to do is wait a week or two and take that specific section again
 
Yup! Thats separate from the state one though. Thats sort of convenient. If we fail any portion of the staties, all we have to do is wait a week or two and take that specific section again


We have a three strikes and you have to retake the class rule. It happened to my boyfriend, he failed the written three time.
 
Last edited:
He is retaking his written soon, so we'll see.



So far today I have sat on my couch and complete 5 con eds for my EMT recert on mediced.com
 
It is an inexpensise why to get con ed credits. Google it 🙂 I don't want to make the mods mad if they think I might be an advertizer :scared:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just realized that if everything goes according to plan, I will be taking the MCAT around this time next year. !!!!!
 
*Gasps* Have you boughten any study material for it? If all goes to plan, I'll be taking mine spring of 2013.
 
Ha, no, but I have a note in my calendar to start ordering things in February or March of next year. I think I like SN2ed's schedule, so that's what I'll be following, hopefully while I work a *very* part-time job or volunteer or take one or two summer classes.

Spring of 2013 isn't a bad time either, but I figured that if I messed it up (which I might, due to my inevitably heavy courseload that semester), this way I get another shot without having to delay my apps and everything. Not to mention I'm done with pre-reqs, so they're fresh. 😀