Class of 2022 & 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DexterMorganSK

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congrats On Your Acceptances! :clap:

This is thread is for the Class of 2022

Post your questions/concerns regarding anything and everything related to our profession.

Enjoy the last few weeks you have before classes begin, and I suggest you spend these weeks with your loved ones and do whatever to relax.

If you didn't already, then please join the Class of 2022 FB page for all 9 schools:

Finally, a word of advice, when you all begin classes: be courteous to one another. This goes not only for the faculty/mentors but also everyone in your class. Podiatry is a small profession, and everyone involved with your class is a colleague from day 1.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

This is thread is for the class of 2022

Please post your questions/concerns regarding anything and everything related to our profession.

Enjoy the last few weeks you have before classes begin, and I suggest you spend these weeks with your loved ones and do whatever to relax.

If you didn't already, then please join the Class of 2022 FB page for all 9 schools:

Good luck!
So, I have seen people are talking that apps are down this cycle.

Are there or will there be documents available to show the actual numbers?

So, I have seen people are talking that apps are down this cycle.

Are there or will there be documents available to show the actual numbers?

We should be able to see the final numbers once classes are in session, so around the end of August to early September.
Otherwise, I can post the final #s for Scholl and NYCPM (probably) during that time.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Moving to Des Moines tomorrow. Leaving in about 4 hours for an 8 hours drive. Excited but also nervous. Here’s to new beginnings!

That's awesome!! Travel safely & have a great time! When do you start? Hopefully the move goes well

I leave for Ohio on the 4th of July..... can't say that I love paying the touristy summer prices to fly to and from my current state but the 4th had reasonable fare.

Reactions: 2 users
That's awesome!! Travel safely & have a great time! When do you start? Hopefully the move goes well

I leave for Ohio on the 4th of July..... can't say that I love paying the touristy summer prices to fly to and from my current state but the 4th had reasonable fare.
Orientation starts on July 31st.

Reactions: 1 users
One of the draw backs of being a late applicant is waiting for your financial aid stuff.

Scholl peeps where are some good places to live if I don't want to live in Woodlands. Looking for a 1 bedroom for my first year.

Moving to Des Moines tomorrow. Leaving in about 4 hours for an 8 hours drive. Excited but also nervous. Here’s to new beginnings!
Drive safely, I moved to Kent and it was also an 8 hour drive

This is thread is for the Class of 2022

Post your questions/concerns regarding anything and everything related to our profession.

Finally, a word of advice, when you all begin classes: be courteous to one another. This goes not only for the faculty/mentors but also everyone in your class. Podiatry is a small profession, and everyone involved with your class is a colleague from day 1.

Good luck!

Thanks! I'm excited to begin classes and am looking forward to meeting everyone attending the Scholl program.

Can 2nd year and other SDNers share major tips on how to study for Biochem and Anatomy?

What are some successful strategies?

Thank you

Can 2nd year and other SDNers share major tips on how to study for Biochem and Anatomy?

Thank you
I used a lot of mnemonics for anatomy and even biochem when it came to the amino acids and pathways. It really depends on what style of learning helps you the most. Drawing out the pathways in biochem and the arterial branches in anatomy over and over helps. Make sure you get in the lab enough to study the cadavers. If you do not do as well as you would like on the first round of exams or quizzes then switch up your study strategy. If you need help with specific topics let me know and I can share how I learned them.

I used a lot of mnemonics for anatomy and even biochem when it came to the amino acids and pathways. It really depends on what style of learning helps you the most. Drawing out the pathways in biochem and the arterial branches in anatomy over and over helps. Make sure you get in the lab enough to study the cadavers. If you do not do as well as you would like on the first round of exams or quizzes then switch up your study strategy. If you need help with specific topics let me know and I can share how I learned them.
Thank you

Thank you

If you didn't already, get a whiteboard. It will help with all of your courses, esp Anatomy and Biochem.

For Anatomy lab, I used Rohen's Flashcards, we have their atlas in the library so got the flashcards and they're amazing, because of the actual cadaver pictures (visit gross lab whenever you can, you truly learn it only by being there in the lab rather than books). For biochem, like Podstar said, drawing out the pathways, mnemonics, and repetitions help. There are very small details in biochem that you may be tested on so making flashcards or studynotes from ppt should help. I believe as a general rule, follow your class ppts/notes and use them for primary studying; use the textbook only if the ppt does not make sense. If I attend the lecture, I try to really focus and take notes on whatever is missing from the ppt. That same day, I would make study cards from the ppts and review them before the next day lecture.

Everyone studies differently so don't feel bad about trying out various methods if plans a and b don't work.

Just remember everything and never forget it..... lol jk kind of lol but you have to find what works for you. Each person learns differently and what worked for you in undergrad may not work now due to the large amount of information you need to learn in a short time. Also, each class you may have to study a different way depending on how they test you. Just have to try different ways until you find what works for you. Personally, I just try to get through the material 5 times at least, highlighting main points so it stands out to me while reading. Mnemonics are useful to use also, the funnier the better for myself.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, from your experience with White Coat ceremony, I understand the dress code, I just wanted to get opinions on arm tattoos....do the schools require you to cover it up during the ceremony? (obviously before the white coat is placed) or do they not care about it?
Thanks for your insight!
You will be fine with them showing.

Hey guys, from your experience with White Coat ceremony, I understand the dress code, I just wanted to get opinions on arm tattoos....do the schools require you to cover it up during the ceremony? (obviously before the white coat is placed) or do they not care about it?
Thanks for your insight!

The school may not care about it but the respectable thing to do is to cover it if you can.

Bumping this old thread so that anyone reading this can add their program review to the forum below. We should update the program reviews every year to help future students or others rotate or think about residency. I will also edit the thread's name and add the class of 2023 to it; since there isn't a specific thread for that class. Class of 2023 will be starting year 3 this summer also, so they can review programs they are rotating at.

Please post your reviews here: Forum Members - PMSR/RRA Residency Reviews

So I heard a few different stories from upperclassmen about co-externs throwing each-other under the bus during externships. Obviously don't know how externships work, how did the class of 2021 and others approach situations like that? any answers, even sassy ones, are appreciated!

So I heard a few different stories from upperclassmen about co-externs throwing each-other under the bus during externships. Obviously don't know how externships work, how did the class of 2021 and others approach situations like that? any answers, even sassy ones, are appreciated!
Never had this happen to me. All of my co-externs were awesome to work with and we would regularly go out to eat and get drinks during the months. If I was in this situation though, if it was something petty I would probably just let it go. If it was something major I would probably bring it up to that person directly and solve it that way. If it continued then I would consider bringing it up to the attending involved or the director, but only after I exhausted my other options. Most externships I went on did not have us working directly with other externs, so really the only way this could happen would be another student talking bad about you, but people can pretty easily see through that and it just reflects bad on the person doing the talking.

Bumping this old thread so that anyone reading this can add their program review to the forum below. We should update the program reviews every year to help future students or others rotate or think about residency. I will also edit the thread's name and add the class of 2023 to it; since there isn't a specific thread for that class. Class of 2023 will be starting year 3 this summer also, so they can review programs they are rotating at.

Please post your reviews here: Forum Members - PMSR/RRA Residency Reviews
Hopefully we can get some recent feedback since 3rd years are in the process of applying to externships now. These threads are super helpful.

You're not there yet. Focus on getting through class first.

Once you get there, welcome it.

If you are hardworking, looking out for the team, and get along easy with other people- you will have nothing to worry about even if your co-extern tries to "one up" you or throw you under the bus in front of attendings.

Attendings and residents see externs every year. They can sniff one out within a day never mind a month.

And if they don't sniff those people out- is it really a program you want to be at?

You're not there yet. Focus on getting through class first.

Once you get there, welcome it.

If you are hardworking, looking out for the team, and get along easy with other people- you will have nothing to worry about even if your co-extern tries to "one up" you or throw you under the bus in front of attendings.

Attendings and residents see externs every year. They can sniff one out within a day never mind a month.

And if they don't sniff those people out- is it really a program you want to be at?

Weirdy, I hope when you get a chance and obviously if you're willing, please write some reviews of the program you rotated at in the sticky :) You're one of the more honest ones here and so far everything you've said I'm experiencing it now haha.

Weirdy, I hope when you get a chance and obviously if you're willing, please write some reviews of the program you rotated at in the sticky :) You're one of the more honest ones here and so far everything you've said I'm experiencing it now haha.
Will work on it and probably submit anonymously.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Just wanted to say good luck to c/o 2022 with boards tomorrow and interviews starting later this week! :luck::luck::luck: