Class of 2023 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have a weird situation I just messaged Iowa about. I am helping to further develop a livestock education and certification for agriculture law enforcemnt course for UF-Ifas. The issue is that im working on it now as well as being co-author on an abstract for my research on sodium bisulfate in horse stalls. I included my research hours in my VMCAS application but not the two things that are helpful and interesting because they happened after I submitted.

Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

I have a weird situation I just messaged Iowa about. I am helping to further develop a livestock education and certification for agriculture law enforcemnt course for UF-Ifas. The issue is that im working on it now as well as being co-author on an abstract for my research on sodium bisulfate in horse stalls. I included my research hours in my VMCAS application but not the two things that are helpful and interesting because they happened after I submitted.

Any advice?
Some schools will accept updates on those kinds of things. Really up to the individual schools, so contacting them was the right idea.

Reactions: 1 user

Any advice?

Good things to talk about in your interviews!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey ‘23 Applicants! I’m super disappointed in the lack of Ohio State ‘23ers thread...

Reactions: 3 users
Hey ‘23 Applicants! I’m super disappointed in the lack of Ohio State ‘23ers thread...
I feel like this year most threads haven’t been made. I’ve been a lurker for a while and usually they’re all up by May

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone seen a UGA 2023 or OSU 2023 thread? If not, I’ll make them!

Last edited:
Sometimes I want to give up and then I recoginize two horses have gone lame and can tell the vet where and on what leg etc. On one I found the issue she confirmed..it's that kind of thing that keeps me going.

Reactions: 4 users
Then go make the thread and come to the best school ever. I made the thread my year and I got in, which is definitely statistically significant ;).
I did, to be honest I really would love to go to the midwest schools. I'd miss UF but I've never seen snow or mountains. Ive never flown in a plane either.

I love OSU. Feel free to reach out if you ever have questions:)

The Illinois '23 thread is sad, too. Lol. We can be sad neighbors.

I've never seen snow or mountains. Ive never flown in a plane either.

As a Coloradoan, can confirm that snow and flying are grossly over-rated. Mountains are cool and necessary in learning directions. But snow can go to heck in a handbasket and road trips are better than flying 100% of the time.

As a Coloradoan, can confirm that snow and flying are grossly over-rated. Mountains are cool and necessary in learning directions. But snow can go to heck in a handbasket and road trips are better than flying 100% of the time.

I say the same about the beach..but then again I miss it :(

Does anyone know if most schools communicate primarily through the school’s portal or the email provided on the VMCAS application? I applied to a lot of schools and it’s much easier to check my singular email versus 16 different portals.

Does anyone know if most schools communicate primarily through the school’s portal or the email provided on the VMCAS application? I applied to a lot of schools and it’s much easier to check my singular email versus 16 different portals.
It depends on the school! I think most with portals will send you an email when you have a portal update, but it varies.

Never thought I'd say this but: I wish Iowa did interviews. The wait is killing me. I just want to hear SOMETHING but I know I won't know anything til mid winter! UGH (I am now regretting putting all my eggs in one basket)

Never thought I'd say this but: I wish Iowa did interviews. The wait is killing me. I just want to hear SOMETHING but I know I won't know anything til mid winter! UGH (I am now regretting putting all my eggs in one basket)
I wish they did too because I feel you can sell yourself more as a student that way.

I need to stop checking SDN everyday otherwise this is going to be a long 3 months. :laugh:

Reactions: 13 users
I need to stop checking SDN everyday otherwise this is going to be a long 3 months. :laugh:
Same with me with LMU, everyone is getting invites right now and im sitting here like O.O but also with how close the interviews are it'd mess up my classes right now. I'm probably bottom of the barrel for them but im remaining hopeful. My only bad thing for Wisconsin is my GRE, Iowa and MSU im hopeful. Virginia/Maryland and LMU are my iffy ones. UF is pie in the sky but my IS and where I am finishing my masters.