Class of 2023 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My invite is to UT, too!! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
I won't get to help with the interviews themselves until c/o 2024 (holy ****), but hopefully I'll be in town this time for interview days and get to help with greeting and such :D

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I won't get to help with the interviews themselves until c/o 2024 (holy ****), but hopefully I'll be in town this time for interview days and get to help with greeting and such :D

Whenever I get to meet current students I basically feel like I'm meeting a celebrity. So yay!!!! I hope you get to come!

I'll be the one profusely sweating who brought her ultra proud mom. Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Whenever I get to meet current students I basically feel like I'm meeting a celebrity. So yay!!!! I hope you get to come!

I'll be the one profusely sweating who brought her ultra proud mom. Lol!

Teehee. I'll be the super short curly haired one who looks like a child. if you look close enough you'll see I'm internally screaming because I like being friendly and helpful but have excessive social anxiety. Just gotta keep the sweat on the inside ;)

Reactions: 6 users
Teehee. I'll be the super short curly haired one who looks like a child. if you look close enough you'll see I'm internally screaming because I like being friendly and helpful but have excessive social anxiety. Just gotta keep the sweat on the inside ;)

SAME!! I like you already! Lol!

Reactions: 1 user
YAYYYYYYY
GOOD FOR IT BEING YOUR IS. Because that likely is your cheapest option. @WildZoo is a third year there currently!!

And for your last bit, ALWAYS APPLY TO YOUR IN STATE EVEN IF YOU DONT THINK YOU HAVE A SHOT. You’re in a smaller pool of applicants and it’s likely your cheapest option
Unless you almost don’t have the prerequisites bc some schools, *cough cough* NC State says to have all retaken classes done the summer before you apply. Otherwise you can’t meet the prereq until the next cycle. And I thought I wasn’t going to pass organic 2 :dead: :heckyeah:

Which was extremely nerve racking in case anyone was wondering....

Congrats on everyone getting interviews! I'm jealous as I sit here waiting for the next few months to go because I'm unlikely to hear until November at the earliest. Trying to enjoy my time off but it's definitely hard....

Congrats on everyone getting interviews! I'm jealous as I sit here waiting for the next few months to go because I'm unlikely to hear until November at the earliest. Trying to enjoy my time off but it's definitely hard....
I didn’t hear anything until mid November (and then second and only other interview I heard late January). Not gonna lie it’s a terrible wait. I FEEL YOU.

I still haven't heard from any of the schools that I thought I was more likely to get an interview from that I submitted my app to months ago..... let's just assume that longer wait times mean they are really using extra TLC when reviewing our applications

Members don't see this ad :)
I know UF said heres a timeline please stop emailing us and calling about your application times. If they sent out an email like that they were probably being swamped ( no pun intended).

I still haven't heard from any of the schools that I thought I was more likely to get an interview from that I submitted my app to months ago..... let's just assume that longer wait times mean they are really using extra TLC when reviewing our applications

Some schools don’t start looking at apps until the deadline has passed. Some schools have a set time they send out allllll the invites (like some are the Friday before they go on Christmas break by 5 pm). Some send them out continuously when they find an applicant they like vs finding all the ones they like the best in the pool. Some schools wait until they have fall grades in before sending out invites (I’m looking at you, Illinois).
Just because you haven’t heard from those schools the day after the deadline doesn’t mean that you’re not getting one. It just means they’re not done reviewing them.

What schools did you apply to besides UTK??

Some schools don’t start looking at apps until the deadline has passed. Some schools have a set time they send out allllll the invites (like some are the Friday before they go on Christmas break by 5 pm). Some send them out continuously when they find an applicant they like vs finding all the ones they like the best in the pool. Some schools wait until they have fall grades in before sending out invites (I’m looking at you, Illinois).
Just because you haven’t heard from those schools the day after the deadline doesn’t mean that you’re not getting one. It just means they’re not done reviewing them.

What schools did you apply to besides UTK??

Some wait until they have your fall grades?? My oh my! That's kinda intense lol! I also applied to LMU, Ross, and I just remembered that I technically applied to Midwestern but got an automatic rejection because I didn't meet one of their requirements.

Some wait until they have your fall grades?? My oh my! That's kinda intense lol! I also applied to LMU, Ross, and I just remembered that I technically applied to Midwestern but got an automatic rejection because I didn't meet one of their requirements.

Yeah Illinois lets you know in mid-January for interviews..... I don’t think they actually use fall grades in determining whether or not you GET an interview but they come out around the same time when fall grades are due to them. But if you don’t turn in your grades or you didn’t pass the prereq they rescind your offer if they’re sent out before they’re due.
And then the schools that don’t interview, some wait until they have fall grades to send out acceptances (I know Iowa State and Oklahoma State both send out decisions mid to late February)

Last edited:
Yeah I know Ohio State for sure hasn't started even reading applications yet. I hope I can just force myself to forget I even applied then decisions will come as a surprise :laugh:

Reactions: 3 users
Hi all,

Good luck to everyone this cycle! I’m a first time applicant playing the “hurry up and wait” game now.
Do interview invite typically go out via email or do they come by phone call? Thanks!

Hi all,

Good luck to everyone this cycle! I’m a first time applicant playing the “hurry up and wait” game now.
Do interview invite typically go out via email or do they come by phone call? Thanks!
Generally email. Not sure I know of any school that makes phone calls. Sometimes acceptances will come with a phone call depending on the school.

Generally email. Not sure I know of any school that makes phone calls. Sometimes acceptances will come with a phone call depending on the school.
Vet mentor said we were lucky. Back in the day you knew you got in or an interview because you recieved a certified letter..if it wasnt certified you didn't.

Reactions: 1 users
For those of you who have accepted an interview invite in the past, do they normally email you back? I sent an email confirming my time slot and haven't heard anything. I'm paranoid that I've missed a step or something.

I know they have 179473 things to do right now so I'm not surprised but just wanting to double and triple check every move I make. Lol

For those of you who have accepted an interview invite in the past, do they normally email you back? I sent an email confirming my time slot and haven't heard anything. I'm paranoid that I've missed a step or something.

I know they have 179473 things to do right now so I'm not surprised but just wanting to double and triple check every move I make. Lol

I heard back from Kansas State and LMU but not Illinois either time I interviewed. If it’s been a couple actual weekdays since you received and accepted it, you could give them a call or email. If it’s the first weekday today since they sent them out, I’d give it a couple more days to see if you get anything. They might just be swamped with emails.

I haven't heard back from most yet but most of mine wont send anything until about Nov.

I'll see if I can go back and check for you, but we're a smaller school with a smaller admissions department so they may just not reply back to everyone.

I confirmed and didn't receive a confirmation e-mail, so I think we're okay!

So I was under the impression that majority of schools send out interview invites in the late winter months (Dec, Jan, Feb) but it turns out some schools send them out earlier??
I recently found out Midwestern does. Does anyone know which other schools do this?

So I was under the impression that majority of schools send out interview invites in the late winter months (Dec, Jan, Feb) but it turns out some schools send them out earlier??
I recently found out Midwestern does. Does anyone know which other schools do this?
Lincoln memorial also does. I think the newer schools generally start sending them out and interviewing earlier because they interview so many people. Kansas State starts sending them out in November. Michigan State starts in November for in state (December for oos)

I know LMU sends out invites early, I got mine in early september and interviewed yesterday!

Anyone hear from Penn? That's the only school that didn't send a confirmation that they recieved my app. Or is this their norm?

Anyone hear from Penn? That's the only school that didn't send a confirmation that they recieved my app. Or is this their norm?
I also applied to Penn and haven’t heard back yet.

I also applied to Penn and haven’t heard back yet.
I think I heard from (maybe I read it? I can't remember) someone on here who applied there two cycles ago that they got a confirmation email a couple weeks after the deadline

Iowa sent out thank you emails and I had a heart attack I swear. So maybe Penn is also a bit late due to the fiasco called Florence.

Have not heard from Penn yet. Only Minnesota and Ohio have sent me “we received your application” emails so far.

Iowa sent out thank you emails and I had a heart attack I swear. So maybe Penn is also a bit late due to the fiasco called Florence.
Tell me how Virgina-Maryland sent me an email the other day starting with “Good morning! Congratulations!...” how dare they?? They were congratulating me on submitting my app lmao.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
To my understanding, if someone gets accepted into Sydney, the schooling would start February of 2019. Does anyone know if the school allows deferment until February of 2020?

To my understanding, if someone gets accepted into Sydney, the schooling would start February of 2019. Does anyone know if the school allows deferment until February of 2020?

I saw that too. I was like.... I won’t even have heard back from everyone yet!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also... I posted this in the UC Davis ℅ 2023 thread too but haven't gotten a reply yet so trying it here... how long after being verified does it take for them to send you the secondary link?? I know that I have another essay to write that's gonna be due mid-oct, but not having access to the question or the exact deadline is STRESSING MEH OUTTTTTT :nailbiting::help:

Also... I posted this in the UC Davis ℅ 2023 thread too but haven't gotten a reply yet so trying it here... how long after being verified does it take for them to send you the secondary link?? I know that I have another essay to write that's gonna be due mid-oct, but not having access to the question or the exact deadline is STRESSING MEH OUTTTTTT :nailbiting::help:
Relax, you will have plenty of time. You will get the link when you get it. No reason to freak out :)

Did anyone receive any sort of confirmation from Mizzou? When I submitted their wacky supplemental fee, I essentially got a receipt for "YOU PAYED US," but nothing else since

:rofl:Yeah I just was like oh my...oh it's a confirmation. I love the midwesty colleges though they've been super nice.

do any of you know if there's a Western 2023 group chat going??