Class of 2023 Veterinary HPSP

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by Armyhealth, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Armyhealth

Armyhealth Army Healthcare Recruiter

Started this thread for those applying to Vet School/HPSP this upcoming cycle. All questions welcome about application process or army questions. Good luck!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. gfritz

Pre-Medical
    Thank you for starting the thread.
    My questions are

1: If I am not accepted to the HSPS can I still join the army? And will they reimburse my schooling?
    2: If that were the case, do I apply for an army position in my first/second year (same as I would do for HSPS) or when I finish vet school?
    3: I'll be 33 by the time I graduate. How much of a factor does age play in getting accepted? I understand the cut off for joining is 35.
    4: For future students, would acceptance chances increase if prior work with the army were a factor? If so, any recommendations?
    5: I assume the HSPS is a nationwide pot, estimatimation of applications versus acceptance?
    6: My uncle is a Major (my reference letter) I have a 3.7 GPA, I've done a lot of overseas humanitarian work, I'm very physically fit, and have a bachelors in Animal Science. What can I do to make myself more competitive? Is there any summer or one-year program, or perhaps volunteer work? What are your recommendations?

Thank you for your time and answering these questions.