Class Schedules

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dmayor22

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since there seem to be more and more students from different schools posting now I was wondering if everyone would share their typical daily schedule. Time in class...how long you study each day, etc. And for the ones that are married...how hard is it staying in the library and studying all the time and still keep your better half happy?

Members don't see this ad.

We've had similar discussions before. (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=291895&highlight=schedule)

I am married and I make sure that I spend time with my family. Going to school is similar to having a job. You should be there at least from 8-4; some days you'll be there longer. The majority of the stress is in your first year b/c you adapt to the life as a medical student. Your significant other must and will adapt with you. One thing is for sure your relationship is different. It will seem (at least in my case) more "grown up." My wife and I don't go out and party anymore, we don't travel as much, but all in all we are much happier.

It is difficult to tell you how to study b/c for each person it is different. I'm sure everything will work out.

Dmayor22 said:
Since there seem to be more and more students from different schools posting now I was wondering if everyone would share their typical daily schedule. Time in class...how long you study each day, etc. And for the ones that are married...how hard is it staying in the library and studying all the time and still keep your better half happy?

I try to buy into the same philosphy as Feelgood as making it a job and when I was doing this I was much happier. I am married and my wife and I had to have an adjustment period with the studying but by the end of the year we got into a nice schedule. As for a typical day broken down, I get up and go to class thirty minutes early and read my notes. We usually had class from 8-12 and sometimes labs in the afternoon. But at noon I always make sure to go and workout because it just helps with the stresses of school and life. From 1-5pm I would study and the go to work at the Wellness Center and study. Play a game of basketball for a break. Go home and hangout with my wife.

As long as you don't let the coursework overwhelm you then you will be fine. If you are only used to seeing your spouse for a few hours a day then you will have no problem