Classification of Volunteer Leadership

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Everyone,

I currently hold an unpaid leadership role within a rare disease non-profit (which I assume is "non-clinical" although medically-related). Without imparting too much information, my role is managerial and may help to provide previously unknown data related to this disease.

To those with application reviewing or submitting experience, could this be classified as both "leadership" and "non-clinical volunteering"? I will have 400+ hours at the time of application.

Thank you!
 
I think without knowing many more details it's hard for me to give an answer. You are best off being honest. I think that as long as you could explain to the dean of a school why it was both leadership and non clinical volunteering then go for it. If you can't honestly and easily talk about one of those then probably don't put it.