Cliffs Bio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ziggy1104

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The plan is to read the entire book, then go through and re-read while taking notes and highlighting, etc. Is this how others have done it and, if so, was it efficient and how long did it take?

Members don't see this ad.

Your plan will probably take a good month if you want the material to seep into your brain. To maximize efficiency, I started off with topics that were least familiar to me (taxonomy and behaviour). I also watched Khan videos to supplement certain concepts that I could not grasp. I also found the MC+SA questions at the end of each chapter from Cliffsbio helpful. Good luck!

I'm currently doing the reading too. My strategy is to read one new chapter each day, and re-read the old ones I went though. I think i'll slow down after evolution since some of the later chapters are not the ones i'm familiar with.
I tend to forget everything from the beginning as I read towards the end so I really think rereading the old ones is important. I find myself remember the earlier chapters very well.

Having a friend asking you questions can be helpful too. everyday after I'm done with reading, my buddy randomly picks one page and asks me to explain whatever is on the page. It helps a lot!

Yeah, this is gonna take a while. I have 3 months but would like to be completely done with all if cliffs bio by the last month bc I'm using that month for destroyer and practice tests. That's why I'm searching for anything and everything other ppl used that saved time/was efficient lol especially since I don't hv that much time to study daily ( only a couple hours per day, so really need to use them as efficiently as possible)

You're kind of doing what I'm doing. I took the famous 8 week plan and expanded the first 4 weeks into 8. Basically I light read a chapter of Cliff's AP Bio/KBB one day, do Chad's videos the next. Then on Day 3 I reread the 2 chapters I read on the first day, but this time I read them more in depth and I make an outline on the computer (I think this is key, especially since I'll be taking my exam in May and will most likely forget a few points) of the information. Day 4 is more Chad's videos.

While this is good, it's probably going to take me around 9-10 weeks to get that done, because exams force me to take breaks the day before/ I can't study for 8 weeks straight nonstop. So I'd suggest doing something similar. Read one day, do something else, outline/in-depth the next. It really helps keep all the information in.

After I finish this reading/videos (probably by mid-late March), it's going to be straight Destroyer and practice exams until the DAT. Hopefully I can go through Destroyer at least 3 times and take at least 6 practice exams before the big day!

Reactions: 1 user