This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

briefdelights

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently DPT student, first year. I want to commission or work for the military upon graduation and need experience in military settings before then. My school only has about 3-4 locations that are military related (one of them being Walter Reed, which is very selective so I'm hoping I can get that rotation!). I am looking for suggestions on what other places I can get in contact with and begin to set up a rotation with my school and if I can just call random bases and ask around. I'm in the dark on how to take the first steps. Thanks!
 
Hi,

I am a 1st yr DPT student at UDEL and have been selected to apply for the Walter Reed clinical rotation.
I saw this thread and was wondering if you happened to go there after all, and if so, I want to see if I pm you with some questions about your application/onsite experience. I really want this site also!!
 
Your best bet would be to contact a recruiter for the most accurate info. Though from what I've looked up you'll need to have your degree completed or be within a year of completing (so not so much the location of internships you do). Once your schooling is all done you apply for a direct officer commission in whatever branch you're deciding. This all depends on need/positions open.