CNA vs MA vs Scribing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted1013355

x

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
All are great clinical experiences (better than a receptionist) so it really depends on what you want. More patient interaction or physician interaction.

I would personally go for MA and then just shadow a bunch during the 3 month training period. You get paid the most, will have the most hands-on experience, and shadow on the side.

Reactions: 1 users
My experience as an MA has been great. Out of the 3, you'll make the most money as an MA and have the most direct patient interaction.

In my hospital system, they hired me first and then paid for my certification after 6 mo's. Currently making around $23/hr as an MA

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My experience as an MA has been great. Out of the 3, you'll make the most money as an MA and have the most direct patient interaction.

In my hospital system, they hired me first and then paid for my certification after 6 mo's. Currently making around $23/hr as an MA
do you think i should go through the 3 month MA school before applying for MA jobs or do 10-day phleb training and apply for MA?

do you think i should go through the 3 month MA school before applying for MA jobs or do 10-day phleb training and apply for MA?
You would have to do more research and see what your state requires. In Texas, you don't need a certification to work as an MA (private practice). However, if you want to work within a larger hospital system, they usually have the resources to pay for your certification class and any subsequent training.

In my case, I was hired as an MA (no certification), but by the end of 6 mo's had gotten my CMA, BLS, and phleb certifications. Just see what your state requires and go from there.

Reactions: 1 user
You would have to do more research and see what your state requires. In Texas, you don't need a certification to work as an MA (private practice). However, if you want to work within a larger hospital system, they usually have the resources to pay for your certification class and any subsequent training.

In my case, I was hired as an MA (no certification), but by the end of 6 mo's had gotten my CMA, BLS, and phleb certifications. Just see what your state requires and go from there.
100% try to apply w/o your CCMA. I say this because a ton of places PAY for your certification after you're hired. Don't pay for the cert if you can have it paid for.

I'd say like 70% of incoming MAs at my old CHC were not certified. People are strapped for staff rn, you don't need the CCMA to be competitive for an MA job.

Reactions: 1 users

Im getting played for $15/hr…

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.