Columbia's Waitlist Ranked?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kafka79

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think I remember reading something on SDN about Columbia establishing a ranking for the waitlist, but I can't seem to find this info now. Does anyone know how the Columbia waitlist is structured. Is it ranked or in tiers? When is this ranking established? Will the school tell me my ranking if I ask? (Sorry if this post shows up twice. The first time I tried, it didn't show up on the board.)

Members don't see this ad.

I don't believe the Columbia wait list is ranked or divided into tiers. I know that even if it is, they don't release the information to students. I think at best, you can hope for is note from Dr. Frantz in reply to correspondence with Columbia. Good luck!

Ranked or unranked, Frantz unltimately pulls who he likes and who shows enthusiasm for the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
For you guys waiting for Columbia..

I interviewed late (after they sent off their acceptance letters) Feb 21st).. I got acceptance letter today. It is up to Dr. Frantz.. THERE IS NO RANKING.. Dr. Frantz does, however, ask the permission of the admission committee before making a decision. He just presents the candidates to the committee..

Anyway, don't worry guys.. I am not even going to Columbia. And I know a lot of people who are waiting to withdraw just before May 15th.. so don't worry, if u r waitlisted, you have a good chance of getting in.

-so long