COMLEX LEVEL 3 2019- 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mikemedman19

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
A thread for the last COMLEX. That is all.

Post scores, talk strategy, vent, find it all in the thread.

Members don't see this ad.

Just to start off; took comlex level 3 last week (both parts). Just used COMBANK and thats about it. Lets hope I pass and can move on for ever!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Honestly stressing out a lot about this. 58% doing all the COMQUEST questions. Felt like I had a good grasp on 60% of the questions on exam day and felt like I bombed 70% of the CDM cases. Have a bad history with COMLEX (failed Level 1 by 3 points), and just realized I have an interview scheduled on the day of release (11/19). I know the passing threshold is low but the what-if situation is still killing me. 6 weeks to go.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly stressing out a lot about this. 58% doing all the COMQUEST questions. Felt like I had a good grasp on 60% of the questions on exam day and felt like I bombed 70% of the CDM cases. Have a bad history with COMLEX (failed Level 1 by 3 points), and just realized I have an interview scheduled on the day of release (11/19). I know the passing threshold is low but the what-if situation is still killing me. 6 weeks to go.
I am in a very similiar situation. Failed level 2 by 5 points. Did really well on the retake but had a month off to study. For the level 3 all I did was Comquest and didnt even finish it. I was consistently around the 62% avg. Thats not stellar but hoping good enough to pass.

Should get my results oct 15th -17th. Hope I passed!
Same friend. Best of luck with scores this week! Let us know what you used/ scores!! I had a hard time figuring out what to use my intern year (just went with Combank only, and the level 3 nbome practice exam (65$ or something like that).

Did you feel like COMBANK was decent enough for level 3?

yeah it felt decent enough. I didn’t care enough to rail through uworld as an intern. Real comlex felt similar minus some random bull crap level 1 specific stuff that you’ll just guess on like me haha; hopefully I pass!

Got about 77-78% on all of combank and did well on phase 3 practice exam... take my advice with a grain of salt as I did 700+ on level 1 and 2, my brain must vibe with the nbome? Anyways combank seemed adequate

Well got my results in today and didn't pass as I feared. Got a 345. Back to studying for me. Will have to figure out a routine and new resources to use. Last time I used comquest got through half of it with a 62% average.

Honestly, I most likely didnt do well because I wasn't able to prepare for this exam well. Next time ill pass. Postponing my retake till May of 2020.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Well got my results in today and didn't pass as I feared. Got a 345. Back to studying for me. Will have to figure out a routine and new resources to use. Last time I used comquest got through half of it with a 62% average.

Honestly, I most likely didnt do well because I wasn't able to prepare for this exam well. Next time ill pass. Postponing my retake till May of 2020.

As someone who is an extremely poor test taker. I just got my score (557) and I passed even though I was extremely scared. Here is what I did:

1. Use COMBANK and just go through it. It was useful for those ethics and basic OMM
2. Use Comquest for the CDM cases and also for more questions.
3. I also used uworld although I agree it is over kill but just helps when you are done with all the banks.
4. Savarese . Run through it carefully as you normally do

Breathe. You most likely messed up on MQs as the CDM i do not think carry as much weight.
PM me if you have any more specific questions

Passed. Level 1 515, Level 2 585, Level 3 604. I got through about 30% of Combank. Otherwise I felt like clinical experience helped a lot.... PM if you have any questions.

Just took it and am thinking of all the MCQs I missed which were easy points. I’ve never failed a comlex before (honestly have always studied for step and did well on comlex). I only used Uworld (avg 55) and combank for the cDM cases (avg 50). I’m at a program where I feel like it wouldn’t be acceptable to fail and am actually terrified.

Members don't see this ad :)

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear about that. This just gave me a lot of anxiety. =/

Would you guys say that you need to use UW and something like COMBANK for this? I am a 4th year and am going to be thinking about this after the match and am just curious.
Thanks

Would you guys say that you need to use UW and something like COMBANK for this? I am a 4th year and am going to be thinking about this after the match and am just curious.
Thanks
Nah. didn’t use UW for this one.

Used COMBANK only and finished it along with re-doing most incorrect questions.

Content between the two felt pretty similar minus OMM...though admittedly I want to pass partly so I never have to study OMM again so that may guide you as to how much I care about that.

CDM on COMBANK felt pretty close as far as question design goes but not content.

Scores come out early next week pretty nervous, but I'm anxious at baseline so there's that as well.

Anyone else waiting on scores to be released between now and thursday. I always Hated this waiting game.

Passed!

Did combank half assed about 85% of it, crammed hard for a week and the rest spread out over a month. Thank god it’s over

PASSED.

I studied lightly over a 2 week period, got through about 600 Combank questions with 80% correct on them. I refused to go through Savarese again so I just went for it -- and of course, I had a **** ton of OMM lol.

So glad I never have to take another COMLEX again :horns:

I just finished COMLEX LEVEL III. Honestly feel like I failed. I got destroyed by the CDM cases, the multiple-choice was challenging but not as bad once I think back to it. I don't even know what to think right now. I am so scared I failed.

I haven't failed a COMLEX yet
Level 1: 597
Level 2: 604
PE: Pass
USMLE I: Low 230's
USMLE II: High 230's

I finished COMQUEST and 60% of Combank before the exam.

I am a preliminary resident for an advanced program next year. If I fail will I not be able to start my advanced program? What happens if you fail? I just need reassurance? I don't even know what to say right now. I'm extremely disheartened

I just finished COMLEX LEVEL III. Honestly feel like I failed. I got destroyed by the CDM cases, the multiple-choice was challenging but not as bad once I think back to it. I don't even know what to think right now. I am so scared I failed.

I haven't failed a COMLEX yet
Level 1: 597
Level 2: 604
PE: Pass
USMLE I: Low 230's
USMLE II: High 230's

I finished COMQUEST and 60% of Combank before the exam.

I am a preliminary resident for an advanced program next year. If I fail will I not be able to start my advanced program? What happens if you fail? I just need reassurance? I don't even know what to say right now. I'm extremely disheartened

You're fine go drink some booze and move on with life.

Totally forgot I even wrote level 3, but passed! Felt like I failed the CDM cases because I missed an answer on every question... Honestly thought I did ~avg on the mc's too. But I'm an IM resident, so I guess the odds were always in my favour. Gl to everyone else that has yet to take it!
Step 1: 250-255. Step 2: 250-255.
Level 1: 700-720. Level 2: 750-800. Level 3: 800-850

Took it a few months ago. Did 600 UW questions and then skimmed the FA USMLE step 3 clinical cases in the back of the book which was huge; I feel like I killed the CDM stuff. Step 2 I only got through 3/4 of and ended up with a 450 or something terrible; this time I finished with plenty of time with just under a 600, which isn't great but is totally fine. Get the viscerosematic and sensitivity/ specificity and other stats formulas down pat to put on your scrap sheet and you are golden. If you are freaking out about this test don't worry, you're going to be fine.

I took it Feb 25 and 26, first two days of most recent cycle. Much harder than I anticipated.