This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDentist97

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you:)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You could probably trim down 5 or 6 schools tbh. 15 is a lot for your stats. Idk which, as I’m not familiar with many of these schools. I do know that UCONN and Stony are not OOS friendly, so those might be two to cut off unless you really want to apply there. Also NYU has a huge class and is fairly expensive, so maybe take that one off too? Just suggestions, if you wanna apply there then do so

Reactions: 1 user
You could probably trim down 5 or 6 schools tbh. 15 is a lot for your stats. Idk which, as I’m not familiar with many of these schools. I do know that UCONN and Stony are not OOS friendly, so those might be two to cut off unless you really want to apply there. Also NYU has a huge class and is fairly expensive, so maybe take that one off too? Just suggestions, if you wanna apply there then do so

You're right! UCONN is OOS friendly if you're from New England, but I'm not! And yeah, NYU is expensive... Thank you for your advice! I appreciate it! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone!

Could you please provide feedback on the list of schools that I will be applying to in June? Thank you:)

My info:
Major: Chemistry
Cumulative GPA: 3.95
State: Virginia
DAT: 20AA and 21TS
Bio: 20
Gen Chem: 23
OChem: 21
CR: 19
QR: 18
PAT: 18
Extracurriculars: Shadowing a General Dentist, Dental mission trips abroad, work experience, volunteer, and teaching

List of schools:
VCU (my state school)
Maryland (nearby)
UCLA (aiming high, I know)
UCSF (still aiming high - worth taking a risk)
Western (west coast!)
University of Connecticut
Lake Erie
Rutgers
NYU
Stony Brook
Touro
Buffalo
Case Western
Temple
Marquette

What do you guys think?? Any feedback or suggestions?? Thank you!!! :)
Awesome stats! With your scores, I feel you could save the money and narrow your choices down to 5 or 6 schools. Whats your top choice, UCLA?

Hello everyone!

Could you please provide feedback on the list of schools that I will be applying to in June? Thank you:)

My info:
Major: Chemistry
Cumulative GPA: 3.95
State: Virginia
DAT: 20AA and 21TS
Bio: 20
Gen Chem: 23
OChem: 21
CR: 19
QR: 18
PAT: 18
Extracurriculars: Shadowing a General Dentist, Dental mission trips abroad, work experience, volunteer, and teaching

List of schools:
VCU (my state school)
Maryland (nearby)
UCLA (aiming high, I know)
UCSF (still aiming high - worth taking a risk)
Western (west coast!)
University of Connecticut
Lake Erie
Rutgers
NYU
Stony Brook
Touro
Buffalo
Case Western
Temple
Marquette

What do you guys think?? Any feedback or suggestions?? Thank you!!! :)

I'd keep UConn for the same reason you've kept Buffalo, Maryland, and Rutgers on your list: in-state tuition after year 1.

You've got the GPA, take the shot. If it doesn't happen, oh well - at least you tried.

UConn is an amazing program. I would def. apply there.

Reactions: 1 users
I'd keep UConn for the same reason you've kept Buffalo, Maryland, and Rutgers on your list: in-state tuition after year 1.

You've got the GPA, take the shot. If it doesn't happen, oh well - at least you tried.

UConn is an amazing program. I would def. apply there.
Thank you for your advice! I appreciate it. Do you go to UCONN? What makes you consider it amazing? :)

Thank you for your advice! I appreciate it. Do you go to UCONN? What makes you consider it amazing? :)
Not to answer @Incis0r's question for him, but theres many things amazing with UCONN. First of all, its extremely cheap (this is a good thing). On top of this, the P/F takes a little stress off your shoulders. They also have a medical integrated curriculum, where you spend your didactic years taking classes with med students. If you're interested in OMFS, then this is amazing for taking the boards, because the info on the OMFS boards are very similar to the science that med schools teach in order to prep for STEP (medical boards). Since your first two years are (basically) med school, then this is great! If you are dead set on GPR, then this may be a con. The class size is also quite small, so I imagine you get to know your classmates quite well (this could be a good or bad thing depending on your class). Additionally, the specialization rate is great. Really, its a great school all around from what I hear! Only thing is they're lacking a power 5 football team to cheer for on the weekends.

What makes you consider it amazing? :)

@AN4TOMY hit the high points well; solid program, I like the faculty, good facilities (they're constructing new clinics, etc.); high specialization rates; cost is unbeatable

Thank you for your feedback! :) Well, UCLA tends to accept higher DAT scores, just like UCSF, so I consider them a bit out of reach but still worth trying. I'm also interested in Western. California dreaming! ;) lol

Definitely still apply then! I actually live in San Francisco currently. I know UCSF has accepted people with less than top tier stats who had demonstrated strengths in other aspects of their application such as an interest/experience in serving underserved communities. Best of luck!

Not to answer @Incis0r's question for him, but theres many things amazing with UCONN. First of all, its extremely cheap (this is a good thing). On top of this, the P/F takes a little stress off your shoulders. They also have a medical integrated curriculum, where you spend your didactic years taking classes with med students. If you're interested in OMFS, then this is amazing for taking the boards, because the info on the OMFS boards are very similar to the science that med schools teach in order to prep for STEP (medical boards). Since your first two years are (basically) med school, then this is great! If you are dead set on GPR, then this may be a con. The class size is also quite small, so I imagine you get to know your classmates quite well (this could be a good or bad thing depending on your class). Additionally, the specialization rate is great. Really, its a great school all around from what I hear! Only thing is they're lacking a power 5 football team to cheer for on the weekends.
Wow, thank you so much for all the information! I'm definitely going to give it a chance! Thanks :D

Definitely still apply then! I actually live in San Francisco currently. I know UCSF has accepted people with less than top tier stats who had demonstrated strengths in other aspects of their application such as an interest/experience in serving underserved communities. Best of luck!
Thank you for sharing :) I wish you the best of luck as well!!! :D Are you also applying this cycle?

Last edited:
Looks very good. I know that UCLA loves applicants who go on dental mission trips abroad so there’s that lol.