Comparing CSU Schools (for the student and the spouse)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TBD PT

Reaction score
My wife will be applying to PT schools this summer/fall for next summer/fall. We currently live in the SF Bay Area and have for some time (~12 years) but we're open to (if not in favor of) relocating for school, though we'd prefer to stay in California to keep tuition costs reasonable. Thus she's primarily focused her search on Northridge, Long Beach, Sacramento, and Fresno. The joint SF State/UCSF program is also a contender, though that would mean staying in San Francisco with its requisite cost of living. Finally, she's had several professors recommend Chapman, but given everything we've read in the SDN forums, it's hard to fathom spending $50k+ more than the CSU programs for a similar education, if we don't have to. So my curiosity is two-fold:

1) For her: How do current students and recent graduates value their experiences at the CSU programs? What are the meaningful differences between them?

2) For me: How do current students and their spouses/partners value the quality of life in Northridge, Long Beach, Sacramento, and Fresno?

Members don't see this ad.