Confused with DAT score.. where did I go wrong?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

craftytooth99

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
how long did you prepare for?

did you supplement feralis notes with any other source for studying? i.e. cliffs?

what were your averages on BC?

also, how did you feel on GC?

did you rush through your exam? maybe you knew the concepts/question on exam well, but made many careless errors.

I think your biggest mistake was taking exam I w/o preparing for bio/Qr. also while reviewing for bio/qr for your second attempt, you may have forgotten some of GC/OC.

Last edited:
If you studied for 4 months and did destroyer and bootcamp multiple time it's hard to believe you received those scores. Another user posted they took this morning and they studied for 3 months and did bad too, so maybe something was wrong with the test itself? I don't know but if you put that much effort in it's hard to believe that was the outcome.

Here's his thread Low DAT scores...retake and apply for this cycle?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think the issue lies in the practice test environment. Like veni mentioned, it's unlikely for you to get an 18 if you were consistently getting 20+ scores on bootcamp. During your studying, you should try to replicate the test environment as much as you can (laminated sheets of paper, expo markers, taking gen chem, o chem, and bio back to back, etc.).

As far as applying to dental school goes, you definitely can apply. The average DAT score for accepted students into dental school is roughly 20. If you really believe you can't improve your score with a retake, apply this cycle and apply broadly.