Oct 10, 2010
Status
Pre-Veterinary
EEEEk! I missed a phone call today at 4:45pm from Cornell Vet School and just got a message saying he'll try again tomorrow!

About the Ads

PendantWorld

Cornell CVM c/o 2015
Dec 1, 2010
New York
Status
Veterinary Student
I'm pretty sure that if they call it means you're accepted. It would be pretty cruel otherwise!

Oct 10, 2010
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Got the call-back this morning after missing the call yesterday and I got accepted :D So excited! Like mentioned previously, he said he was trying to call those who were accepted before the letters are out on Thursday. Good luck everyone

phaedraeos

Penn c/o 2015!
Jun 7, 2010
philly
Status
Veterinary Student
Yeep, I haven't been able to sleep for the past 2 nights. I went to Cornell as an undergrad but now I'm an OOS applicant, having worked in Mass for the past 4 years.

CONGRATULATIONS to those accepted! You earned it!

PendantWorld

Cornell CVM c/o 2015
Dec 1, 2010
New York
Status
Veterinary Student
Got the call-back this morning after missing the call yesterday and I got accepted :D So excited! Like mentioned previously, he said he was trying to call those who were accepted before the letters are out on Thursday. Good luck everyone
Congrats!!! I'm so excited for you!!!

I'm still in a state of shock from my phone call. Its a bummer I have to wait to get my letter till Thursday - I'm starting to feel I imagined the call, and I don't have anything in writing to confirm that its real... :nod:

chyactnate

SGU SVM c/o 2015!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2007
Status
Veterinary Student
Congrats to who got accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Alisa

UPenn c/o 2015!
Nov 30, 2010
State College
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Does anyone know if there is an order to the acceptance phone calls? Alphabetically of last name or just at random?

About the Ads

rosyreef

Cornell CVM c/o 2015
5+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2010
Status
After washing my phone in the laundry yesterday and driving 7 hours back to Ohio today.. found out when I got back that I had two missed phone calls from Cornell! Had to get the good news via e-mail.. but SUCH GREAT NEWS!!
:banana:

bonaparte

UC Davis c/o 2015
Mar 30, 2010
Davis
Status
Veterinary Student
I missed a call from Cornell today — ACK! Does this mean good news, or do they call you if you are rejected as well?

farmgirl12

ISU CVM c/o 2015 !!!
Nov 19, 2010
Upstate NY
Status
Veterinary Student
Congrats to everyone whose been accepted so far! That's awesome!!!! I'm curious if it's alphabetical too...IthacaIsGorges is your last name at the beginning of the alphabet as well? Just curious if they're accepting applicants with the highest gpas, experience hours, etc first and then getting to the more average applicants (like me ;)). I'm hoping it's the later. I know someone else who was accepted today who definitely has a decent gpa and her last name is in the middle of the alphabet.

Evie1923

OSU-CVM c/o 2015!!!
Jul 31, 2010
Columbus, OH
Status
Veterinary Student
After washing my phone in the laundry yesterday and driving 7 hours back to Ohio today.. found out when I got back that I had two missed phone calls from Cornell! Had to get the good news via e-mail.. but SUCH GREAT NEWS!!
:banana:
Congrats!!!! :clap:

Will you be choosing your IS over OSU? :(

Aug 31, 2010
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Congrats IisG, Rosy and Emersondust!!! :highfive:

I got a call today too!! :soexcited: I was actually in the middle of taking out recycling when I heard my phone ring and jumped so quickly for my pocket that I dropped everything halfway up the stairs...milk jugs and cans and glass bottles crashing and scattering everywhere. I saw it was a 607 number, and in my most poised voice admist the glass shards, answered it. :laugh: I'm very excited to come visit in February!

:xf::xf: For everyone still waiting! It's definitely not over yet!!

(I'm in the middle of the alphabet and got a call around 4:30 EST today)

About the Ads
Aug 31, 2010
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Congrats to everyone whose been accepted so far! That's awesome!!!! I'm curious if it's alphabetical too...IthacaIsGorges is your last name at the beginning of the alphabet as well? Just curious if they're accepting applicants with the highest gpas, experience hours, etc first and then getting to the more average applicants (like me ;)). I'm hoping it's the later. I know someone else who was accepted today who definitely has a decent gpa and her last name is in the middle of the alphabet.
From what the Dean of Admissions implied, they had made all of their decisions, they were in the 'contacting everyone' stage and he was trying to personally call as many admitted applicants as he could. It sounds like everyone will get letters (? not sure if that means snail mail or email) by the end of the week.

bonaparte

UC Davis c/o 2015
Mar 30, 2010
Davis
Status
Veterinary Student
From what the Dean of Admissions implied, they had made all of their decisions, they were in the 'contacting everyone' stage and he was trying to personally call as many admitted applicants as he could. It sounds like everyone will get letters (? not sure if that means snail mail or email) by the end of the week.
No one responded to my previous question before and I'm still freaking out a bit — do they only call accepted students? (I'm so mad at myself for missing the phone call!!)
:scared:

turnbackhelly

Cornell CVM c/o 2014
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2009
NY
Status
Veterinary Student
No one responded to my previous question before and I'm still freaking out a bit — do they only call accepted students? (I'm so mad at myself for missing the phone call!!)
although i don't know for sure, i believe that only accepted students get phone calls (last year no one got phone calls, but i know in years previous to that they did them). i really can't imagine cornell calling people to tell them they've been rejected - just not their style. :)

congrats everyone!! if you have any questions PM me or ask here!

Aug 31, 2010
Status
Pre-Veterinary

I, too, don't know for sure, but I'd be really surprised if Cornell - or any other school - were doing rejections over the phone. Can you imagine being the faculty member who got that job?? It'd be like breaking up over the phone with several hundred people in a few days!

I'm betting you get good news tomorrow Bonaparte!! :luck::xf:

Jan 4, 2011
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Hey everyone, I'm new (found this forum just today, although I have read it in past). I started reading it because I am stressing about hearing from schools and needed to know what other applicants are hearing!

My question is this - clearly other people have heard from Cornell, getting calls on Mon and today, as well. I haven't heard anything yet. But my name is beginning of alphabet. Do you think they got through everyone by today? Or at least through the beginning of the alphabet? I'm totally stressed - Cornell is my IS school, and it is my absolute dream to go there. Not gonna lie... I was really hoping to get in! Who out there is still waiting to hear? Let's hope we still might hear tomorrow!

I'm glad I found this place - I don't know many other prevets, so I'm looking forward to posting more on here and getting to know you all.

Congrats to you all who did hear!

Oct 10, 2010
Status
Pre-Veterinary
I believe they are only calling acceptances. My name is towards the beginning of the alphabet but I know of someone in the middle of the alphabet that got called yesterday (monday).

bonaparte

UC Davis c/o 2015
Mar 30, 2010
Davis
Status
Veterinary Student
I, too, don't know for sure, but I'd be really surprised if Cornell - or any other school - were doing rejections over the phone. Can you imagine being the faculty member who got that job?? It'd be like breaking up over the phone with several hundred people in a few days!

I'm betting you get good news tomorrow Bonaparte!! :luck::xf:

I got another call later that day (I thought it would be too late, but I guess not) — I CANT BELIEVE I GOT IN!! :love:

Never thought a Cali girl like myself would get in, teehee!

rosyreef

Cornell CVM c/o 2015
5+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2010
Status
I only got an e-mail because I e-mailed him myself with info about my phone being out of service after getting two voicemails from him. My last name starts with L, but I have no idea if they're going in alphabetical order. I did hear that e-mails for both those accepted will be out by the end of the week (like Pendant said). My roommate assured me they won't call to inform of a rejection..

Evie - ahh! I'm not sure! I love OSU but I also love Cornell and my family is there..

About the Ads

Bigcatlover

Iowa State class of 2015!
Jul 27, 2010
Status
Veterinary Student
Does anyone know if they are contacting OOS applicants this week too?

I just noticed a few of the those accepted are OOS, congrats!!

I wonder if everyone will find out this week is what I'm wondering I guess

Aug 31, 2010
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Yep, also out of state - Colorado! Guess Cornell doesn't have an east coast bias :D

bonaparte

UC Davis c/o 2015
Mar 30, 2010
Davis
Status
Veterinary Student
Yep, also out of state - Colorado! Guess Cornell doesn't have an east coast bias :D
Haha, cool! I got rejected by your IS, pahaha!

I'm trying to find the stats for C/O 2014... I can't seem to find it on the Cornell site... could someone help me out? Haha.

turnbackhelly

Cornell CVM c/o 2014
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2009
NY
Status
Veterinary Student
I'm trying to find the stats for C/O 2014... I can't seem to find it on the Cornell site... could someone help me out? Haha.
I know this sounds crazy but I'm honestly not sure this exists. At least if it does, the c/o 2014 has yet to see it. I even looked on the internal website and didn't find anything.

Jul 21, 2010
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Another OOSer, got the acceptance call today (and my name is at the beginning of the alphabet). Congrats to everyone accepted already, and to others, don't worry, they're still making calls

bonaparte

UC Davis c/o 2015
Mar 30, 2010
Davis
Status
Veterinary Student
Another OOSer, got the acceptance call today (and my name is at the beginning of the alphabet). Congrats to everyone accepted already, and to others, don't worry, they're still making calls
Where are you from?

Also, do the people who got accepted into Cornell think that that will be attending this university? I think I'd really like to... but tuition is very expensive, especially for out of staters!

Aug 31, 2010
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Where are you from?

Also, do the people who got accepted into Cornell think that that will be attending this university? I think I'd really like to... but tuition is very expensive, especially for out of staters!

YAY CuriousRACC!! Congrats!:thumbup::D:D

And, to answer your question Bonaparte - I may end up out of state (Cornell or elsewhere) due to the infamous 'two body' problem. Not only would my finance and I like to continue living together (which also reduces living costs, needing only one apartment, one car, etc.), but he is looking for a postdoc right now himself. And my IS (which I would LOVE vet school wise) happens to be at a university with very little in his field, while Cornell is one of the top universities in the world for his discipline. The difference in salary between a good postdoc and a mediocre postdoc or an adjunct professor type position in his field can easily make up the difference between in state and out of state tution, not to mention long term job prospects. IF he gets a good postdoc. There's sooo many variables in this decision it's driving me crazy!!

Shadow23

Cornell CVM C/O 2015!!!
Dec 19, 2010
Boston, MA
Status
Pre-Veterinary
YAY CuriousRACC!! Congrats!:thumbup::D:D

And, to answer your question Bonaparte - I may end up out of state (Cornell or elsewhere) due to the infamous 'two body' problem. Not only would my finance and I like to continue living together (which also reduces living costs, needing only one apartment, one car, etc.), but he is looking for a postdoc right now himself. And my IS (which I would LOVE vet school wise) happens to be at a university with very little in his field, while Cornell is one of the top universities in the world for his discipline. The difference in salary between a good postdoc and a mediocre postdoc or an adjunct professor type position in his field can easily make up the difference between in state and out of state tution, not to mention long term job prospects. IF he gets a good postdoc. There's sooo many variables in this decision it's driving me crazy!!

My decision will have to take into account my fiance as well for similar reasons. I told him to start applying to jobs in two states and I will choose whatever state he got the job in :laugh:

In other and very happy news, I also got a call from Cornell today! I am OOS from New Jersey originally but currently live in Boston. I feel so honored to have more than one school to choose from.

May 12, 2009
Status
Veterinary Student
Well I didn't get a call but I do have a spot on the tracking page saying my decision letter is online but I need a PIN to access it... Where do I get this PIN???

Bigcatlover

Iowa State class of 2015!
Jul 27, 2010
Status
Veterinary Student
Well I didn't get a call but I do have a spot on the tracking page saying my decision letter is online but I need a PIN to access it... Where do I get this PIN???

They should have sent you an email on Thursday with the PIN...

May 12, 2009
Status
Veterinary Student
They should have sent you an email on Thursday with the PIN...
hmph. I sent them a notice about my change of email but I guess they didnt get it.

Oh well, I'm sure I didn't get accepted outright since I didn't get a call, but MAYBE I made waitlist???

About the Ads