Cornell c/o 2016 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I got the return call, and I'm in! I also received a follow-up email from the Dean saying that we should expect a formal email acceptance later this week, "probably Thursday," so maybe that's when all the decisions will be sent out. Good luck to everyone waiting, congats to elizabeth22. I hope to see you all in the fall!

AH! SOO awesome congrats!!! I feel so excited for y'all that it feels like *I* got in! :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats bksambo! Soooo exciting! Hope to see you there soon, too!

Congrats to all who've received good news thus far! Seems like OOS students haven't heard yet?

/OOS student

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all who've received good news thus far! Seems like OOS students haven't heard yet?

/OOS student

Looks like just IS students so far.
C'mon, Bismarck. We all know you're gonna get in :)

@ Nordicat: I hope so. Tough to distract myself from thinking about the process when I have nothing to do until the end of the week.

how many people do they even accept? I've been looking for the stats for last years but seems like i can't even find the data on class size...

how many people do they even accept? I've been looking for the stats for last years but seems like i can't even find the data on class size...

According to the VMSAR, about 85 people :/ Last year it was 55 IS, 0 contract, and 30 OOS. Small class size...

The Class of 2015 started as 102 students, though I think we're at 99 right now. There was talk of increasing the class size for this year.

The Class of 2015 started as 102 students, though I think we're at 99 right now. There was talk of increasing the class size for this year.

I like your numbers better :)

Congrats everyone!!! It's exciting to finally be hearing back from one of the schools after waiting so long through break. :) I'm keeping my phone on and with me at all times. I highly doubt I'll get in, but I would rather apply and get rejected than regret not having tried at all. :D

Just got an email ( as DVM/PhD applicant) that I will be expecting a phone call between 1-2pm eastern time. Don't know what to expect as Penn already told me they weren't giving me further consideration for their combined program last month and I can't imagine Cornell's is any less competitive.

Check back for update?

Just got an email ( as DVM/PhD applicant) that I will be expecting a phone call between 1-2pm eastern time. Don't know what to expect as Penn already told me they weren't giving me further consideration for their combined program last month and I can't imagine Cornell's is any less competitive.

Check back for update?

Bismarck- I just got the same email. I'm literally dying with anticipation.

Hmmm :) Gotta figure they would call with at least some good news. Not putting the champagne on ice so to speak...

Need to find a way to make 15 minutes or more disappear fast.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmmm :) Gotta figure they would call with at least some good news. Not putting the champagne on ice so to speak...

Need to find a way to make 15 minutes or more disappear fast.

Current status- review my application, making sure my phone is not on silent, responding to my dad's texts about have they called yet, checking sdn, and looking at the dual program page on the internet. Repeat until phone call is received.

Did anyone from OOS (DVM applicants) hear back from Cornell yet ????!!

Bismarck- I just got the same email. I'm literally dying with anticipation.

Great, no e-mail over here :( I hope they'll be sending more out...

Did anyone from OOS (DVM applicants) hear back from Cornell yet ????!!

Not me! :confused: But I'm not really expecting anything in the first place. Cornell is my long shot even though its only 45 minutes from me :(. Still a FL resident ... :oops:

Just got off the phone. I have been accepted as an OOS candidate for the class of 2016 and interview in February for the PhD program!

Just got off the phone. I have been accepted as an OOS candidate for the class of 2016 and interview in February for the PhD program!

Hm...both you & Bismarck were going for the PhD program, so maybe that's who they're calling today? :xf:

and CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :D

You are ROCKIN IT !! Congrats... have you heard back from CSU about their combined program?!

Same for me, albeit I got called a little bit sooner:thumbup:

OOS (CT) and one of eight being considered for two seats in the combined program.

Today is a fantastic day.

You are ROCKIN IT !! Congrats... have you heard back from CSU about their combined program?!

I had a phone interview with a faculty member today, but my interviews are all day Friday. Thanks so much!!!!!!

Hi

I'm OOS and MISSED a call earlier but got the voicemail. He said he'd call back again "early this afternoon" so now I'm dyingggggggg. Are there for sure only calling accepted people? i'm so nervous.

I had a phone interview with a faculty member today, but my interviews are all day Friday. Thanks so much!!!!!!

Best of luck to you! Hopefully having a few possibilities will ease your stress a little!

OOS (CT) and one of eight being considered for two seats in the combined program.

Woot woot! :soexcited:

They didn't tell me the one of 8 for 2 spots. I'm so excited and also exponentially more nervous.

Congratulations Bismarck! I assume I'll be seeing you in February.

Hi

I'm OOS and MISSED a call earlier but got the voicemail. He said he'd call back again "early this afternoon" so now I'm dyingggggggg. Are there for sure only calling accepted people? i'm so nervous.

Last year, ONLY accepted people were called. It would be pretty cruel (and time consuming) to call people who weren't accepted.

Hi

DVM/PhD or just DVM program??

Cross-posting from accepted students thread:

@ Moocow (and anyone else getting a call): nobody really has a script for what to say. I just let them talk, noted how excited I was to be hearing from them, and let them steer the conversation where it needed to go. They did make some small talk (i.e. how my holiday was) but to be honest I think they knew as soon as they told me I was accepted that my mind took a brief vacation :)

Congrats to all others that have received calls thus far!

Got a call this morning with my acceptance, OOS. I'm ecstatic! A perfect way to begin the New Year. :)

@Foxhunter: check your email. Letter with info on nuts and bolts of BBS Graduate interview process. Pretty long, but sounds like it will be fun. If I do DVM info session that weekend, I will be in Ithaca for five straight days in early February. Combined with another trip planned for the week before, my professors will probably hate me once they meet me on syllabus day this semester :)

Bismark and Foxhunter, congratulations! No word here, but still hoping!

Hey Bismark, you think your family will finally give you the teary eyed moment you hoped for on Christmas? Congrats! So jealous!

Hey Bismark, you think your family will finally give you the teary eyed moment you hoped for on Christmas? Congrats! So jealous!

It's been a waterfall on and off here here since ~4pm between my parents and relatives. Tears conspicuously absent: mine :p

Bismark and Foxhunter, congratulations! No word here, but still hoping!

I'm rooting for you Bisbee!

Congrats Bismark and everyone else. Wanted to congratulate you in the official acceptance thread, but didn't want to start anything posting there when I'm still waiting to hear from OSU. So CONGRATS!

but didn't want to start anything posting there when I'm still waiting to hear from OSU. So CONGRATS!

:laugh::laugh: Good job squirrels! :D (Although I still can't believe they haven't told you anything yet).

Congratulations, guys!!!! Hopefully tomorrow will be the day for the rest of us....!:xf::xf::xf:

Hooray for more acceptances! I'm so excited that the class is taking shape! Good luck over the next few days for everyone and keep those phones handy! It is torture waiting for the return call.

Hey all! I just got my call yesterday and I'm an IS accepted student. Did the chair ask all of you personalized questions about your application? I was impressed that he knew so much!

I'm super excited! How many of you accepted students are definitely going? Look forward to meeting you all in the fall :)

Congratulations, guys!!!! Hopefully tomorrow will be the day for the rest of us....!:xf::xf::xf:

:xf::xf::xf: For all of you!

As for those already in the pool: :highfive:

Makes me just a little sad I didn't give them one last shot this go 'round. You guys are gonna be a great class!

Thanks Suirrelsrule...I really can't believe Ohio still has you on hold. I am also not posting in other threads (rejection, acceptance or waitlist) until I have something to say. Fingers crossed for all of us!

Hey all! I just got my call yesterday and I'm an IS accepted student. Did the chair ask all of you personalized questions about your application? I was impressed that he knew so much!

I'm super excited! How many of you accepted students are definitely going? Look forward to meeting you all in the fall :)

Yeah, I was really surprised. He knew I had visited the campus before and made several references to my application during our conversation. It was impressive.

I'm 99% sure I'll be at Cornell in the fall, so I'm excited to meet everyone as well!

I've been getting irrationally snappy with anyone calling me this week, even though the most I can even hope for is a waitlist spot or something...
WAHHHHH when/how did I become this crazy?!

& CONGRATS on those acceptances!

I've been getting irrationally snappy with anyone calling me this week, even though the most I can even hope for is a waitlist spot or something...

haha I'm the same way. I answered my boyfriend's phone call yesterday with "How dare you call me before 5pm! Are you CRAZY??!!" :mad: Turns out I'm the crazy one :scared:

@Foxhunter: check your email. Letter with info on nuts and bolts of BBS Graduate interview process. Pretty long, but sounds like it will be fun. If I do DVM info session that weekend, I will be in Ithaca for five straight days in early February. Combined with another trip planned for the week before, my professors will probably hate me once they meet me on syllabus day this semester :)

Got that email. It sounds intense, but fun. I definitely think I'm going to come up for the DVM admission session because I really want to learn more about the whole PBL format. I feel like my professors will similarly hate me, thankfully I'm not taking too many classes (unfortunately they're hard classes- i.e. the last 2 classes for a physics major). Still nothing can make me unhappy about this.

I emailed two of my favorite professors at my UG institution who both did their PhD's at Cornell. Both have told me I have to meet with them before I go and they will tell me everything I need to know about it. One's an adorable old Emeritus professor who explained to me that the Physics department really is prettier than the vet school and he actually has no clue where the vet school even is, but that I really need to know about the peppermint flake ice cream.

I just got THE PHONE CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hooray!!!!!!! my family was going frantic insane!!!can't wait to see you guys next year :)

OMG My boyfriend just called me at noon on the last day I am waiting to hear from Cornell... to say "Hi"... HI?! HI?! You chose TODAY AT NOON, the last day I am waiting to hear from Cornell, as the first time in our entire 4 year relationship to call and say "Hi"... HE is the crazy one lol

I just got THE PHONE CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hooray!!!!!!! my family was going frantic insane!!!can't wait to see you guys next year :)

Congratulations, jackiemew!! :)

I'm starting to worry more that I'll be getting a crummy e-mail tomorrow...:(