Cornell c/o 2018 Applicants!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm OOS. Jennifer Mailey called and said I was the last person on her list.

Well, my heart just sank :-/

Members don't see this ad.

Don't despair, I'm almost positive there are other people making phone calls.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I suppose the rejection emails will begin arriving soon....

AHHHHH I got a call and got in!!!! In state and I'd already been denied 2 other places so I was about to give up hope!!!

Reactions: 8 users
Kinda wish they'd go ahead and send the email of doom. Cornell was a crazy long shot for me, but the optimist in me thought that maybe they needed someone with a low GPA to balance out all the awesome GPA's. :D

Reactions: 4 users
Kinda wish they'd go ahead and send the email of doom. Cornell was a crazy long shot for me, but the optimist in me thought that maybe they needed someone with a low GPA to balance out all the awesome GPA's. :D

I'm in the same boat. I thought I'd go ahead and try, but knew deep down in my heart that I had a small, small chance realistically....

Do you have a garment bag as opposed to a hard case? It's much easier to pack formal clothing this way. All you've got to do is put said clothing on a hanger and fold it. Take it with you carry on and you're good to go. Hard case will be rough. Easy to wrinkle your stuff.
No bag. I'm just using my carry on bag instead of checking luggage. Here's hoping for the best 'cause this interview looks like its my only shot now lol

No bag. I'm just using my carry on bag instead of checking luggage. Here's hoping for the best 'cause this interview looks like its my only shot now lol
Fold suits in tissue paper to prevent wrinkles! Put it between the pants and jacket and around the entire suit. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
No ringing. Oh well! Trying not to care too too much.

Members don't see this ad :)
My phone is constantly ringing, and that's the problem! I wish they would just send my rejection e-mail so I stop having mini heart attacks every time it rings!!

No ringing. Oh well! Trying not to care too too much.
I'm at work with teenagers right now so I can just blend into the general not caring about anything atmosphere here. We're all moping around with our phones and its working perfectly. Boo. :(

I'm trying to study animal nutrition for my exam tomorrow....a bit hard to do when you're staring at the phone, willing it to ring....

Reactions: 1 users
I'm feeling the same, knew it was a long shot since I go to a total no name school but still wanted to try. Just heartburn now from no news. And nowhere else I've applied has notified yet either so doubly ugh.

No call for me either...not super great GPA but really heavy in exp, I was hoping that would bump me up...knew it was a long shot but was clinging onto hope!!! OOS Cali, still hoping maybe since my last name starts with a W I can be last on someone's list still! Haha yeahhhhhhh barely gripping that small sliver of hope! Oh well...still bummed though...

And there's always the waitlist! ;)

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats to everyone who got calls!! Fingers crossed there's still more going out, but here's hoping for a wait list if not.

Last year the rejection emails went out a few days later...

I don't know if the anxiety I'm feeling can handle the waiting :(

Congratulations to all accepted!!!!

I am IS and I just got the call (they called earlier but I missed it) I am so excited! I was rejected from 3 other schools and honestly thought I wouldn't be getting in anywhere this year. I still feel like it is a dream I just can't believe it. I spent 10 minutes running around outside in the snow screaming :soexcited:

Reactions: 6 users
Did the people who got accepted get their e-mails already? Just curious if all the e-mails are sent at once. Honestly I think I'd rather be rejected than wait listed. Then it's not knowing for weeks on end to be possibly rejected…but that's just how I feel about it. :bored:

Last year, someone who was rejected got un-rejected because they went through the entire waitlist. Don't give up hope!

Reactions: 2 users
I emailed Jen asking when the official decisions would be sent out and she replied by saying Monday - don't lose hope yet!

Did anyone who was accepted get their email? I'm international and let Jen know in advance that I can't be reached by phone, so I'm holding out for the hope that they'll only contact me by email!

Third time's a charm for me! (OOS)

Reactions: 8 users
They took all 25 waitlisters last year... Friend of mine is a first year now and she told me the waitlist is very promising. I was rejected last year. If you dont get a phone call, youll get a rejection or waitlist email in the next few days.

Im assuming i'm rejected this year too. No big deal! Keep on keepin' on!

For those of you who got a call today, could you please remind me what they said after you have been accepted for the class of 2018?
I was in too much of a shock that I don't remember anything after I said, oh my, thank you..
I hope at least one of you dealt with your excitement better than I did..

For those of you who got a call today, could you please remind me what they said after you have been accepted for the class of 2018?
I was in too much of a shock that I don't remember anything after I said, oh my, thank you..

I'm definitely in the same boat! I think I went deaf after she said that she had some good/exciting news to share with me. I just remember her saying that we will get an email on Monday with more information about accepted students day, etc. And that they would be sending something via snail mail too.

I know it's crushing not to get a phone call (happened to me last year) but don't give up! The waitlist is very promising as everyone else has said. I know a girl who was OOS and found out in April that she was off the waitlist.

In the middle of the phone call, I admitted that I wasn't registering half of what she was saying :oops: ... she laughed and said that it was okay :laugh: . All I heard was "Congratulations, you've been accepted...WOMP WOMP WOMP Cornell WOMP WOMP... " You are certainly not alone. I'm sure we'll get all of that information in the official email though ;)

Reactions: 2 users
Eeek me too! I think they said there is an accepted student day at the end of January and there would be more info to come via e-mail and snail mail. Glad I'm not the only one who missed everything except the "you're accepted" part

There are several accepted student days. Definitely 1-2 in February and 1-2 in January or March, I think? I didn't hear ANYTHING Jenn Mailey said after the first part, I just said, "Great, thank you!"

Ya I had someone else call me, Jai Sweet, she's the Director of Student Services and Multicultural Affairs according to Cornell's site. I actually missed the call and had to call her back. I'd love to hear their stories of how students react when they hear they've gotten in. I was totally ecstatic!

Ya I had someone else call me, Jai Sweet, she's the Director of Student Services and Multicultural Affairs according to Cornell's site. I actually missed the call and had to call her back. I'd love to hear their stories of how students react when they hear they've gotten in. I was totally ecstatic!
I think I vaguely remember saying that I am literally shaking.. But this could be a false memory... Haha

Did anyone who was accepted get their email? I'm international and let Jen know in advance that I can't be reached by phone, so I'm holding out for the hope that they'll only contact me by email!
Im international too, and I called because I couldn't be reached by phone and she told me they would try to call the out-of-the-country numbers you gave in your supplemental (if you have them as your current address).

That would be funny to hear! I was working 8 to 8 yesterday and they called my dad. THey told him to text me and have them call me back haha. He said I was at the vets and he asked if it was about my admission, but they refused to talk to him lol poor dad!!

I personally didn't know what to say so I kept thanking them (might have a little to do with the fact there were a bunch of barking dogs behind me!)

Congrats to everyone who heard good news yesterday! And for those that didn't - it's true that Cornell went through their entire waitlist last year and even called some people who had been rejected. There's no telling what will happen this year (it all depends on how many accepted students accept) but it isn't over yet.

If anyone has any questions feel free to post them or PM me! My first semester at Cornell has been quite the roller-coaster but I love this school and would be happy to discuss it with you guys :)

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats to everyone who heard good news yesterday! And for those that didn't - it's true that Cornell went through their entire waitlist last year and even called some people who had been rejected. There's no telling what will happen this year (it all depends on how many accepted students accept) but it isn't over yet.

If anyone has any questions feel free to post them or PM me! My first semester at Cornell has been quite the roller-coaster but I love this school and would be happy to discuss it with you guys :)

How does the whole wait list thing go? Do they mention it in an email right away or do people get a rejection letter then later on get a waitlist email after other students decline?
I applied last year and didn't get in and didn't get onto the waitlist or anything. Seeing as I didn't get a call this past week, I'm assuming a rejection maybe coming (I got accepted to UF, so I'll be going to vet school regardless, but just curious).

I am IS and I just got the call (they called earlier but I missed it) I am so excited! I was rejected from 3 other schools and honestly thought I wouldn't be getting in anywhere this year. I still feel like it is a dream I just can't believe it. I spent 10 minutes running around outside in the snow screaming :soexcited:

That was my exact reaction!!! I'm also IS and got accepted! Can't believe this is real....

How does the whole wait list thing go? Do they mention it in an email right away or do people get a rejection letter then later on get a waitlist email after other students decline?
I applied last year and didn't get in and didn't get onto the waitlist or anything. Seeing as I didn't get a call this past week, I'm assuming a rejection maybe coming (I got accepted to UF, so I'll be going to vet school regardless, but just curious).

I would be interested to hear this as well! Also, how many are on the wait list? Are there separate ones for IS and OOS? I honestly don't know how competitive I am at Cornell but I'm clinging to wait list hope until emails go out.

I was accepted but when she called me I was so excited I completely forgot the info she told us over the phone (Jennifer Mailey) Does anyone remember?Did she say anything about upcoming dates or something?