You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Cornell c/o 2028 hopefuls
Started by barkology
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
binkybonky
Full Member
Hello!🙂 First time, OOS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Second time OOS
2nd time app, 1st to Cornell. Definitely struggling with their BROAD essay topics
I struggled with them too! Definitely had to brainstorm for a minute lol
eleanor713
Full Member
2nd time OOS but first time to Cornell
First time IS!
Hi everyone who's applying to Cornell! I have a question about their policy for AP credit:
My question is I got a 5 and my institution has a minimum requirement of 4 for granting credits for Physics. Do I still have to send my AP score to Cornell? The thing is I took it over four years ago and now it is archived and can only be requested through mail, which is just amazing.
Thank you so much in advance for answering my question.
My question is I got a 5 and my institution has a minimum requirement of 4 for granting credits for Physics. Do I still have to send my AP score to Cornell? The thing is I took it over four years ago and now it is archived and can only be requested through mail, which is just amazing.
Thank you so much in advance for answering my question.
I would contact admissions and get their advice just to be safe 🙂Hi everyone who's applying to Cornell! I have a question about their policy for AP credit:
My question is I got a 5 and my institution has a minimum requirement of 4 for granting credits for Physics. Do I still have to send my AP score to Cornell? The thing is I took it over four years ago and now it is archived and can only be requested through mail, which is just amazing.
Thank you so much in advance for answering my question.
View attachment 376300
Just did and got the answer I needed! Thank you^^I would contact admissions and get their advice just to be safe 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First-time applicant OOS
eleanor713
Full Member
Does Cornell use their applicant tracking page much?
So far I haven't noticed any changes to mine, but this is my first cycle applying here so I'm not sure if this changes after the deadline.Does Cornell use their applicant tracking page much?
Edit: I looked in the forum from last year and this same question was asked. Someone answered
"not regarding admission. you typically don’t hear from Cornell until the first week of January and that’s really just acceptance/decline"
It looks like last year applicants heard about acceptance/decline in the first week of January
vetstudent112
New Member
where did you apply first time around?Second time OOS
First time IS!
Katie Helliwell
Full Member
2nd time OOS. Good luck everyone! 🤞
This is sort of a nitpicky, but is anyone aware if the question asking if you're a re-applicant is in reference to applying to Cornell specifically? Or is it just a VMCAS re-applicant. I'm pretty sure it's in reference to Cornell, but it's driving me wild trying to figure it out
I would assume that if it is within the Cornell application on VMCAS that they would be asking specifically about cornell and not in general. I am a 2nd time app in general but 1st to Cornell and answered no. Hopefully this helps 🙂This is sort of a nitpicky, but is anyone aware if the question asking if you're a re-applicant is in reference to applying to Cornell specifically? Or is it just a VMCAS re-applicant. I'm pretty sure it's in reference to Cornell, but it's driving me wild trying to figure it out
Yes, thank you!!I would assume that if it is within the Cornell application on VMCAS that they would be asking specifically about cornell and not in general. I am a 2nd time app in general but 1st to Cornell and answered no. Hopefully this helps 🙂
benzene_gurl14
Full Member
First time OOS!
Marlee Day
Full Member
First time OOS!
Hi everyone! I'm a member of the Cornell Vet Class of 2025. I'm also one of the RED Scholars, a Peer Mentor, and Senior SAMVA delegate for Cornell in case anyone has specific questions about those.
Feel free to reach out to me with any questions!!
Best of luck with your applications and I hope to see you join the class of 2028 🙂
I won't see messages here, so email me at [email protected]
Feel free to reach out to me with any questions!!
Best of luck with your applications and I hope to see you join the class of 2028 🙂
I won't see messages here, so email me at [email protected]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Seems like in previous years most acceptance went out on Jan 3rd with some on Jan 4th. So I think we can assume we will hear back by the first week of January.
Being on a school and work break isn't helping at all.
Cornell is the major one I'm waiting for since it's my IS. Hopefully since I managed to get an OOS interview elsewhere it means that my application is decently competitive?
It doesn't help that Cornell is so secretive with the admission statistics. It also doesn't help that I looked over my essays to start prepping for interviews and found several mistakes. ooof.
Being on a school and work break isn't helping at all.
Cornell is the major one I'm waiting for since it's my IS. Hopefully since I managed to get an OOS interview elsewhere it means that my application is decently competitive?
It doesn't help that Cornell is so secretive with the admission statistics. It also doesn't help that I looked over my essays to start prepping for interviews and found several mistakes. ooof.
Happy Holidays!
Just got an email that they are sending out admissions decisions via email in mid-January. Do they always say this or is this how/when they are sending out decisions from now on?
- Admissions Decisions- Admissions Decisions will go out via email mid-January. You will be sent to your Cornell Tracking Page. Make sure you have the email address you started your Tracking Page with and the password.
Last two years we received a similar email but it said “first or second week of January” both times. Then decisions were first few days after the new year (Jan 5th in 2022 and Jan 4th this year) although accepted students received a call a day earlier or same day🙂Just got an email that they are sending out admissions decisions via email in mid-January. Do they always say this or is this how/when they are sending out decisions from now on?
- Admissions Decisions- Admissions Decisions will go out via email mid-January. You will be sent to your Cornell Tracking Page. Make sure you have the email address you started your Tracking Page with and the password.
Just got an email that they are sending out admissions decisions via email in mid-January. Do they always say this or is this how/when they are sending out decisions from now on?
- Admissions Decisions- Admissions Decisions will go out via email mid-January. You will be sent to your Cornell Tracking Page. Make sure you have the email address you started your Tracking Page with and the password.
Did anyone else receive this email? I did not. OOS applicant
I'm OOS and got itDid anyone else receive this email? I did not. OOS applicant
eleanor713
Full Member
I believe it’s part of the newsletter you can sign up forDid anyone else receive this email? I did not. OOS applicant
I'm OOS and got it
I checked my spam and it was there! Thank goodness [emoji28]
avocado4958
Full Member
So does that mean we won’t be called this year? If we get in
yay that's what I was hoping to hear!Last two years we received a similar email but it said “first or second week of January” both times. Then decisions were first few days after the new year (Jan 5th in 2022 and Jan 4th this year) although accepted students received a call a day earlier or same day🙂
If anything it's not a big deal. it's just a couple days difference. its just that I suck at being patient lol
Don’t worry it’s just a newsletter it’s nothing official sent to all applicants! You could only receive it if you signed up for it on their website.I also have not received that email and it isn’t in spam… I double checked my email address on the portal is correct.
https://cornell.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8cdZuqFOddN4mXkI also have not received that email and it isn’t in spam… I double checked my email address on the portal is correct.
in case you want to sign up! I think this I the link I used. I found it on the main admissions page.
The newsletter doesn't really have anything major on it. The most recent one I quoted has been the only newsletter update that has been of significance
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
eleanor713
Full Member
Last year was jan 4th apparently
FutureDrMP
Full Member
Cornell and Colorado are my last two schools I am waiting to hear from. Denied everywhere else so fingers crossed 🤞The wait is agony!!🥹
Thank you for finding this!https://cornell.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8cdZuqFOddN4mXk
in case you want to sign up! I think this I the link I used. I found it on the main admissions page.
The newsletter doesn't really have anything major on it. The most recent one I quoted has been the only newsletter update that has been of significance
hbbqtwists
Cornell Veterinary Student c/o 2028
Do y'all think that we'll be getting decisions next week (Jan. 3-4)? I know the email said mid-January, but they've sent out decisions during the first week in previous cycles.
Marlee Day
Full Member
I hope we start hearing tomorrow or the next day! This waiting is killing me🙁