Cornell c/o 2028 hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crichard

Reaction score
Didn't see a thread for Cornell yet!
2nd time applicant, but 1st to Cornell (OOS) :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
First time OOS, it’s a reach and a half for me but still giving it a shot! Good luck everyone :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
2nd time app, 1st to Cornell. Definitely struggling with their BROAD essay topics

2nd time app, 1st to Cornell. Definitely struggling with their BROAD essay topics

I struggled with them too! Definitely had to brainstorm for a minute lol

Hi everyone who's applying to Cornell! I have a question about their policy for AP credit:
My question is I got a 5 and my institution has a minimum requirement of 4 for granting credits for Physics. Do I still have to send my AP score to Cornell? The thing is I took it over four years ago and now it is archived and can only be requested through mail, which is just amazing.

Thank you so much in advance for answering my question.
1693451066715.jpg

Hello! Second time applying. First time IS! Let's try this again!

Last edited:
Hi everyone who's applying to Cornell! I have a question about their policy for AP credit:
My question is I got a 5 and my institution has a minimum requirement of 4 for granting credits for Physics. Do I still have to send my AP score to Cornell? The thing is I took it over four years ago and now it is archived and can only be requested through mail, which is just amazing.

Thank you so much in advance for answering my question.
View attachment 376300
I would contact admissions and get their advice just to be safe :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Does Cornell use their applicant tracking page much?
So far I haven't noticed any changes to mine, but this is my first cycle applying here so I'm not sure if this changes after the deadline.

Edit: I looked in the forum from last year and this same question was asked. Someone answered
"not regarding admission. you typically don’t hear from Cornell until the first week of January and that’s really just acceptance/decline"

It looks like last year applicants heard about acceptance/decline in the first week of January

Reactions: 1 users
This is sort of a nitpicky, but is anyone aware if the question asking if you're a re-applicant is in reference to applying to Cornell specifically? Or is it just a VMCAS re-applicant. I'm pretty sure it's in reference to Cornell, but it's driving me wild trying to figure it out

This is sort of a nitpicky, but is anyone aware if the question asking if you're a re-applicant is in reference to applying to Cornell specifically? Or is it just a VMCAS re-applicant. I'm pretty sure it's in reference to Cornell, but it's driving me wild trying to figure it out
I would assume that if it is within the Cornell application on VMCAS that they would be asking specifically about cornell and not in general. I am a 2nd time app in general but 1st to Cornell and answered no. Hopefully this helps :)

I would assume that if it is within the Cornell application on VMCAS that they would be asking specifically about cornell and not in general. I am a 2nd time app in general but 1st to Cornell and answered no. Hopefully this helps :)
Yes, thank you!!

Good Luck everyone!

I was given 2 days to submit a form for a relative to confirm I was living with them. Honestly I find it a bit crazy since I could go a couple days without checking my email on rough/busy weeks. Thank goodness I saw it.

Hi everyone! I'm a member of the Cornell Vet Class of 2025. I'm also one of the RED Scholars, a Peer Mentor, and Senior SAMVA delegate for Cornell in case anyone has specific questions about those.

Feel free to reach out to me with any questions!!
Best of luck with your applications and I hope to see you join the class of 2028 :)

I won't see messages here, so email me at [email protected]

Reactions: 5 users
Seems like in previous years most acceptance went out on Jan 3rd with some on Jan 4th. So I think we can assume we will hear back by the first week of January.

Being on a school and work break isn't helping at all.

Cornell is the major one I'm waiting for since it's my IS. Hopefully since I managed to get an OOS interview elsewhere it means that my application is decently competitive?

It doesn't help that Cornell is so secretive with the admission statistics. It also doesn't help that I looked over my essays to start prepping for interviews and found several mistakes. ooof.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an email that they are sending out admissions decisions via email in mid-January. Do they always say this or is this how/when they are sending out decisions from now on?

• Admissions Decisions- Admissions Decisions will go out via email mid-January. You will be sent to your Cornell Tracking Page. Make sure you have the email address you started your Tracking Page with and the password.

Just got an email that they are sending out admissions decisions via email in mid-January. Do they always say this or is this how/when they are sending out decisions from now on?

• Admissions Decisions- Admissions Decisions will go out via email mid-January. You will be sent to your Cornell Tracking Page. Make sure you have the email address you started your Tracking Page with and the password.
Last two years we received a similar email but it said “first or second week of January” both times. Then decisions were first few days after the new year (Jan 5th in 2022 and Jan 4th this year) although accepted students received a call a day earlier or same day:)

Did anyone else receive this email? I did not. OOS applicant

1st time OOS for Cornell.
3rd time applying to vet schools!

Last two years we received a similar email but it said “first or second week of January” both times. Then decisions were first few days after the new year (Jan 5th in 2022 and Jan 4th this year) although accepted students received a call a day earlier or same day:)
yay that's what I was hoping to hear!

If anything it's not a big deal. it's just a couple days difference. its just that I suck at being patient lol

Reactions: 3 users
I also have not received that email and it isn’t in spam… I double checked my email address on the portal is correct.

I also have not received that email and it isn’t in spam… I double checked my email address on the portal is correct.
Don’t worry it’s just a newsletter it’s nothing official sent to all applicants! You could only receive it if you signed up for it on their website.

https://cornell.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8cdZuqFOddN4mXk

in case you want to sign up! I think this I the link I used. I found it on the main admissions page.

The newsletter doesn't really have anything major on it. The most recent one I quoted has been the only newsletter update that has been of significance

Cornell and Colorado are my last two schools I am waiting to hear from. Denied everywhere else so fingers crossed 🤞The wait is agony!!🥹

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Do y'all think that we'll be getting decisions next week (Jan. 3-4)? I know the email said mid-January, but they've sent out decisions during the first week in previous cycles.

I hope we start hearing tomorrow or the next day! This waiting is killing me🙁

• Care
Reactions: 6 users