You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Cornell c/o 2028 hopefuls
Started by barkology
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
hbbqtwists
Cornell Veterinary Student c/o 2028
Me too! Cornell would be the first program I hear back from.I hope we start hearing tomorrow or the next day! This waiting is killing me🙁
hbbqtwists
Cornell Veterinary Student c/o 2028
I only applied to 4 & I haven’t heard any decisions yet :/How many colleges did everyone apply to and how many denials so far?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Applied to 6 with 2 rejections. Haven’t heard from the other 4 yet 🫠How many colleges did everyone apply to and how many denials so far?
Applied to 7How many colleges did everyone apply to and how many denials so far?
1 denial
2 interviews
1 oos alternate
FutureDrMP
Full Member
Applied to 4How many colleges did everyone apply to and how many denials so far?
Denied from 2
Applied to 15, 7 denials and 3 interview waitlists that I would be shocked if I came off of so farHow many colleges did everyone apply to and how many denials so far?
I think the calls will be tomorrow and Wednesday 🙂Anyone think there’s a chance they’ll call tomorrow/this week despite them saying mid Jan? Idk how much to rely on the past years trend. No I will not just be patient and wait!! Lol
Anyone have Cornell as a "reach" school "only" because of GPA?
Me, not expecting anything but I heard rumors that they were becoming more holistic as a school so figured I’d buy a lottery ticket and see what happened 🙂Anyone have Cornell as a "reach" school "only" because of GPA?
FutureDrMP
Full Member
Literally 😅 I worked reeeeeeally hard on those supplemental questions so I hope that plays in my favor!Me, not expecting anything but I heard rumors that they were becoming more holistic as a school so figured I’d buy a lottery ticket and see what happened 🙂
Oh, I didn't hear that...Actually, I couldn't find much on the selection process. And, the info. I did read said accepted students were in the high 3.8 area and 3.9's.Me, not expecting anything but I heard rumors that they were becoming more holistic as a school so figured I’d buy a lottery ticket and see what happened 🙂
Me too. Scary hearing every other student there say they were accepted on a 3.9 or 4.0Anyone have Cornell as a "reach" school "only" because of GPA?
Edit: although tbh I see every school as a reach school 😭
Real, I’m already mentally preparing for 15 denials but it’s not over till it’s over ✌️Me too. Scary hearing every other student there say they were accepted on a 3.9 or 4.0
Edit: although tbh I see every school as a reach school 😭
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
4 with 1 interview. Haven't heard from the other 3 yetHow many colleges did everyone apply to and how many denials so far?
eleanor713
Full Member
11 (6 last cycle)How many colleges did everyone apply to and how many denials so far?
1 denial, 5 interviews, and 1 waitlist (not an interview school) thus far
eleanor713
Full Member
I hope so!!I think the calls will be tomorrow and Wednesday 🙂
Bertie1903
Full Member
Applied to 9, rejected from 4 so far, 3 interviews, Cornell is my instate but I’m not very hopeful..,.How many colleges did everyone apply to and how many denials so far?
2002sydney
Full Member
Anyone have Cornell as a "reach" school "only" because of GPA?
I was told my GPA (3.78) and lack of research hours would hurt me when applying to Cornell but a Veterinarian who graduated from my undergrad is a professor at Cornell and I look up to her and really want to go into exotics/ avian so I decided it was worth a try to apply
Marlee Day
Full Member
I applied to 6:How many colleges did everyone apply to and how many denials so far?
2 denials
2 interviews
2 waiting to hear
No way they said 3.78 would be a disadvantage 🥲 I wanna go into avian/exotics too! Good luck!I was told my GPA (3.78) and lack of research hours would hurt me when applying to Cornell but a Veterinarian who graduated from my undergrad is a professor at Cornell and I look up to her and really want to go into exotics/ avian so I decided it was worth a try to apply
May I ask who told you that? I would think that would be somewhat competitive.I was told my GPA (3.78) and lack of research hours would hurt me when applying to Cornell but a Veterinarian who graduated from my undergrad is a professor at Cornell and I look up to her and really want to go into exotics/ avian so I decided it was worth a try to apply
Last edited:
Historically it’s been accepted phone calls only in one to two days followed by all decisions emailed a couple days laterdoes anyone know if they send decisions via email or is it a phone call?
hopefullyfuturedogtor
Full Member
11 applications
4 rejections
1 interview
2 waitlist to interview
4 I haven’t heard from yet
4 rejections
1 interview
2 waitlist to interview
4 I haven’t heard from yet
I applied to 10.How many colleges did everyone apply to and how many denials so far?
denied from 3, interview at 3,and waiting on the 4 others
I said my GPA was 3.7 to the admission person (the one that does the office hours) and she said that that's about their average an it's perfectly fine.No way they said 3.78 would be a disadvantage 🥲 I wanna go into avian/exotics too! Good luck!
anyways my cycle has been
6 Applications
4 Interviews
1 Acceptance
So for 5/6 still waiting on final decision
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
eleanor713
Full Member
It looks like people got calls last year anywhere from 9am to 9pmdoes anyone when they start calling?
They typically call throughout the day depending on the schedule of the person assigned to you. It can go from morning and into the early evening even. Sometimes calls are made the following day as well.does anyone when they start calling?
eleanor713
Full Member
That’s what I’m thinking😭 all of the emails said mid January so maybe they pushed it back a weekMaybe it's not today 😱
Marlee Day
Full Member
Has anyone’s portal changed?
Applied to 8, 6 rejections, waiting to hear from Cornell and Iowa.How many colleges did everyone apply to and how many denials so far?
This is my 4th cycle-if I don't get any acceptances I will just keep trying. I want this too badly and I would be too good of a Vet to give up on it!
I applied to 6 schools
2 rejections
3 interviews
Waiting to hear back from Cornell
1 acceptance ( got accepted after one of my interviews, waiting to do one more interview and waiting to hear back from another interview this January whether I get accepted or denied)
2 rejections
3 interviews
Waiting to hear back from Cornell
1 acceptance ( got accepted after one of my interviews, waiting to do one more interview and waiting to hear back from another interview this January whether I get accepted or denied)
Quiet Day...🙄I think I can hear my Poinsettia growing.
finnderella
Full Member
14 applicationsHow many colleges did everyone apply to and how many denials so far?
5 rejections
3 interviews (1 completed, 2 this month; waiting on decisions)
6 unknowns
0 acceptances
Kim_Woodpecker
Full Member
I'm a non-traditional studentHow many colleges did everyone apply to and how many denials so far?
6 applications
3 rejections
0 Interviews
3 unknowns
2002sydney
Full Member
Applied to 8, 6 rejections, waiting to hear from Cornell and Iowa.
This is my 4th cycle-if I don't get any acceptances I will just keep trying. I want this too badly and I would be too good of a Vet to give up on it!
Your determination is admirable definitely don’t give up on this dream! The industry needs people like you
Also on my 4th application cycle!! I believe in us!! 💕Applied to 8, 6 rejections, waiting to hear from Cornell and Iowa.
This is my 4th cycle-if I don't get any acceptances I will just keep trying. I want this too badly and I would be too good of a Vet to give up on it!
eleanor713
Full Member
Maybe tomorrow…
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hbbqtwists
Cornell Veterinary Student c/o 2028
Previous cycles it was January 3-4 that they made calls, so it could be tomorrow...
First time applicant, non-traditional
Applied to 13
3 interviews
6 denials
4 no answers yet!
No acceptances so far
Glued to my phone waiting for Cornell's decision!
Applied to 13
3 interviews
6 denials
4 no answers yet!
No acceptances so far
Glued to my phone waiting for Cornell's decision!
2nd time applicant.
Applied to 10 (including two 2+2 programs)
3 interviews
5 rejections
3 unknown
1 waitlist
No acceptances so far. Hoping for the best this cycle 🤞🏻
Applied to 10 (including two 2+2 programs)
3 interviews
5 rejections
3 unknown
1 waitlist
No acceptances so far. Hoping for the best this cycle 🤞🏻
Last edited: