Cornell c/o 2028 hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
First time applicant
Applied to 5 schools
2 interviews (haven’t heard back yet)
3 still waiting to hear

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Can we try to keep this thread focused on Cornell stuff? My heart is jumping into my throat every time there’s a new post haha

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know whether they have said the same thing about mid-January decisions in previous years too? Just curious whether they would stick to the same schedule as last year and start calling tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know whether they have said the same thing about mid-January decisions in previous years too? Just curious whether they would stick to the same schedule as last year and start calling tomorrow.
I believe previous years they’ve said “the first or second week” of January so not just the middle of the month. Maybe a surge in applications pushed back the date? A surprise tomorrow would be nice though.

Reactions: 1 users
No need to refresh your email. They call you ;)

Quiet on here though and it’s almost 9:30 so I’m skeptical it’s today either.

Reactions: 1 user
I wonder what time they started calling last year? I hope it is today!

Calls started at 9am so if nobody has received a call by now it’s unlikely

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Oh noooo! They never do phone calls on Thursdays or Fridays?
Seems like if they didn't call on the 2nd or 3rd then it's more likely to be later in the month, at least that's what I think 😭😢

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
So, we don't think tomorrow will be the day for acceptance calls?

Members don't see this ad :)
Who wants to start a bet that mid-Jan means the week of the 8th or the 15th

Who wants to start a bet that mid-Jan means the week of the 8th or the 15th

the 15th week is dead center, but i’m hoping for sooner rather than later bc i just wanna know!

Does anyone know Cornell's class size/OOS typical acceptance number?
On the APVMA chart it looks like it's around 126 and split evenly between OOS and IS with 63 each. Not sure if it fluctuates though, but this is a good starting frame of reference!

On the APVMA chart it looks like it's around 126 and split evenly between OOS and IS with 63 each. Not sure if it fluctuates though, but this is a good starting frame of reference!
Oh interesting thank you! I couldn't find on that chart what the split was between OOS and IS, I only saw the institutional applicant to seat ratio for each school and # of applicants.

Oh interesting thank you! I couldn't find on that chart what the split was between OOS and IS, I only saw the institutional applicant to seat ratio for each school and # of applicants.
Here!

Attachments

• Gen-Info-Chart-VMCAS-2024.pdf
    963.1 KB · Views: 106
I had a dream about admissions last night lmao

Does anyone know if the CVM is connected to the main Cornell campus or further away? I haven't been able to visit

I had a dream about admissions last night lmao

Does anyone know if the CVM is connected to the main Cornell campus or further away? I haven't been able to visit
It's connected to the main campus but it's slightly more on the outskirts. Huge facility, absolutely beautiful.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
im predicting that it's not going to be tomorrow :( I feel like the 8th isn't solidly mid-jan enough that they would release anything.

• Sad
I can't do this dance with my sympathetic nervous system every day

Reactions: 7 users
If we don't hear anything tomorrow, then it looks like it'll be next week

What days of the week have they called in the past? Does anybody know?

What days of the week have they called in the past? Does anybody know?
2023 they called Tues/Wed (Mon was a holiday), 2022 and 2021 they called Mon/Tues. But they were all the first week of Jan

I work at the diagnostic center ant Cornell and have heard that they are reviewing applicants still. I have a feeling we will hear something next week

Reactions: 10 users
Gosh I wish we would know soon and they could put me out of my misery. The stress is absolutely killing me.

I’m honestly fine with them taking their sweet time. This is my last reach school and I can do without another rejection for a bit 😅

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
I’m honestly fine with them taking their sweet time. This is my last reach school and I can do without another rejection for a bit 😅
Haha I haven't heard from any school yet...I only applied to three and I have to leave my current job in March so I'm not sure if I have to find another long term job or if I can just waitress for a couple months. It kills me just having to wait and not being able to damage control.

• Care
And, do you know if it moves a lot....Do you know how many typically get pulled from the waitlist?
I know Cornell doesn’t tell you your spot on the waitlist so I’m not sure about the rate but it sounds like in the past if you haven’t gotten off by end of May/ early June your chances of getting off for that cycle are slim

I keep getting the post-VMCAS survey emails and my heart rate jumps every single time🙃

Reactions: 3 users
How many colleges did everyone apply to and how many denials so far?
I applied to 7 schools this cycle. So far I've gotten 4 denials and 1 interview, just waiting to hear from Cornell and Iowa. Got accepted to the school I interviewed with.

Last edited:
Good afternoon! This forum has been super helpful so far- thanks to everyone who has shared experiences & info.
Do any of you know accepted students who have had mid-range GPA's? (3.3-3.5)
Cornell is the last school I have left to hear from and I am kind of already writing it off based on my going trends this cycle.
OOS applicant.

Good afternoon! This forum has been super helpful so far- thanks to everyone who has shared experiences & info.
Do any of you know accepted students who have had mid-range GPA's? (3.3-3.5)
Cornell is the last school I have left to hear from and I am kind of already writing it off based on my going trends this cycle.
OOS applicant.
Yeah, I am a 3.4er who had to work to pay for school and I am in a similar boat. It seems like a lot of us get looked over because of the "lower" GPA 🥺.

• Care
I applied last cycle with a 3.7 GPA (undergrad from Cornell...) and got rejected :/ but I've heard of applicants getting in with 3.4/ 3.5 before so its definately possible!

• Care
when do you think we will hear back? Also curious question why did you apply to cornell?

I applied to Cornell because I’m really interested in exotics and avian medicine (just like everyone else I guess). There was also a professor from my undergrad that did some research on avian species at Cornell and she’s awesome!