-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Cornell c/o 2028 hopefuls
Started by barkology
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
catmom_rhea
Full Member
Does anyone know whether they have said the same thing about mid-January decisions in previous years too? Just curious whether they would stick to the same schedule as last year and start calling tomorrow.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe previous years they’ve said “the first or second week” of January so not just the middle of the month. Maybe a surge in applications pushed back the date? A surprise tomorrow would be nice though.Does anyone know whether they have said the same thing about mid-January decisions in previous years too? Just curious whether they would stick to the same schedule as last year and start calling tomorrow.
Kim_Woodpecker
Full Member
Here's to another day of refreshing our emails!
Marlee Day
Full Member
I wonder what time they started calling last year? I hope it is today!
eleanor713
Full Member
Guess we wait until next week:/
Kim_Woodpecker
Full Member
Oh noooo! They never do phone calls on Thursdays or Fridays?Guess we wait until next week:/
Seems like if they didn't call on the 2nd or 3rd then it's more likely to be later in the month, at least that's what I think 😭😢Oh noooo! They never do phone calls on Thursdays or Fridays?
So, we don't think tomorrow will be the day for acceptance calls?
catmom_rhea
Full Member
doubtful considering that they said mid-january (unlike in previous years)So, we don't think tomorrow will be the day for acceptance calls?
Who wants to start a bet that mid-Jan means the week of the 8th or the 15th
the 15th week is dead center, but i’m hoping for sooner rather than later bc i just wanna know!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
conk15
New Member
I’m going to bet the 15th, mostly for my sanity on the 8th lolWho wants to start a bet that mid-Jan means the week of the 8th or the 15th
futurevetH02
Full Member
Does anyone know Cornell's class size/OOS typical acceptance number?
On the APVMA chart it looks like it's around 126 and split evenly between OOS and IS with 63 each. Not sure if it fluctuates though, but this is a good starting frame of reference!Does anyone know Cornell's class size/OOS typical acceptance number?
futurevetH02
Full Member
Oh interesting thank you! I couldn't find on that chart what the split was between OOS and IS, I only saw the institutional applicant to seat ratio for each school and # of applicants.On the APVMA chart it looks like it's around 126 and split evenly between OOS and IS with 63 each. Not sure if it fluctuates though, but this is a good starting frame of reference!
Here!Oh interesting thank you! I couldn't find on that chart what the split was between OOS and IS, I only saw the institutional applicant to seat ratio for each school and # of applicants.
Attachments
FutureDrMP
Full Member
I really hope we hear something tomorrow!!
user07132002
Full Member
It's connected to the main campus but it's slightly more on the outskirts. Huge facility, absolutely beautiful.I had a dream about admissions last night lmao
Does anyone know if the CVM is connected to the main Cornell campus or further away? I haven't been able to visit
Marlee Day
Full Member
Me too! I don’t know how much I can take 😢 I am so anxiousI really hope we hear something tomorrow!!
hbbqtwists
Cornell Veterinary Student c/o 2028
I wish they kept it for early January 😭
eleanor713
Full Member
Guess today’s not the day!
Anyone heard anything yet?
Just the sound of the snow melting.....Anyone heard anything yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hbbqtwists
Cornell Veterinary Student c/o 2028
If we don't hear anything tomorrow, then it looks like it'll be next week
Kim_Woodpecker
Full Member
What days of the week have they called in the past? Does anybody know?
2023 they called Tues/Wed (Mon was a holiday), 2022 and 2021 they called Mon/Tues. But they were all the first week of JanWhat days of the week have they called in the past? Does anybody know?
I work at the diagnostic center ant Cornell and have heard that they are reviewing applicants still. I have a feeling we will hear something next week
Does anyone know how much the waitlist for oos normally moves?
user07132002
Full Member
Historically it moves pretty quickly right after the April decision deadlineDoes anyone know how much the waitlist for oos normally moves?
And, do you know if it moves a lot....Do you know how many typically get pulled from the waitlist?Historically it moves pretty quickly right after the April decision deadline
Haha I haven't heard from any school yet...I only applied to three and I have to leave my current job in March so I'm not sure if I have to find another long term job or if I can just waitress for a couple months. It kills me just having to wait and not being able to damage control.I’m honestly fine with them taking their sweet time. This is my last reach school and I can do without another rejection for a bit 😅
user07132002
Full Member
I know Cornell doesn’t tell you your spot on the waitlist so I’m not sure about the rate but it sounds like in the past if you haven’t gotten off by end of May/ early June your chances of getting off for that cycle are slimAnd, do you know if it moves a lot....Do you know how many typically get pulled from the waitlist?
FutureDrMP
Full Member
I keep getting the post-VMCAS survey emails and my heart rate jumps every single time🙃
Same 😅I keep getting the post-VMCAS survey emails and my heart rate jumps every single time🙃
undercover_magizoologist
New Member
I applied to 7 schools this cycle. So far I've gotten 4 denials and 1 interview, just waiting to hear from Cornell and Iowa. Got accepted to the school I interviewed with.How many colleges did everyone apply to and how many denials so far?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good afternoon! This forum has been super helpful so far- thanks to everyone who has shared experiences & info.
Do any of you know accepted students who have had mid-range GPA's? (3.3-3.5)
Cornell is the last school I have left to hear from and I am kind of already writing it off based on my going trends this cycle.
OOS applicant.
Do any of you know accepted students who have had mid-range GPA's? (3.3-3.5)
Cornell is the last school I have left to hear from and I am kind of already writing it off based on my going trends this cycle.
OOS applicant.
Kim_Woodpecker
Full Member
Yeah, I am a 3.4er who had to work to pay for school and I am in a similar boat. It seems like a lot of us get looked over because of the "lower" GPA 🥺.Good afternoon! This forum has been super helpful so far- thanks to everyone who has shared experiences & info.
Do any of you know accepted students who have had mid-range GPA's? (3.3-3.5)
Cornell is the last school I have left to hear from and I am kind of already writing it off based on my going trends this cycle.
OOS applicant.
user07132002
Full Member
I applied last cycle with a 3.7 GPA (undergrad from Cornell...) and got rejected :/ but I've heard of applicants getting in with 3.4/ 3.5 before so its definately possible!
2002sydney
Full Member
I applied to Cornell because I’m really interested in exotics and avian medicine (just like everyone else I guess). There was also a professor from my undergrad that did some research on avian species at Cornell and she’s awesome!