Countdown to Duke 2005!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This sounds real. Congratulations.

tink'rbell said:
it was my student interviewer on the phone and i picked up, he said his name, asked if i remembered him (i did), then we kinda talked for a bit (total and complete suspenseful agony), then he finally kinda just told me...then listened to me scream and yell and make a fool of myself for a good minute and a half. he said that he plans to call all the people that he interviewed with good news, so i'm sure your phone will be ringing soon!

Members don't see this ad.

Darn. My student interviewer was female.

Congrats!

Dr. Donkey said:
This sounds real. Congratulations.
still suspicious. tink'bell only made 2 posts in history.... ones above.

Members don't see this ad :)
tink'rbell said:
Phone call 5 minutes ago!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :)
life is soo fabulous right now

ah. another tinkerbell. and here i thought i was special :p

congrats by the way :)

tink'rbell said:
it was my student interviewer on the phone and i picked up, he said his name, asked if i remembered him (i did), then we kinda talked for a bit (total and complete suspenseful agony), then he finally kinda just told me...then listened to me scream and yell and make a fool of myself for a good minute and a half. he said that he plans to call all the people that he interviewed with good news, so i'm sure your phone will be ringing soon!

not that i even remember who my student interviewer was.... but who was yours?

hmm, I thought that was another account of the true Tinkerbelle apparent. But this pseudo-tinkerbelle joined in December, which is quite a long time ago. Are we to think she has been devilishly planning this plot of misinformation for a full three months only to unleash it now when we are at our weakest? I wish He-man were here.

seethrew said:
still suspicious. tink'bell only made 2 posts in history.... ones above.

I dunno... when they called last year it was to talk about 2nd look weekend. Who knows? If anybody else hears anything... speak up!

It is entirely possible that a student interviewer would have called to inform the poster of acceptance (though they aren't supposed to).

I am not 100% sure if it will happen this year, but students may call to invite accepted persons to second look, could that happen BEFORE you get your letter..sure it can.

I just don't want people thinking that everyone is going to get a call about their acceptance.

Hope that helps.

Dr. Donkey said:
hmm, I thought that was another account of the true Tinkerbelle apparent. But this pseudo-tinkerbelle joined in December, which is quite a long time ago. Are we to think she has been devilishly planning this plot of misinformation for a full three months only to unleash it now when we are at our weakest? I wish He-man were here.
:laugh: psuedo-tink :laugh: devilish plot :laugh:
perhaps i'm too skeptical.
so i'll congrats just incase, and pass you a slice of cake!!! :thumbup:

mangogurl said:
It is entirely possible that a student interviewer would have called to inform the poster of acceptance (though they aren't supposed to).

I am not 100% sure if it will happen this year, but students may call to invite accepted persons to second look, could that happen BEFORE you get your letter..sure it can.

I just don't want people thinking that everyone is going to get a call about their acceptance.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your post mangogurl! I'm sure that it has calmed a LOT of nerves (including mine) :laugh:

Good luck to everyone waiting!

RING RING...not!!! I am just at lab..doing work...trying to pass the time...oooh the suspense when i go home to check my messages....on the good side, i haven't bitten my nails once today!! yay!! accomplishment! longest week ever, by the way....jeez... :D

i tried to post about 5 minutes ago but couldn't for some reason. i just opened my mail and had a letter of acceptance, i still can't fully believe it. i live in durham, so that's the reason i received it in one day. for all those waiting, it won't be long! i hope it turns out as you desire. :thumbup:

I just got the good news via snail mail!!!! I'm a Duke Undergrad and I live off-campus so I guess that might explain the rapid results. So for those of you who live in Durham hopefully you'll hear good news today. Goodluck to everyone!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the acceptance letter big/thick (or is it thin and evil like a waitlist letter)?

TroubledDevil said:
I just got the good news via snail mail!!!! I'm a Duke Undergrad and I live off-campus so I guess that might explain the rapid results. So for those of you who live in Durham hopefully you'll hear good news today. Goodluck to everyone!!!!!!

Dr. Donkey said:
Is the acceptance letter big/thick (or is it thin and evil like a waitlist letter)?

It's a big manilla envelope that is addressed to Future Dr. (Insert Name Here). Still bouncing off the walls.

Big, not too thick though

Ah - beat me to it

Dr. Donkey said:

It is thick and will be addressed to: (the future) Dr. Dr. Donkey :D

Dank you very much. Congratulations! You too Mitro. You bastards. haha, j/k.

TroubledDevil said:
It's a big manilla envelope that is addressed to Future Dr. (Insert Name Here). Still bouncing off the walls.

wow... congrats guys! To everyone else: happy waiting. tick tock tiiick... toooock

I found out that they don't let donkeys into medical school. Alas, I will be forced to disclose my secret identity to all. On the positive side, I guess that means I'll finally get to see who has been in the ass of my two man disguise for the past 20 some years. I hope he's nice!

Congratualtions and thanks for the reply. It's weird how like 10% of the entering class has already responding on this site...you're all dorks, haha.

clayito said:
It is thick and will be addressed to: (the future) Dr. Dr. Donkey :D

Waiting out here in Caleefornia for that thin envelope :(

This is torture. We should do this to our enemies to get them to speak up. Then again... that might just be too inhumane. I'm sure there's a clause in the Geneva Convention that says "no non-rolling admissions for POWs." I can't believe it's only 3:00. damn.

ummm i'm here in boston digging out of our latest blizzard (that's 3 for 2005 already) and umm..well i think the pony express will probably be delayed b/c of the snow..soooo..i'm going to play like next week is this week and then, maybe then, i'll actually received some news.. :( i've got to escape this NE weather...duke please show me some love!!!

~LR

LRmed2003 said:
ummm i'm here in boston digging out of our latest blizzard (that's 3 for 2005 already) and umm..well i think the pony express will probably be delayed b/c of the snow..soooo..i'm going to play like next week is this week and then, maybe then, i'll actually received some news.. :( i've got to escape this NE weather...duke please show me some love!!!

~LR

Doesn't it snow a lot in NC?

Tra La La said:
Doesn't it snow a lot in NC?

hahahaahah..umm so boston set a record in January for the most snow ever since the National Weather Service started keeping records sometime in the late 1800s..that's not even counting the rest of the winter. NC sometimes get chilly and a bit frosty..but it doesn't really snow for real for real except up in the mountains...

Congrats to everyone hearing happy news and good luck to those still waiting!

I didn't actually apply, but I've been curious about Duke for friends-sake and of course, to distract me from my own insanity waiting on another school.

Wiggy, I also had a female interviewer...Did we maybe have the same one? I think mine was Jessica? Anyway...letters take their sweet time getting down here to Miami but thats ok at least its warm here ;)

Also, did they just mail out acceptances as far as we know so far?

I didn't even have a student interview (two professors). I guess that means I actually have to wait for the mail to make it all the way out here to Southern California. :(

the1111gal said:
Wiggy, I also had a female interviewer...Did we maybe have the same one? I think mine was Jessica? Anyway...letters take their sweet time getting down here to Miami but thats ok at least its warm here ;)

Also, did they just mail out acceptances as far as we know so far?
Sasha, I don't even remember who my student was, but I think a lot of us had the same girl that day so maybe so.

What's with all the snow? It's even flurrying in Nashville right now!

What I really want to know is whether Duke mailed out everything yesterday or if they're coming in batches... this is really important to me because I have spring break next week and will be away from my mailbox!

Wiggy73 said:
Sasha, I don't even remember who my student was, but I think a lot of us had the same girl that day so maybe so.

What's with all the snow? It's even flurrying in Nashville right now!

What I really want to know is whether Duke mailed out everything yesterday or if they're coming in batches... this is really important to me because I have spring break next week and will be away from my mailbox!
It seems that in years past they've done everything in batches... sigh...

Whatever the cause may be, and whatever the accuracy of the implication, it seems that at first notifications are almost exclusively accepts. As much as a week or 10 days after that, a few more accepts come with a bulk of waitlists/rejects. I hope someone breaks down and calls the admissions office for recon!

Lord GuyLaroche: Even in my youth, I could never see clearly. Take a look at the note, tell me what it says.
Duchess of Cornwall: Oh dear! It is addressed to the future doctor.
Lord GuyLaroche: Hot damn! I'm in!

*Both start hopping about the great drawing room*

congratulations beautiful!!! one day soon i might be blessed to join in your romping..'til then..frolic to your little heart's content..:) :D that is awesome!!!

GuyLaroche said:
Lord GuyLaroche: Even in my youth, I could never see clearly. Take a look at the note, tell me what it says.
Duchess of Cornwall: Oh dear! It is addressed to the future doctor.
Lord GuyLaroche: Hot damn! I'm in!

*Both start hopping about the great drawing room*

Congratulations to you and everyone else who has gotten the good news today! I haven't been home to check my mail yet but with the snowstorm and my mediocre duke interview, i'm not optimistic that its contents will please me today.

Everyone who has news lives in Durham, right?
Jeez, congrats you guys!

chlorineK said:
Everyone who has news lives in Durham, right?
Jeez, congrats you guys!
so it seems...

Thanks dope
This waiting is now truly getting to me. I am actually going crazy.

dopaminophile, please stop posting useless info, i.e. "so it seems".

dopaminophile said:
It seems that in years past they've done everything in batches... sigh...

Whatever the cause may be, and whatever the accuracy of the implication, it seems that at first notifications are almost exclusively accepts. As much as a week or 10 days after that, a few more accepts come with a bulk of waitlists/rejects. I hope someone breaks down and calls the admissions office for recon!
Ugh, why can't they just send the rejections at the same time as the admits? Oh adcoms, you will never make sense to me.

scott858 said:
dopaminophile, please stop posting useless info, i.e. "so it seems".
Huh? Assuming the info he's provided is accurate, he's been one of the most useful posters on this thread. :confused:

leechy said:
Huh? Assuming the info he's provided is accurate, he's been one of the most useful posters on this thread. :confused:
Thanks leechy... I was gonna feel bad...

And to boost my usefulness index: pi~= 3.141592653589793238462643383279ish. What could be more useful than that?

RunMimi said:
I told you!

RunMimi, I am about to die from screaming. I have been screaming for the past 30 minutes in complete joy. Then, in the middle of my hysteria, Duke calls me! I couldn't compose myself in time.

I lOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE DUKE!!!!!!

GuyLaroche said:
RunMimi, I am about to die from screaming. I have been screaming for the past 30 minutes in complete joy. Then, in the middle of my hysteria, Duke calls me! I couldn't compose myself in time.

I lOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE DUKE!!!!!!
MEEEEEEEEE TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got a call from a student. I am so unbelievably excited. Hope I don't cry again.

congrats guys! when did they call and what did they say?

Congrats to NubianPrincess and GuyLaroche! :)

and to everyone else too, of course! you guys are awesome.

Thank you so much. This is the happiest day of my life!
The student coordinator called me around 6:15pm EST and told me the good news. I havent received the letter yet - i'm assuming it will come in the mail tomorrow.