-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Countdown to October 15th...
Started by BrCo
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
So how does it work for interviews conducted after the 15th? Is it on a rolling basis (so to speak) for those applicants who interview later? Or are there some schools who won't sent any decisions until much later?
Depends on the school. Many are rolling but some of the top tiers are not. Check the MSAR for specifics although they will usually tell you at your interview.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At least you would get the chance to *fix* things in case your interviewing skills aren't up to par 😀I kind of wish I didn't have so many schools who could be telling me on the 15th. If I don't get in to any of them then I expect that I won't get into any other schools I still have to interview at.....so it will either be the best day of my life or the worst.
Interviewed at 4 so far and waiting on 2 (possibly 3) for the 15th. My current top choice isn't rolling so I won't be hearing back from them for quite a few months :/
11 days left!!
Last edited:
from what i saw on last year's threads, it depends on the schoolDo people think some schools will let us know right at midnight (like late Tuesday night)? Or will it be more like sometime on Wednesday? Anyone know from last year?
At Michigan they strongly hinted that they might be releasing good news around midnight, and they have in the past. Don't know about any other schools though.Do people think some schools will let us know right at midnight (like late Tuesday night)? Or will it be more like sometime on Wednesday? Anyone know from last year?
10 days left!!
In on this thread...Been replaying my interviews in my head analyzing every answer I gave. Nothing I can do about it now tho...
I hear you...In on this thread...Been replaying my interviews in my head analyzing every answer I gave. Nothing I can do about it now tho...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lol I have one on the 15th. I'm not gonna check my phone, tho. I've turned that ish off the whole day for every interview day so far.If you interview somewhere ON the 15th I bet everyone will be madly, discreetly checking their phones.
I just rescheduled my 15th interview to a much later date once I realized that I'd be hearing from 2 schools. Glad it was a school that allowed me to do it easily online. I might be able to hold off checking email, but I don't want to be affected by the effort of resisting to check my email the night before and during the day.If you interview somewhere ON the 15th I bet everyone will be madly, discreetly checking their phones.
I'm interviewing on the 16th. I imagine it will be a similar situation.If you interview somewhere ON the 15th I bet everyone will be madly, discreetly checking their phones.
9 days left!!
Single digits people. This is not a drill.9 days left!!
me too!I'm interviewing on the 16th. I imagine it will be a similar situation.
anyone know by chance if i could hear back oct 15 if i just interviewed on the 29th?
me too!
anyone know by chance if i could hear back oct 15 if i just interviewed on the 29th?
Maybe? I interviewed on the 26th and they said we should find out on the 15th
8 days left!!
7 days left!!
For me it's more like "7 or 8 days maybe left because admissions directors are vague"7 days left!!![]()
*sigh*
If I don't hear anything, I'll live vicariously through you guys by reading the 'when you found out you got in, how did you react' thread.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Then get out of this thread! Just kidding. Best of luck keeping sanity during your long stage of limbo before you get great news.Even though I interviewed at one school on 9/6, I won't hear until November.. possibly the end of November.
At another school I interviewed on 10/1 and I likely won't hear until late October/early November. BOO!
Thank you and back at ya. At least it's only a week away for many of you!Then get out of this thread! Just kidding. Best of luck keeping sanity during your long stage of limbo before you get great news.
6 days left!!
For those who are lucky enough to get into their top choice October 15th, are you all calling the application season over or letting it play out? Strongly debating one or the other, this process is expensive!
For those who are lucky enough to get into their top choice October 15th, are you all calling the application season over or letting it play out? Strongly debating one or the other, this process is expensive!
I would. You should wait to see what the financial situation looks like at all the schools you get into.
Well someone from last cycle continued to play: kept 23 eggs in the bucket until the last minute in May. Sources was very credible, but indirect, so I have no idea who that person was.For those who are lucky enough to get into their top choice October 15th, are you all calling the application season over or letting it play out? Strongly debating one or the other, this process is expensive!
I have the chance to hear from a few of my #2s. My #1 is later this month. I won't interview at any more schools if I get in, but I also won't withdraw from most of the schools I've interviewed at.For those who are lucky enough to get into their top choice October 15th, are you all calling the application season over or letting it play out? Strongly debating one or the other, this process is expensive!
I think that is extremely selfish and unnecessary.Well someone from last cycle continued to play: kept 23 eggs in the bucket until the last minute in May. Sources was very credible, but indirect, so I have no idea who that person was.
I heard that schools can see if you are holding onto acceptances; if you hold onto a lot of them, then other schools may see that and not accept you. Is this true?
Acceptance reports don't come out until past January sometime and then around May.I heard that schools can see if you are holding onto acceptances; if you hold onto a lot of them, then other schools may see that and not accept you. Is this true?
Sent from my neural implant using SDN Mobile
Wait... what's an acceptance report? Do schools actually check them?Acceptance reports don't come out until past January sometime and then around May.
Sent from my neural implant using SDN Mobile
nod.I think that is extremely selfish and unnecessary.
I would say yes, especially for students that might be of interests for recruitment scholarships.Wait... what's an acceptance report? Do schools actually check them?
Well someone from last cycle continued to play: kept 23 eggs in the bucket until the last minute in May. Sources was very credible, but indirect, so I have no idea who that person was.
Isn't that a good plan if you can work multiple school's financial aids to get the cheapest price for school?
I think that is extremely selfish and unnecessary.
Cant blame him for working for the best situation for himself, especially considering how many hoops we jump through just to become "competitive"
I would say yes, especially for students that might be of interests for recruitment scholarships.
So these are not generally offered with the acceptance?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well someone from last cycle continued to play: kept 23 eggs in the bucket until the last minute in May. Sources was very credible, but indirect, so I have no idea who that person was.
+1
Heard this very thing from an admissions director at one of my interviews. Be kindly to your fellow applicants... there is no possible way this person was genuinely debating between 23 final choices.
If I get into my top choice, which is a highly respected state school that will cost less than my undergrad, then I'll be done with this crap.For those who are lucky enough to get into their top choice October 15th, are you all calling the application season over or letting it play out? Strongly debating one or the other, this process is expensive!
I'll hear back from a couple of schools before my November interviews and will cancel them suckers if I get in-state. This clown parade needs to end ASAP because I've had it with pre-med.If I get into my top choice, which is a highly respected state school that will cost less than my undergrad, then I'll be done with this crap.
I totally agree! What's your in-state school? Mine's UNC.I'll hear back from a couple of schools before my November interviews and will cancel them suckers if I get in-state. This clown parade needs to end ASAP because I've had it with pre-med.
Mine's UMD. Much like yours, a highly respected institution that's about as cheap as my undergrad!I totally agree! What's your in-state school? Mine's UNC.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 417
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 981
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K
the 15th will be an uneventful day as I just lie in bed and refresh my email every 30 seconds