Covid19 affect on Pharmacy schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pentobarbitalius

Reaction score
How will the Covid19 affect Pharmacy schools. Do you think pharmacy schools will start closing down or is this just wishful thinking??

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
They’ll move online

Reactions: 1 users
What's the value proposition of non-selective institutions?

What's the value proposition of half these pharmacy programs?

Members don't see this ad :)
I do know the incoming pharmacy students at my program will be going completely online for the Fall Semester. The nuts and bolts are still taking place for my current class since APPEs are indeed next year, but the decision has been finalized no matter what that come November all of our courses / exams will be online for the remainder of that semester (so Thanksgiving and Christmas time-frame).

Interesting enough (although I have my own differing thoughts on the matter) the simulation rotation I had to do for my IPPE health-system rotation was 100% online and tuition was not lowered for the difference of not having the in-house in-floor experience.

I can only assume other programs will / are doing the same.

I do know the incoming pharmacy students at my program will be going completely online for the Fall Semester. The nuts and bolts are still taking place for my current class since APPEs are indeed next year, but the decision has been finalized no matter what that come November all of our courses / exams will be online for the remainder of that semester (so Thanksgiving and Christmas time-frame).

Interesting enough (although I have my own differing thoughts on the matter) the simulation rotation I had to do for my IPPE health-system rotation was 100% online and tuition was not lowered for the difference of not having the in-house in-floor experience.

Wow. Pharmacy schools are easy enough to open up/run as it is, what with most lecturers teaching for free. Now they don't even need to pay for infrastructure/facility costs and are charging the same tuition? Let's all open up virtual pharmacy schools from our basements... we will all be millionaires in no time!

• Haha
Paying for an "in person" pharmacy education these days = stupid
Paying for an "online" pharmacy program these days = (what is dumber than stupid? *****ic? was gonna say the "r" word but I'd be struck with the ban hammer for that I'm sure....)

wow...they even censor the word m*ronic. Has this become a catholic forum or something?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Gonna run one from home as a side gig. Gotta remember to call the ACPE tomorrow.

HAHAHAHAHAHA GOOD ONE!

But seriously, you are lucky your program didn't charge you extra for the online credit in order to cover the cost of going online. UF does that.

Reactions: 2 users
HAHAHAHAHAHA GOOD ONE!

But seriously, you are lucky your program didn't charge you extra for the online credit in order to cover the cost of going online. UF does that.
"Technology fees"...

Remember we got to graduate the classes earlier now because COVID will create a HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE shortage and enormous amounts of positions that will need to be filled. Right Indiana?

After talking to 4th year pharm students I just realized that they will complete most of their rotations online. This option is only offered by pharmacy schools while other healthcare students still have to show up for face-to-face interaction with patients and colleagues. This amazed me.

Because pharmacy school is a joke.

Imagine med students and dental students doing online clerkships and virtual labs. LMAO

But bail pharmacy schools out like this degenerate means-tested stimulus.

Because pharmacy school is a joke.

Imagine med students and dental students doing online clerkships and virtual labs. LMAO

But bail pharmacy schools out like this degenerate means-tested stimulus.

there are virtual patient simulations for Med students

Better than the vitural featherbedding that pharmacy students are doing. Look, when pharmacists themselves are getting furloughed left and right because they aren't essential workers to the healthcare system, who do you think will give a rat's *** about pharmacy students? Absolutely nobody...

But medical schools are graduating them quickly in order to for the students to get matched into residency and then they have to come into contact with COVID patients. With pharmacy, since they are non essential, who cares

Wow. Pharmacy schools are easy enough to open up/run as it is, what with most lecturers teaching for free. Now they don't even need to pay for infrastructure/facility costs and are charging the same tuition? Let's all open up virtual pharmacy schools from our basements... we will all be millionaires in no time!
And virtual Mid year, lol