Creating a crisis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IgD

The Lorax
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Recently a senior medical officer came for a site visit. He reprimanded me for doing too good of a job taking care of patients. He recommended that I turn patients away so that it creates a crisis to force a reaction from above. I was really shocked by this. I'm wondering if that is what the military is trying to do with HPSP!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Recently a senior medical officer came for a site visit. He reprimanded me for doing too good of a job taking care of patients. He recommended that I turn patients away so that it creates a crisis to force a reaction from above. I was really shocked by this. I'm wondering if that is what the military is trying to do with HPSP!!!

this sounds like what many people have been telling you for a long time; unless the milmed system reached extreme crisis mode, there will be no change. Unfortunately, as long as ultra- dedicated physicians, like you and me, go the "extra 100 miles" to keep the system afloat, the senior leadership see that as the most cost effective way to do bussiness (no matter the effect on patient care, qual;ity of life for staff etc).

One of my Commanders theorized that the SG was planning to run familymed "into the ground" until it was completely broken, then do a complete change of how med is done/ran admin wise.

Thats bad news for those still onboard.

Insightful man.

Could it be that you have an inkling of what we've been talking about?? More to come I assure you. Let us know when you are ready to accept reality.