Credit Hours?

Started by sistermike
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sistermike

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok I have a question. Well first off, I am a health administration major, and there is a possibility I will be double majoring in Spanish, but I will probably just end up minoring in Spanish. I am also doing a pre-med/pre-pa thing, because not sure if I want to take the PA route or the Physician route. The problem is that for PA school, there are many more pre-req's than pre-med, and for pre-med there are a few classes like physics and calc that you don't need to take as a pre-pa. Anyways to get to my point. I don't need any science classes for my health admin major or my spanish major/minor. The problem is, I will probably be in undergrad for 6 years if I don't take like 18 credit hours per semester, because there are so many classes I need to take. What do you guys feel about taking 18+ credit hours? This sememster I have 16 and I am doing fine. But then again I am not taking top notch science and math classes. Have any of you guys tried taking 18 or + credit hours? And if so, was it insane?
 
To me, you have to set your priorities. You don't want to jeopardize your science GPA because you are busy completing two majors and why would you want to be in school for 6 years. You could go to medical school and do an MPH at the same time and meet your desire for the area of medicine.


I'd drop one of the majors, focus on what you want, because why would you let an advance Spanish Lit class hurt my Orgo grade. Seriously, numbers do count and why take the chance. Yes you can handle it, but is it necessary. Think about where you want to be and then think about how to get there. I've over extended myself at times and had to cut back on things, extracurriular stuff by the middle of the term. So please really decide about what you want and then do it. But too much is often a recipe for failure.

Please try hard and do your best. And focus on what you want.