This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Prepharm1223

Reaction score
hey guys

I was wondering if anyone here who has been accepted to the Creighton pharmacy school would be willing to share some insight and answer some questions.. I’m still in the process of taking my prereqs and I’m a strong student now; but unfortunately when I first attended college many years ago, I did pretty poorly. Hence, my cumulative GPA is not so high but I’m now capable of maintaining pretty much a 4.0. I plan to bring my cummulstive up with the rest of my prereqs as well..

1. What was your GPA when applying (cumulative and science gpa)?

2. Did you take your prereq’s at a 4 year or community college and do you think it matters if I take them at a community college if I can get all A’s?

3. If I take ochem 1 and 2 during the summer, I can apply one year earlier. Is it frowned upon to take those courses in the summer?

This is my first time posting so I apologize if I created an incorrect thread or duplicate.. thanks in advance for your replies :)

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys

I was wondering if anyone here who has been accepted to the Creighton pharmacy school would be willing to share some insight and answer some questions.. I’m still in the process of taking my prereqs and I’m a strong student now; but unfortunately when I first attended college many years ago, I did pretty poorly. Hence, my cumulative GPA is not so high but I’m now capable of maintaining pretty much a 4.0. I plan to bring my cummulstive up with the rest of my prereqs as well..

2. Did you take your prereq’s at a 4 year or community college and do you think it matters if I take them at a community college if I can get all A’s?

3. If I take ochem 1 and 2 during the summer, I can apply one year earlier. Is it frowned upon to take those courses in the summer?

This is my first time posting so I apologize if I created an incorrect thread or duplicate.. thanks in advance for your replies :)

Just got accepted. 2.9 sci GPA undergrad. 3.0 cumulative undergrad. 3.8 grad. PCAT 78.
Did prereqs at a UC in cali.
I took summer courses like biochem. Not frowned upon. Hope that helps!

Reactions: 1 user

I don't post my GPA out there, but they were closer to average than stellar.

I took all my pre-reqs at community colleges in the area. Creighton has no restriction on that. The only real restriction they have (understandably) is that the sciences w/ labs must be taken in-person and not online. Most of my classes otherwise were online, which helped me since I was accepted into the distance program.

The school won't frown upon it, but I will tell you those can be some pretty intensive classes. I'm in the middle of Ochem-II right now and I honestly couldn't imagine taking it over a summer. I do know my professor does teach it over the summer. I wouldn't recommend doing anything else concurrently with it. But that's just my opinion.

Members don't see this ad :)

I don't post my GPA out there, but they were closer to average than stellar.

I took all my pre-reqs at community colleges in the area. Creighton has no restriction on that. The only real restriction they have (understandably) is that the sciences w/ labs must be taken in-person and not online. Most of my classes otherwise were online, which helped me since I was accepted into the distance program.

The school won't frown upon it, but I will tell you those can be some pretty intensive classes. I'm in the middle of Ochem-II right now and I honestly couldn't imagine taking it over a summer. I do know my professor does teach it over the summer. I wouldn't recommend doing anything else concurrently with it. But that's just my opinion.

Hello Saisri!

Congratulations on getting accepted into Creighton's Distance Pathway! I am interviewing tomorrow and although I have been preparing for this specific interview since May, my nerves are getting the best of me. I fear I will not be able to focus my answers as to why I want to become a pharmacist and why Creighton is the school for me and visa versa. Any tips? I've read positive things about the interview process. How was yours? How many people were in your group? There will be 23 applicants interviewing tomorrow and Wanda Williams said about half of them are for the distance pathway. Are you allowed to disclose your interview questions? Did everyone receive the same questions? My interview is a closed file interview. Was yours as well? If admitted, I'd love to keep in contact with you and will look forward to meeting you at orientation next fall. Best Regards!

Hello Saisri!

Congratulations on getting accepted into Creighton's Distance Pathway! I am interviewing tomorrow and although I have been preparing for this specific interview since May, my nerves are getting the best of me. I fear I will not be able to focus my answers as to why I want to become a pharmacist and why Creighton is the school for me and visa versa. Any tips? I've read positive things about the interview process. How was yours? How many people were in your group? There will be 23 applicants interviewing tomorrow and Wanda Williams said about half of them are for the distance pathway. Are you allowed to disclose your interview questions? Did everyone receive the same questions? My interview is a closed file interview. Was yours as well? If admitted, I'd love to keep in contact with you and will look forward to meeting you at orientation next fall. Best Regards!

Hi! I answered a little in the other thread, too, but let's see if I can help calm you down some :)

I can't share the questions with you I had only because they probably won't apply :) I would at least be prepared to explain WHY their school versus other schools. What drew you to them?

I was interviewed by 2 faculty, as were most of the applicants when I was there. There were about 27 of us, from all over the country - mostly distance, some campus. I'm sure they are all closed-file interviews for Creighton. You've made it this far, and obviously impressed them to be able to interview tomorrow. BREATHE!

They already know you will be nervous, which is why the interview portion is so much more a conversation than an interview. It isn't like applying for a job. It's a way to let them get to know you, and they'll compare it to your file later - did your in-person conversation match your essays - that sort of thing.

Believe me - I know how you're feeling right now. Plan on getting there a little early - it'll take some of the stress off. If you're a coffee drinker, no one will judge you for bringing some with you - Wish I had, bu they did also provide coffee - so that was good :)

(if you do drink coffee? Bring mints :) )

Back to the interview - I am sure the faculty members may start out similar in each of the interviews, but some of their questions will also be tailored based on previous answers - and the previous parts of the conversation.

Just be yourself :)

Hi! I interviewed in September! You’ll be fine! It’s a very casual conversation you’ll have. I only had three questions and I was done! Know what drives you to pursue pharmacy (personal and external). Look at how you’ve changed as a person/individual and how these experiences might be applied to pharmacy. It’s okay if you mess up. They were understanding, and I made it a light moment and carried on. They listen to your message and not the tiny things. Speak simply and gently ^^ It’s like meeting people at an airport and striking up a conversation! Have fun with it! Good luck to you! ^^

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile