cryptocurrency forum (bitcoin and more)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I cannot believe that of all the investments from this week, the one that nets me the most % is Dogecoin.

I bought $20 worth last month when it was worth .008 , now it is worth .08 .

My pharmacy technician has some balls, he bought $1000 worth at .009 , I convinced him to sell off his initial investment of $1000 + another $1000-2000 while leaving him with still about 100k dogecoins.

Hitting $1 will make him $100k, $100 to a multimillionaire and if it follows the path of Bitcoin and goes into the 10k territory, a billionaire.
your tech hates right now

Members don't see this ad.

Bought 2k doge at 0.39 and set limit sell at 0.43. It hit within a minute, quickest $150 I ever made.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Bought 2k doge at 0.39 and set limit sell at 0.43. It hit within a minute, quickest $150 I ever made.

Dude - I am in a state of utter shock right now. I bought 2 cryptos earlier this week, dodgecoin and etherium classic. I put about 2.5k on both and just sold minutes ago and made about 6k between the two. I bought on Wednesday and just sold now.

Between this and the GameStop wave I rode a few months ago I am so far up and it’s not even funny for the year.

Last edited:
On the subject of crypto. I have done a lot of research into a little known crypto called Theta. I would recommend to check it out as it’s the ground floor. I have to buy it from a broker in Australia right now

I bought and sold doge 3 times today. Turned 2k into 2500 LoL. Will keep doing this until it doesn't work.

I bought and sold doge 3 times today. Turned 2k into 2500 LoL. Will keep doing this until it doesn't work.

That’s great! I may have made a big mistake selling the dodge I had but if there is one thing I have learned from the market it’s this:

When the market hands you a trophy, you better take it and walk away or you will likely live to regret it. I suppose this is how I feel about high volatility investments in general. Stuff like dodgecoin that is highly speculative, volatile, and generally frenzied - this can be the ultimate bull trap if you buy at the top.

Last edited:
Alright guys - I’m buying back into dogecoin and I’m going to confidently buy the dips in anticipation for April 20th..

I am 3k deep at 27 cents/coin, at this time (but I will get higher as I buy dips) I am going to take the ride one more time....

Anyone wanna join me? I’m calling it my “ticket out of pharmacy or die trying” event. It’s even wife sponsored..

4/18 12pm update: I’m up 440 bucks as of now. I keep watching constantly for dips to buy but it just does not dip all that much. Right now I’m watching for 10% dips.. still at 3k as an initial investment.

4/19 - sitting here watching this thing at 130am.... no dips. Been buying 50 dollars more every 1/2 cent it goes up. I’m currently 35% up with an average of 31 cents and a profit of 920 bucks. Guess I’ll go to sleep now... 9 hours later - just went from .43 cents to .35 cents in a few hours. Holding..... Not selling cent - I was up 2k at that peak

4/24: goodness gracious... I’ve been holding this whole time (I’m just that kind of guy). I have not sold a single dime of my doge. I currently have 4.8k equity in doge. Well as of now I’m -500 bucks... screw it im buying more.

4/28- still freaking holding. Back in the green... bought $500 more with dogefather stupid tweet... current equity is 6.1k

5/5 - well by golly I am up. Like - waaaaay up on dogecoin. Been buying on the way up (50-75 bucks for every 1/2 cent added since it was at about 27 cents/coin. I have a total of 13.7k gains. I am sitting here at 1230am trying to decide what to do. It’s not exactly enough to retire from pharmacy, but it’s a good chunk to add to the savings. I have decided to sell - once I save my edit I will be selling and claiming my gains. Not bad... it may keep going up and maybe this is a horrible decision. No worries - I will keep investing and making gains elsewhere. I just hate the paper thin nature of crypto.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Huh no commentators screaming to buy the dip or run for the hills?

I’m still heavily investing. I bought a ton of Bitcoin Cash and a lesser known crypto called Theta.

The past 2 weeks has been huge. It’s time to make some money.

It's like ICQ mixed with a forum/Reddit. It allows real time chat.
ICQ wow - I remember ICQ from a long time ago. I used icq when I was a kid with video games.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
It's like ICQ mixed with a forum/Reddit. It allows real time chat.

OMG I forgot about ICQ! Most of my friends were on AIM and a couple on MSN messenger. I think I had Trilian to combine them all.

Bitcoin has strong support at ~$28k, that's where the 0.7 Fibonacci retracement is. It's tested that level thrice in 2021 too. The weekly RSI is still in the low 40s, so there's more room for a downtrend, but BTC seems to have strong support at $28k. Next few weeks will be key. BTC Dominance is in the high 40s, which is indicative neither of an alt-season (30s) nor a bear market (60s or 70s). So it's a waiting game for now. Hold or DCA more.

Not financial advice. Just my thoughts.

Last edited:
Bitcoin has strong support at ~$28k, that's where the 0.7 Fibonacci retracement is. It's tested that level thrice in 2021 too. The weekly RSI is still in the low 40s, so there's more room for a downtrend, but BTC seems to have strong support at $28k. Next few weeks will be key. BTC Dominance is in the high 40s, which is indicative neither of an alt-season (30s) nor a bear market (60s or 70s). So it's a waiting game for now. Hold or DCA more.

Not financial advice. Just my thoughts.

IMO

Munger and Buffett were interviewed on CNBC last night...Both agree that these bitcoin operations are the scam de scam...Sooooo that would be scam #2 IF you call pharmacy scam #1

Bought a little bit of BTC when it dipped <30k. Some ETH and LTC too.

Munger and Buffett were interviewed on CNBC last night...Both agree that these bitcoin operations are the scam de scam...Sooooo that would be scam #2 IF you call pharmacy scam #1
Buffet means nothing anymore. He's rat poison squared

Man I wish I bought BTC at 28k.

Man I wish I bought BTC at 28k.
I sold every last crypto I own yesterday. I will be watching to buy back

My best cash out was a crypto called Theta that I bought 10k tokens at 2 bucks

How about an ETF? There's GBTC, BITO

How did you know it would dip?

It was late last night and I read about some weird covid variant in Africa.

On top of that - it is my theory that people will start running out of disposable income at around early to mid 2022. Unless there are further stimulus packages coming which I double it.

Inflation, student loans, no free money - it’s all coming back and it’s going to drain everyone of money

It was late last night and I read about some weird covid variant in Africa.

On top of that - it is my theory that people will start running out of disposable income at around early to mid 2022. Unless there are further stimulus packages coming which I double it.

Inflation, student loans, no free money - it’s all coming back and it’s going to drain everyone of money
But what if the brief period of inflation we are seeing is just an extension of the microprocessor shortage, car shortage, and emergence from last year's mini-depression? (It is)
What if Biden forgives the loans? (He might)
What if wages keep increasing at the lower end like it has been? (They might)

But what if the brief period of inflation we are seeing is just an extension of the microprocessor shortage, car shortage, and emergence from last year's mini-depression? (It is)
What if Biden forgives the loans? (He might)
What if wages keep increasing at the lower end like it has been? (They might)

You might be right - if those things happen…. Party on…

But for now I wait and watch. I sold all my stocks (besides 401) as well. I’m not predicting major doom or anything - but I really feel like money is about to become really scarce. My taxes this year are going to be very bad.

I may miss out and I’m okay with that / we have had the best bull market the world has ever seen the past few years and honestly I’ve done very well.

Last edited:
You might be right - if those things happen…. Party on…

But for now I wait and watch. I sold all my stocks (besides 401) as well. I’m not predicting major doom or anything - but I really feel like money is about to become really scarce. My taxes this year are going to be very bad.

I may miss out and I’m okay with that / we have had the best bull market the world has ever seen the past few years and honestly I’ve done very well.
Maybe go to 50-50 stocks/bonds?

Maybe go to 50-50 stocks/bonds?

Yes - I have mulled this over a lot. I was thinking about buying back in on all of my regulars at about 10% of my capitol. Then keep throwing 10% more in for every 3% it so it drops. Not sure yet what i will do.

Looks like Dow futures are down over 1000 points right now.. holy smokes

Yes - I have mulled this over a lot. I was thinking about buying back in on all of my regulars at about 10% of my capitol. Then keep throwing 10% more in for every 3% it so it drops. Not sure yet what i will do.

Looks like Dow futures are down over 1000 points right now.. holy smokes
Just like I did in March 2020... I'll just buy more.

Continue to buy more BTC on each dip, and DCA.

Try to keep 50-60% BTC, 20-30% ETH, and then the remaining percentage in alt coins. Lets bump this in 2025 and 2030 so I can say I told you so on BTC.

Reactions: 2 users
I have like 90% in ETH and 10% in random alts. Guess I should start accumulating BTC sooner or later. I always feel like I missed out on that one though. How much higher will it go, 2x? 3x? 5x?

I have like 90% in ETH and 10% in random alts. Guess I should start accumulating BTC sooner or later. I always feel like I missed out on that one though. How much higher will it go, 2x? 3x? 5x?

There are many that believe that BTC/ETH is still early. In fact - if BTC/ETH becomes globally adopted as a payment method, I would have to say that I agree.

Ultimately - over the long run, BTC and any other legit crypto, will either fantastically explode, or fantastically implode. I think the decision as to which way it goes Is ultimately up to “the powers that be”. Do they want this thing to be globally adopted or not?

I don’t know the answer to that question but that is how I look at it.

There are many that believe that BTC/ETH is still early. In fact - if BTC/ETH becomes globally adopted as a payment method, I would have to say that I agree.

Ultimately - over the long run, BTC and any other legit crypto, will either fantastically explode, or fantastically implode. I think the decision as to which way it goes Is ultimately up to “the powers that be”. Do they want this thing to be globally adopted or not?

I don’t know the answer to that question but that is how I look at it.

If we are early then there will be many, many rich people in a few years! So many new billionaires or even trillionaires in the making. Seems so crazy.

10x from here. 5 years

• Wow
We are very early still.

I can see this now. Before the pandemic, half of my friends and family did not invest in stocks. Even some of my wealthiest friends only had cash and paid down their mortgage ASAP because they didn't like having debt. Now everyone I know talks about stocks all the time and makes min payments on their mortgage and invests the rest.

But only a few are willing to buy crypto, even in this very forum we have here. Especially the boomers, they mostly only buy stocks, bonds and real estate.

I can see this now. Before the pandemic, half of my friends and family did not invest in stocks. Even some of my wealthiest friends only had cash and paid down their mortgage ASAP because they didn't like having debt. Now everyone I know talks about stocks all the time and makes min payments on their mortgage and invests the rest.

But only a few are willing to buy crypto, even in this very forum we have here. Especially the boomers, they mostly only buy stocks, bonds and real estate.

It's almost like people enjoy owning assets that are tangible and produce things.

I mean, good luck to you and all...but I still just don't see the end game with cypto to invest personally. The blockchain yuan is here. A digital dollar will be here eventually. I just don't see it with all of these rando, non government backed cryptocurrencies.

It's almost like people enjoy owning assets that are tangible and produce things.

I mean, good luck to you and all...but I still just don't see the end game with cypto to invest personally. The blockchain yuan is here. A digital dollar will be here eventually. I just don't see it with all of these rando, non government backed cryptocurrencies.
Btc is all you need.

If I was going to be into crypto, I'm not sure I'd be into BTC. BTC is the one that's hard-coded to 256-bit encryption. Once they get quantum to around mid 4-figures of qubits, there will be significant security risks as brute forcing your private keys will be possible.

Crypto gaming, get in now while it’s veryyyyy early.

And overall crypto is still early.

Stop being stubborn in your old way of thinking you old farts. You don’t have to fully understand it to make money off of it. Invest and learn along the way