Quantcast

USMLE CS RESULT 6TH JULY, 2016!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brunner gland

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Anyone expecting the result on 6th july? Like almost every CS exam taker I'm extremely nervous about the result because I made tons of stupid mistakes in almost every station, forgot some key examinations to make time for proper closure, now I just hope I pass!

6yearmedstud

Reaction score
Anyone know exactly how serious or how lenient the physican graders are on the "inexact" medical diagnosis in differential. I didn't specify the type of cancer my patients had and just put malignancy. Anyone else put vague differential diagnosis like this? I tried to be too cute during the exam since I can't say for certain what type of cancer it is and thought doing this was a better option...now I'm regretting it

Unfortunately, these vague diagnosis don't count for too many points such as 'malignancy' or 'muscle pain' or 'skin infection', you have to specify the location of each for it to count as a diagnosis. BUT fortunately the ICE section is also compiled with how you did your PE and how you documented it as well. This will help you take off the hit from writing vague diagnosis. Hopefully, you had a few good ones with good support and you will be ok

6yearmedstud

Reaction score
For those worried about about not passing, note that I completely forgot a FULL neuro exam where warranted (couldn't document it either since I didn't do it, and also couldn't get the correct dx (YES ALL 3). and No, i didn't do amazing on all other 11 pts either. Its a very leniently graded test. Odds are in your favor you'll pass.

NCMED101

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, these vague diagnosis don't count for too many points such as 'malignancy' or 'muscle pain' or 'skin infection', you have to specify the location of each for it to count as a diagnosis. BUT fortunately the ICE section is also compiled with how you did your PE and how you documented it as well. This will help you take off the hit from writing vague diagnosis. Hopefully, you had a few good ones with good support and you will be ok

:( unfortunately I did not do a good job on the PE at all...Damnit I don't know why I thought it would be a good idea to just put malignancy. Did it for 4 cases too...FML, I'm so depressed

Last edited:

Ina2990

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have received the email but when I was signing into OASIS I put my password wrong a couple of times and I do not even remember my security questions so I cannot change my password as well.

Now I remember my password but it won't let me sign in. I searched online and people who have experienced same situations have said their accounts started working 24 hours later. Does this mean I am blocked for 24 hours due to wrong password tries? Has anyone have anyone experience or insight like that?
Just wait for a while and if does not work try calling ECFMG, maybe there's something else you could do

Bancrofti

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
phew. ICE was in the grey, but managed to pass. Guess I was right about being nervous. I barely did any physical exam maneuvers except for listening to heart and lungs on every patient. ran out of time on a couple notes. Was nice to all my patients though and made sure to sanitize and/or wash my hands. English is my first language. For future people freaking out, I guess it is pretty tough to fail unless you don't know how to take a history or show empathy at all.

Last edited:

NCMED101

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
phew. CIS was in the grey, but managed to pass. Guess I was right about being nervous. I barely did any physical exam maneuvers except for listening to heart and lungs on every patient. ran out of time on a couple notes. Was nice to all my patients though and made sure to sanitize and/or wash my hands. English is my first language. For future people freaking out, I guess it is pretty tough to fail unless you don't know how to take a history or show empathy at all.

How was your ICE? Did you have any fatigue patients by chance and did you do anything extra other than heart/lungs for them?

Reactions: 1 user

UCA2390

Reaction score
phew. CIS was in the grey, but managed to pass. Guess I was right about being nervous. I barely did any physical exam maneuvers except for listening to heart and lungs on every patient. ran out of time on a couple notes. Was nice to all my patients though and made sure to sanitize and/or wash my hands. English is my first language. For future people freaking out, I guess it is pretty tough to fail unless you don't know how to take a history or show empathy at all.

Congrats! I'm still nervous about half-assed counseling and rushed/ran out of time closures- its haunting me! Ugh CIS!

Bancrofti

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congrats! I'm still nervous about half-assed counseling and rushed/ran out of time closures- its haunting me! Ugh CIS!

I did counsel everyone to some extent. But I was also unorganized so there were things I should have counseled on, like quitting smoking that I forgot about by the end. Meanwhile, I counseled on alcohol drinking in someone who after the fact I realized didn't even drink too much. 1 guy asked a question that I essentially dodged (in real life most physicians would have done the same, but I think on the exam you should give a firm confident answer to the person and why). Another case as I literally finished my last word the buzzer went off and I shook his hand afterwards, not sure if that was bad or not.

Edit: also just realized my first post said CIS was in the grey, that was fine. It was ICE in the grey.

Last edited:

Usmle Guy

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
phew. ICE was in the grey, but managed to pass. Guess I was right about being nervous. I barely did any physical exam maneuvers except for listening to heart and lungs on every patient. ran out of time on a couple notes. Was nice to all my patients though and made sure to sanitize and/or wash my hands. English is my first language. For future people freaking out, I guess it is pretty tough to fail unless you don't know how to take a history or show empathy at all.

U did only lung and heart in all pts.?? Not based on the Chief complaint??

Bancrofti

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
U did only lung and heart in all pts.?? Not based on the Chief complaint??
I had 2 musculoskeletal complaints.. did some random stuff for that. had someone with something that sounded like it could have been endocrine related on the differential.. so I looked at her nails lol. Wasn't so much that I goofed as much as the complaints weren't really things where I really felt there were a ton of physical exam stuff to be done. Like yea, if I was stretching, there was something more to be done for every patient, but nothing that would really make a difference in real life.

Oh and I percussed for a patient with some respiratory problem... then called it the wrong thing in my note lol.