-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
CSU DVM Class of 2012
Started by tmbrwlfm
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Has anyone registered for classes yet? The Orientation web said some students would be able to register in April. My registration time is May 5, however it appears that I need an "advising code." It looks like you have to attend a CSU orientation to get the code. Does anyone have insight on this??? Maybe we will get the codes via email, can't see the point of two orientations.
I just got on Ram Point and the box with "advising code" was already checked off. I did all the other steps and now it says I can register May 5 as well. Does it say for you that you are "Registration Ready"?
For everyone else who doesn't know where we are going to fill in some stuff online for registration, you can find it at: http://rampoint.colostate.edu
and then you go to RAMweb.
For everyone else who doesn't know where we are going to fill in some stuff online for registration, you can find it at: http://rampoint.colostate.edu
and then you go to RAMweb.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh wait- I see what you mean now. After you fill in the stuff and they lie and tell you that you are "Registration Ready," then they say you do need that Advising code, which you supposedly get at Preview... Interesting... Well I assume that they will explain this to use when they send out more stuff in a few weeks.
Any suggestions from others?
Any suggestions from others?
I remember we had this issue last year when it came time to register and I emailed Janet Jenke about it last year... here was her response: "Vet Med students are an exception to the new RAMWeb/ARIES Registration system and will not have an advising code. I just requested to have the code removed. You should be good to go now. Please let me know if you have any trouble." I am not sure if I was just forgotten about or if this happened to everyone...
I am not sure if they will be doing things differently this year, but dont worry about it until the day you can register... and even if you cant register that day its not big deal because everyone is in the same class for everything and the few labs (like histology) that you get split up for, they will divide you by cubes and not what you registered for... and the only elective there was for us first semester was accounting which you cannot sign up via the web anyways...
However, for next years spring registration my word of advice is to try to register at the second registration opens if you want to get the lab time you want (you dont have to worry about not getting into the class as you definitely will... you just might get the time you dont want) It is sort of amazing how fast the "good" lab times fill up 🙂
I am not sure if they will be doing things differently this year, but dont worry about it until the day you can register... and even if you cant register that day its not big deal because everyone is in the same class for everything and the few labs (like histology) that you get split up for, they will divide you by cubes and not what you registered for... and the only elective there was for us first semester was accounting which you cannot sign up via the web anyways...
However, for next years spring registration my word of advice is to try to register at the second registration opens if you want to get the lab time you want (you dont have to worry about not getting into the class as you definitely will... you just might get the time you dont want) It is sort of amazing how fast the "good" lab times fill up 🙂
Here is a useful link that soxbox shared with me (I didn't see it linked on the site, but maybe I missed it....)
http://www.cvmbs.colostate.edu/pvmorientationinfo/
Orientation sounds like it will be a lot of fun!
http://www.cvmbs.colostate.edu/pvmorientationinfo/
Orientation sounds like it will be a lot of fun!

Still excited!
But still looking for a good apartment...
I just got an email telling me who my big sib is today. I got a boy! So they either have coed pairing, or we ran out of boys in our class to match?? Anyone know how big the class is? It seems as though we are supposed to order books around June (according to last year). Has anyone looked at the book list and figured out what books to buy and which ones not to buy (based on the recs from the earlier class)? Also, if you have looked at the book list, has anyone noticed that our physiology book is a human med book?? It's actually the one I used in undergrad (not to say that it's not detailed, it certainly is), but I just think it is weird that it's human med, I would think too much would be different. Last years physiology book was a vet phys book too... wonder what caused the change
But still looking for a good apartment...I just got an email telling me who my big sib is today. I got a boy! So they either have coed pairing, or we ran out of boys in our class to match?? Anyone know how big the class is? It seems as though we are supposed to order books around June (according to last year). Has anyone looked at the book list and figured out what books to buy and which ones not to buy (based on the recs from the earlier class)? Also, if you have looked at the book list, has anyone noticed that our physiology book is a human med book?? It's actually the one I used in undergrad (not to say that it's not detailed, it certainly is), but I just think it is weird that it's human med, I would think too much would be different. Last years physiology book was a vet phys book too... wonder what caused the change
damn thats impressive. Well, unfortunately, I don't really know any vet people remotely near my age. (Came from an engineering school and have only been at this vet school business for 2 yrs) 🙂 Apparently you've got a lot of great connections! congrats 

Greenie... I believe there is supposed to be 134 people in our class!! I see you have a cute little black kitty, I have 2 myself 🙂
Btw- is everyone here part of the facebook group? If not, go to: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=9097717948 😀
I don't know about you guys but I have been doing some computer shopping and I was looking at the CSU recommended Dell laptop. From past experience I REFUSE to buy another Dell laptop but I was concerned about the part on the web page that said CSU only supported Windows XP. So I emailed a computer dude at CSU and he said that Windows Vista should work fine and that the website was kind of outdated.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am! My buddy has one and loves it!
I think HP, toshiba, and lenovo are the top makers. But I haven't done enough research on which one I want. Pretty sure I'm going to get one though because if you have to buy a laptop anyways, why not get one that makes annotating your notes really easy. They're really not that expensive either (for example- if you order an hp through their website, you can get their tablet for $1000).
HP makes a good one! There are two HP models I guess and I am looking at the one that is a little more expensive bc I have heard the stylus is designed a lot better. Here is the one I am looking at:
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/s...me=tx2000z_series&a1=Display+diagonal&v1=12.1
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/s...me=tx2000z_series&a1=Display+diagonal&v1=12.1
Anyone interested in making a group at http://www.dvm.com/ ?
Hey, I am a soon to be Junior (gasp), assuming I pass finals. I was avoiding studying and thought I would log on and congratulate all of you who have been accepted to CSU. Feel free to ask any questions (although I see other CSU students have been helping out too).
I also work at the school doing a lot of their computer stuff, so if that is a concern too, let me know.
Again, congrats and party hard this summer (you deserve it)!
-Ash-
PVM 2010
I also work at the school doing a lot of their computer stuff, so if that is a concern too, let me know.
Again, congrats and party hard this summer (you deserve it)!
-Ash-
PVM 2010
According to this letter, it seems as if everyone must be vaccinated before or during fall semester 2008 🙂
http://www.cvmbs.colostate.edu/cvmbs/CVMBS_Rabies_Policy_2008.pdf
http://www.cvmbs.colostate.edu/cvmbs/CVMBS_Rabies_Policy_2008.pdf
There is a June 30th deadline for pre-ordering books from Vet Text/Supply. After that a surcharge will be incurred and your books may not arrive by the start of classes. A fellow classmate reminded me of this today so I thought I'd pass it on.....
Vet Text order form:
http://www.cvmbs.colostate.edu/pvmorientationinfo/Vet_Text_order_form.pdf
Can you believe that we start in less than 2 months? 😱
Vet Text order form:
http://www.cvmbs.colostate.edu/pvmorientationinfo/Vet_Text_order_form.pdf
Can you believe that we start in less than 2 months? 😱
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 317