CSU DVM Class of 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So are the in-state interviews for CSU this week? Mossy, you make it sound like they are. That's not good for me because I haven't heard anything. Are you an in-state app at CSU Mossy? When's your interview?

Members don't see this ad.

So are the in-state interviews for CSU this week? Mossy, you make it sound like they are. That's not good for me because I haven't heard anything. Are you an in-state app at CSU Mossy? When's your interview?

Yes the in-state interviews are the 6th, 7th and 8th this week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Rex!! Hope to see you there in the fall! :)

Hope to see Elvis and Rex in the fall as well. I have my interview this week too.

Elvis when do you think they will let us know if we are accepted or not?

Hope to see Elvis and Rex in the fall as well. I have my interview this week too.

Elvis when do you think they will let us know if we are accepted or not?

I went to the interview workshop and Dr. Stewart said they are meeting to decide on Monday the 11th and hope to get the letters out to us by the end of that week! I'm sooo nervous/excited!!

Tomorrow is my big day! Good luck to everyone else interviewing this week. We will all have to post when we find out if we are in! I'm so nervous! I just want to know.

So to everyone who has their interviews today/tomorrow/friday: How did they go?

Mine is in a few hours, but i'll let ya know when I'm done!! AHHH :eek::scared:

:luck: GOOD LUCK:luck: GOOD LUCK:luck: GOOD LUCK:luck: GOOD LUCK:luck: GOOD LUCK:luck: GOOD LUCK:luck: GOOD LUCK:luck: GOOD LUCK:luck: GOOD LUCK

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...

I agree! Really not that bad. Uncomfortable at first, but relatively straight forward. Who did every one have for their interviewers?

Mine wasn't bad either! I was so nervous, I forgot my interviewers names but they were two very nice ladies! I felt pretty good about it until the very end and one of them told be I did excellent and then I almost peed my pants! :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
I had mine today as well and it was actually fun! (well, relatively speaking). I thought the questions were all very fair and the interviewers were friendly and easy to talk to. Anybody else getting anxious to know if we're in???

BTW, of course I couldn't have the interview go too smoothly...I accidentally got locked in an entry hallway on the way out of the hospital. The outside door was blocked due to the large pit the construction company had dug directly outside the door and the inside door had to be opened with a badge (I don't have a badge, obviously). I spent about 10 minutes peering through the inside door window while debating whether or not I could edge around the pit and climb the chain link fence in my heels and skirt. Eventually a passing lady saw me jumping up and down and waving through the window and rescued me! Oops!

...I accidentally got locked in an entry hallway on the way out of the hospital. The outside door was blocked due to the large pit the construction company had dug directly outside the door and the inside door had to be opened with a badge (I don't have a badge, obviously). I spent about 10 minutes peering through the inside door window while debating whether or not I could edge around the pit and climb the chain link fence in my heels and skirt. Eventually a passing lady saw me jumping up and down and waving through the window and rescued me! Oops!

Actually that little trap is part of the interview. Problem solving skills and all. Did you see the camera? ;)

I am so proud of everyone! We survived. I am so excited to find out if we are in. The letter should be coming just about the time I am getting on an airplane to go to another interview. I wish I knew before I left.

Have any out of staters that were waitlisted heard anything else from CSU???

I already know what number I am, just wondering if anybody else had any new info?

Arrgh! I thought you were going to say you were off the waitlist and it was moving!! :) I got my hopes up!

How many people are on the wait list for out of state? Where does CSU rank for all you OOSers?

So do you IS'ers think they will email or snail mail are letters?

Maybe email acceptances and mail rejections? I'm not sure but I'm very anxious!!!!!:eek:

I thought they said in the interview workshop that the add comm was meeting on Monday and everything would be sent via regular mail. I am not sure though. I am dying to know:eek:!!! I do know, Dr. Stewart said we would know by the 18th.

Yeah thats what she said, then my interviewers told me to watch my email and snail mail at the end of this week!!

Thanks Elvismarie ! Yikes! That is really soon. I am going to be checking this thing every 30 mins for the next week.

url

As soon as anyone knows anything we must post!:):):)

Good luck to everyone!!

I interviewed on Thursday. The interview really was't that bad. I felt comfortable most of the time and the interviewers were very friendly.

Was anyone else really disappointed by the tour of the hospital? It seemed like all we got to see was a bunch of hallways. Oh well, at least we got to see those wonderful blood donor kitties.

Good luck to everyone.

It is the end of the week! :confused: anyone? anyone?

I haven't heard a word and I'm about ready to vomit from all the anticipation!!! :barf:

Me too Elvismarie! I think tomorrow is the day. :scared::scared:

CHECK YOUR MAIL!!!!!!!!!! I just got a phone call form a neighbor that there is a letter from CSU in my mailbox right now!

I just got mine today. Good news was worth the wait. Now I just have a tough decision to make about which school.:hardy:

Good luck to you all. Hope that letter is waiting for you too.:)

I just got mine today. Good news was worth the wait. Now I just have a tough decision to make about which school.:hardy:

Good luck to you all. Hope that letter is waiting for you too.:)

Definitely worth the wait!! :D

Big fat no for me:cry: Good luck to the rest of you!

Big fat no for me:cry: Good luck to the rest of you!

Sorry ontheranch, guess we'll see eachother on this forum for the next round! Has anyone heard anything about FAVCIP?

Thanks CBRgirl. I still have one interview left so I am hoping for the best. It is scary when it is down to one. I think now they know who the instaters will be, they can select FAVCIP applicants. Are you FAVCIP?

I got accepted!!! Feels amazing after being rejected last year! Keep your head up ontheranch, your day will come :)

I got accepted too!! I was shocked to read it (nearly gave myself a papercut trying to get the envelope open). Hope to meet those of you who were accepted in the fall.

Sorry to hear about the rejection ontheranch and CBRgirl. It almost seems worse to get so close and then not get in :( . Best of luck in the future.

T I think now they know who the instaters will be, they can select FAVCIP applicants. Are you FAVCIP?

Yeah, havent heard anything from them yet. Are you?

No I am not FAVCIP. I didn't really know much about the program when I applied. Unfortunate, because I want to do food animal and equine.

No I am not FAVCIP. I didn't really know much about the program when I applied. Unfortunate, because I want to do food animal and equine.

It's going to be competitive and it's designed for people with a strong food animal background and a strong commitment to making a career out of food animal medicine (not equine or mixed practice).

Don't forget to sign up for file reviews.. They are informal and can really help in planning for this next year. In the meantime good luck to all still waiting and waitlisted.

FlyOnTheWall...do you know if the waitlists are moving at all? That April 15 deadline is so far away...

It's going to be competitive and it's designed for people with a strong food animal background and a strong commitment to making a career out of food animal medicine (not equine or mixed practice).

Don't forget to sign up for file reviews.. They are informal and can really help in planning for this next year. In the meantime good luck to all still waiting and waitlisted.

FlyOnTheWall, do you happen to know when the FAVCIP committee is meeting, or when they should have their decisions? I know a bunch of us that are anxiously waiting to hear! :D

This forum has been so quiet.
I have questions.
Does anyone know about early clinical experience at CSU? I've heard that the teaching hospital is a few blocks away from the vet school and so you don't have easy access during your first couple of years. Is this accurate?
Anyone have a list of pros about CSU?

Thanks.

I don't think that is necessarily true. I know when I went on my tour the guide said you can volunteer in the ICU during your first two years to get more hands on experience.

I have heard the same thing, the teaching hospital is about 4 streets away from the classroom buildings.

Also I had heard from current students that volunteering is the way to get your hands dirty during the 1st and 2nd years, and that there are plenty of opportunities to do this...

Did anyone else get the Big Sib email today? I have sooo many questions for my poor Big Bro. :p

I wonder if there was any sort of method to the match up.....IS with IS, OOS with OOS or some such. Hmmm I wonder if any SDNers are paired up? ;)

It's starting to really sink in and feel real now....:D:D:D!

No I didn't get my email :( Hopefully soon though!!!! :D