Cvs pharmacist disrespect/humiliation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Clinical services is not really a good selling point for working at Walmart or any other retail company. It's just more **** to do and you have to fit it in somewhere. Mandatory Quality ConsultationTM even in states that don't mandate counseling is just way for Walmart to cover their ass. I assure you no one likes counseling after the 40th set of ED scripts to come through the pharmacy in a given day.

Sure, it's not a good selling point *for you*. No one is selling anything. I'm presenting to PAtoPharm options and I am not going to exclude X option just because I hate X. From what I understand from friends at Walmart is that if you have an MTM session, your manager will arrange the schedule to ensure the pharmacy is covered while you're doing the session. I personally like counseling, especially if patients want to be counseled. It's part of the job and if that means you have counsel on 41 ED scripts a day, that is what you will do OR you will choose to go elsewhere OR the company will make that choice for you OR you will tap into your Swiss trust fund until you find that job where you get to choose responsibilities you like.

Members don't see this ad.

And that's what people do all the time (go work somewhere else).

Reactions: 1 user
So in other words, if a Publix pharmacist choose to take two extra bonus weeks of vacation, they don't get paid for it?

I forget whether you mentioned this already, but have you worked as a pharmacist for Walmart in the past? If so, how would you compare working for Publix vs. Walmart as a new grad?

Yes I have worked for public Walgreens and Walmart. I would say publix is the best then Walmart. Although there are bad stores/regional managers in both companies
M

You theoretically get paid as it is paid leave. It is pretty much get 2 weeks extra paid vacation or a 2 week bonus. (I don't recall if you can use both weeks as vacation I know you could definitely use 1 )

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I have worked for public Walgreens and Walmart. I would say publix is the best then Walmart. Although there are bad stores/regional managers in both companies
M

You theoretically get paid as it is paid leave. It is pretty much get 2 weeks extra paid vacation or a 2 week bonus. (I don't recall if you can use both weeks as vacation I know you could definitely use 1 )
As of 2016 at Publix this policy has changed, it is now "use it or lose it" for vacation time, no more 2 week bonus!

My life story.
I was hired as a staff pharmacist in CVS.My PIC treats me with lots of disrespect.I escalated this to District manager. But my PIC is experienced A H who treats fellow pharmacist so badly.Is my job in trouble. Should I start searching some other jobs.

I am living in nightmare.

How long have you been there? When you say treats you with lots of disrespect, what exactly is he or she doing? Are they verbally harassing or abusing you or just giving you the stink eye? Are they sexually harassing you? Making inappropriate physical contact? Staring at your chest or genital area/undressing you when talking to you? Or are you just getting bad hours and working weekends? Also consider the DM's relationship to the store and the PIC. If the store performs well, your complaint won't go very far unless it's something drastic.

It could be several things - he or she really is a douche... or you're just not cut out for retail/sensitive... maybe both. If you do the proper things (contacting upper management, ethics line, etc.) and nothing happens, you could do all retail pharmacists a favor and call your local news and ask them to do a piece on the "abusive pharmacist environment" so they can hook you up with hidden cameras and a mic. Retail stores care much more about negative press than a pharmacist complaining about their job.

The dean of my school was like you should have the chemical structure in your head of the medicine you are working with. I'm like lol you are old and out of it. As soon as the exam is over those structures are sent to hell.

I just REKT physician who tried to catch an attitude with me the other day about tertiary vs secondary amines and how that affects serotonin

I just REKT physician who tried to catch an attitude with me the other day about tertiary vs secondary amines and how that affects serotonin
Tell me more about this conversation... I'm interested lol

Tell me more about this conversation... I'm interested lol

I called because the ***** relied on a new patient to verbally give them their med list, and issued prescriptions based solely on what the patient said.
Didn't verify with the last M.D.
Didn't verify with us.

Just cut a bunch of dumb ass prescriptions.
Patient had gone from Effexor 35 all the way to 150mg ER, with 2x35mg BID and 75mg BID along the way.

So, they send Effexor XR 150mg BID like it's no big deal.

I called to tell them they're nuts.
While I'm explaining that it's a crazy dose, and how I think they arrived at that point, the M.D. Interrupted me

"ohhhhh great another genius pharmacist calling me because you don't know anything about serotonin syndrome.
I have had lots of people on this dose, and no, it's OK that they were on nortriptyline. Still no serotonin syndrome"

I waited then said
"No. I'm calling because the venlafax dose is wwaaaayy too high for no reason.
Also, why would nortriptyline affect serotonin?
That little nitrogen on the tail of the molecule is only secondary, not tertiary, right?"

Bla bla bla, they send in the corrected rx later

Reactions: 3 users