CWRU SMP or SUNY Buffalo MA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Notaparamagician

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've applied and have been accepted to several SMP programs including CWRU, Toledo, Cincinnati, Touro and I'm still waiting on a few more programs. I've also been accepted to SUNY Buffalo MA in Biological Sciences. I will most likely choose between CWRU MS in Medical Physiology vs Buffalo MA. I'm curious if anyone has any insight to offer on choosing between these two programs.

Obviously, the former should be my school of choice due to the reputation, the extensive medical research, the great statistics, and the potential linkage to CWRU SOM. I'm still strongly considering Buffalo as it is much cheaper (~14 tuition vs 44k) and for relationship reasons (my GF is starting pharm school in Buffalo). I've spoken with one individual who is either on an ADCOM or closely linked to the MD ADCOM (unsure), and he's said the SMP would be the better choice as SMP's are more heavily weighted in admissions vs. an MA.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? Any comments or insight would be welcome as this decision has been weighing heavily on me, especially the financial and relationship matters. I would love to spend 1/4 the amount I would at CWRU, but I'm afraid choosing an MA program would kill any chance I have at an MD program.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi I know this thread is old but I was wondering which school you decided to attend ? I am also deciding between these two schools, however I haven't seen much information on this forum about University at Buffalo's masters program.