DAT bootcamp vs actual DAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prehealthworkhard

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone who has taken the DAT, how similar where your scores to actual exam vs DAT bootcamp (the individual section tests vs full lengths vs actual exam)?
I am on crunch time, if I only had time to do 4 exams total- which ones do I do out of the 5 bootcamp and 2009 and 2007 ADA, which ones do you recommend?
Anyone else notice, the individual tests for bootcamp 5-10 usually are harder or is it just me?

Members don't see this ad.

BC is a bit harder than the real DAT. Do exams 2-5 and the 2009 exam. Try to do all of the BC exams, though. The 2007 ADA exam is way too easy imo but the 2009 is the best indicator of how you will perform on test day.

Bootcamp tests 6-10 are from DAT Genius I believe. I find them harder than the original bootcamp (1-5) tests for sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
DAT Bootcamp (tests 1-5) are slightly harder than the real DAT. Bootcamp's test 6-10 (the DAT genius tests) are even harder than bootcamp 1-5.. so they're definitely harder than the real DAT. I would always be super discouraged by my scores on those and could hardly ever finish on time. However, the tests should be used as a learning source to figure out what you still need to work on. PAT, QR, and Reading was about the same level of difficulty. That being said, there were a few bootcamp tests that I did better on compared to my real DAT. However, my DAT bootcamp scores for the most part were lower than my real score. I got a 22 AA, 22TS, and 22 PAT on the real one

I wrote my DAT a few days ago and throughout my studying, I also kept wondering how similar the 2 were going to be. So here you go, I attached my individual and full-length practice test scores from bootcamp so you can compare it to my real DAT score for yourself.

DAT July 19th, 2017

Bio: 21
Gen chem: 22
O-chem 22
Reading: 20
PAT: 19
QR: 18

AA:21
TS:22

Hope it helps, and good luck!

Attachments

• bootcamp pic.PNG
    bootcamp pic.PNG
    134 KB · Views: 1,846
Reactions: 1 users
I wrote my DAT a few days ago and throughout my studying, I also kept wondering how similar the 2 were going to be. So here you go, I attached my individual and full-length practice test scores from bootcamp so you can compare it to my real DAT score for yourself.

DAT July 19th, 2017

Bio: 21
Gen chem: 22
O-chem 22
Reading: 20
PAT: 19
QR: 18

AA:21
TS:22

Hope it helps, and good luck!
Great scores! Did you feel like the bio questions were similar in detail to BC, or were they more broad? I feel like the majority of BC touches the surface of very specific things. Were there a lot of gimme questions on the real test?? (I.e., where does the ETC happen in mitochondria)

Great scores! Did you feel like the bio questions were similar in detail to BC, or were they more broad? I feel like the majority of BC touches the surface of very specific things. Were there a lot of gimme questions on the real test?? (I.e., where does the ETC happen in mitochondria)

There were some easier questions on the exam but I felt like there were also some more difficult applied ones that I had no idea how to answer even though I was familiar with the subject. Its difficult to explain but some questions were much less regurgitation and much more of understanding the specific situation the question is describing and then applying that knowledge+understanding to answer that question. There weren't many of this type of questions but its definitely the ones I marked and had to come back to. Besides that, bootcamp prepares you well so that you know wt subject you need to study more. The DAT is random so you never know what you'll get, so better be prepared for anything. If you're doing well on bootcamp, you should be on your way to a high score ;) When are you tking your DAT and how much are you scorring on bootcmp now?

There were some easier questions on the exam but I felt like there were also some more difficult applied ones that I had no idea how to answer even though I was familiar with the subject. Its difficult to explain but some questions were much less regurgitation and much more of understanding the specific situation the question is describing and then applying that knowledge+understanding to answer that question. There weren't many of this type of questions but its definitely the ones I marked and had to come back to. Besides that, bootcamp prepares you well so that you know wt subject you need to study more. The DAT is random so you never know what you'll get, so better be prepared for anything. If you're doing well on bootcamp, you should be on your way to a high score ;) When are you tking your DAT and how much are you scorring on bootcmp now?
Ah okay that makes sense, thank you!
I take the test Aug. 10th, and have recently started scoring 22~23 on my SNS and consistent 20~21 on reading/PAT:(

Ah okay that makes sense, thank you!
I take the test Aug. 10th, and have recently started scoring 22~23 on my SNS and consistent 20~21 on reading/PAT:(
Those are excellent scores. You have nothing to be worried about.

Those are excellent scores. You have nothing to be worried about.
Thank you! That means a lot coming from you! As I was saying before in a previous post, the only thing that's worrying me is that on a lot of the questions I'm taking educated guesses and somehow getting them right. I don't care for the DAT because a 23 is a 23, but I feel like for practice tests I should be more knowledgable about wrong and right answers, not just seeing three wrong answers then taking a whack at the last two ya know? Maybe this is my three-weeks-out nervousness taking over.

Did you read through feralis's notes? Best thing for bio hands down
i read through cliffs, and am currently almost half way through feralis. I hope to read through feralis at least twice. Also, i hope this will help: i made flashcards for every single problem in the bio section of DAT Destroyer and plan on going through all of these. i made the mistake of not finishing my bio pre reqs before taking the DAT

i read through cliffs, and am currently almost half way through feralis. I hope to read through feralis at least twice. Also, i hope this will help: i made flashcards for every single problem in the bio section of DAT Destroyer and plan on going through all of these. i made the mistake of not finishing my bio pre reqs before taking the DAT

Yeah definitely read through feralis.. especially the anatomy parts because Cliff's doesn't cover anatomy in depth enough and you'll need anatomy for the DAT. Making flash cards couldn't hurt but since you're about 2 weeks out from the test, I would spend my time more efficiently because they're very time consuming. I would just read the problems over again instead of making flashcards.

Reactions: 1 user
Making flash cards couldn't hurt but since you're about 2 weeks out from the test, I would spend my time more efficiently because they're very time consuming. I would just read the problems over again instead of making flashcards.

For me, I can't retain the info as efficiently if I just read over them. Using flash cards are more efficient for me even if it does take more time to make them. I'd say do what works for you best.

Also, he said he already made flash cards for every single problem.

So, how’d you end up doing?