DAT Help, my scores are not doing well.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MuKnot

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think you should take the 2007 and 2009 Practice Tests and see how you do, and then make a decision of whether you should take your DAT on 8/3 or postpone by a week or two. Your GPA is really good, I think just take those two tests, post your scores, and then you'll have a better idea of what to do. Hope this helped a little.

Reactions: 1 user
Since you are struggling with embryology, taxonomy and physiology, I definitely suggest reviewing Feralis's notes as it will supplement a lot more to cliff's. If you are concerned with the QR (math) section, I'd recommend continual utilization of Math destroyer and the DAT destroyer. Additionally, use the new QR questions provided by bootcamp as a resource to up your game for any of those new questions. For my version, those were prevalent so I do suggest reviewing it. It should be a subject specific test with a ton of questions. Practice the PAT daily if you can to up your score some more as well.

For the destroyers, don't get too bummed out about it. It's hard for a reason and it'll definitely help you a lot on the DAT.

For bio those were the hardest parts for me too, I used feralis and basically memorized those parts. I would then go over bio destroyer specifically working out the questions relating to those areas (there are a bunch if i remember correctly). For PAT the easiest way for me to learn the material was doing the 150 section problems on BC. They are the same as the ones in the test but honestly you aren't going to remember the answers if you do the tests too.

In the amount of time you have left, you won't be able to raise scores significantly in every area, so pick what you think you have the best chance at. I think it's hard to significantly strengthen math concepts in a week (unless you have a personal tutor), so maybe cut that from your studying. Bio and part of Gen Chem is mostly memorization, so you can definitely cram some knowledge in this next week and make some improvements in your score there! This app has free 1 week trials so it's perfect for your situation, and tracks which concepts you know and which you need to work on: ⚡ DAT Flashcards That should make studying Natural Sciences pretty easy. And if you have time after that, work on understanding a few more PAT problems. You can do this! It's going to be all about efficiency and focus this next week.

Reactions: 1 user