This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anm2495

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I recently took the DAT and my QR section killed my whole AA, so I'm now determined to conquer the DAT when I retake.
I have always sucked at math, it is one subject I will never enjoy..
Those who were in my shoes once (the ones that are not good at math) and have gotten a good score on QR, what did you use? Should I purchase MATH destroyer? Please help me out, I really need it ☹️ My QR was packed with word problems which I'm terrible at.

Give me some advice please and thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I... can't say that I'm bad at math :(... I do think destroyer is worth it though. BC and Genius are too. In terms of difficulty I think Qvault actually matched up fairly well. How did you do on your DAT overall? As long as QR isn't WAAY too low (under 15/16) it shouldn't impact you way too much if your AA is ~20 or so.

I got a 21 in QR on the DAT I took 2 days ago. I used Crack the DAT, MATH Destroyer, DAT Bootcamp, and Chad's videos to study for this section. Honestly, what I found the most helpful was watching Chad's videos and practicing 10 tests on DAT Bootcamp. MATH Destroyer was a good practice, but I thought the real DAT QR was wayyyy easier than Destroyer. Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
What was you QR score and how did you prepare for the DAT?
I got a 14, and I watched chads videos but I was just lost on word problems. Algebra makes sense but word problems with geometry and such are really difficult for me.

Anyone else who has had similar experience that can give me advice?
Please and thank you.

Anyone else who has had similar experience that can give me advice?
Please and thank you.
I was most worried about the QR section too. I ended up getting a 21. I agree with @anm2495 that math destroyer is way more difficult than the test. I did bootcamp and thought QR section of DAT Destroyer was on point. But you need to know more equations than there are in DAT Destroyer.

I was most worried about the QR section too. I ended up getting a 21. I agree with @anm2495 that math destroyer is way more difficult than the test. I did bootcamp and thought QR section of DAT Destroyer was on point. But you need to know more equations than there are in DAT Destroyer.
What is your math background like? Also did you watch YouTube videos, etc? I have the DAT destroyer, those word problems just get me every time :( also, I have only had college algebra thus far which I'm good at but anything else kills me.. I feel hopeless lol

What is your math background like? Also did you watch YouTube videos, etc? I have the DAT destroyer, those word problems just get me every time :( also, I have only had college algebra thus far which I'm good at but anything else kills me.. I feel hopeless lol

I forgot to mention that I also watched Youtube videos (Khan Academy) for the probability type of questions. I only saw 2 questions about probability on my real exam tho. @anm2495 I know you will conquer this section next time when you retake it. Just practice a lot since we only have 45 mins to finish 40 questions.

Reactions: 1 user
I forgot to mention that I also watched Youtube videos (Khan Academy) for the probability type of questions. I only saw 2 questions about probability on my real exam tho. @anm2495 I know you will conquer this section next time when you retake it. Just practice a lot since we only have 45 mins to finish 40 questions.
Thank you so much for the advice

I got a 21 in QR on the DAT I took 2 days ago. I used Crack the DAT, MATH Destroyer, DAT Bootcamp, and Chad's videos to study for this section. Honestly, what I found the most helpful was watching Chad's videos and practicing 10 tests on DAT Bootcamp. MATH Destroyer was a good practice, but I thought the real DAT QR was wayyyy easier than Destroyer. Hope this helps!
was it like bootcamps math

I have gotten through pre-calc. I memorized all the equations in math destroyer. My weaknesses were definitely the geometry and trig. I was able to improve my algebra quite a bit with bootcamp and found the prob/stats, numerical calculations and applied math to be easier for me. I think people just neglect it because it's the most boring subject to study and "not as important" but at the same time I rarely see QR scores in the 20s on here and it was a huge reason I was able to get a 20 AA.