This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureddsordmd

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
what are some of the best DAT resources? I am currently using Kaplan but feel myself getting too caught up with the lesson plans and 3 hour videos.

Members don't see this ad.

I found a lot of great videos for free on YouTube. Crash Course and Bozeman Science are great for Biology. Chad or Mike's videos are great for Chem. If you are willing to pay for additional resources, DAT Bootcamp and DAT Destroyer are helpful as well.

Reactions: 1 user
what are some of the best DAT resources? I am currently using Kaplan but feel myself getting too caught up with the lesson plans and 3 hour videos.
Kaplan was good for strategies, breakdowns, and practice tests IMO. I used Chad's videos to study for ochem gchem and QR. I also used the destroyers for chem, bio and QR. For PAT, I had an app on my phone where I could practice problems in my free time. I was very pleased with my score and have received multiple interviews and acceptances!

No matter what you use, I think the best thing you can do is take as many practice tests as possible.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Sample DAT study schedule. This listed out materials and a schedule for them. I followed this very closely and adjusted it if I had newer versions of the books. It worked extremely well and I only had to take the DAT once.

I used Chad's CourseSaver videos, which were pretty good for OC, GC, and QR. The BIO was a little lacking, but like 15moel said there are great videos on YouTube for that. Khan Academy has an AP Biology course that is really useful. I also got DAT Destroyer for practice problems, which I think is definitely worth it if it fits in your budget. Good luck!

Kaplan was good for strategies, breakdowns, and practice tests IMO. I used Chad's videos to study for ochem gchem and QR. I also used the destroyers for chem, bio and QR. For PAT, I had an app on my phone where I could practice problems in my free time. I was very pleased with my score and have received multiple interviews and acceptances!

No matter what you use, I think the best thing you can do is take as many practice tests as possible.

Thanks for the advice! For the PAT, could you recommend the app? I'm hardcore struggling on those right now :(

Kaplan is crap. Go with DAT Bootcamp and get the most value for your dollar.

Thanks for the advice! For the PAT, could you recommend the app? I'm hardcore struggling on those right now :(
I can't remember what it was called, but i just searched "perceptual ability test" in the app store and i think it was like the first or second one. It was 99 cents.