Debt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmGirl214

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how does the average debt from pharmacy and medical school compare? (Public state schools)

Members don't see this ad.

I don't have any hard or fast figures that are official, but from my own lurking in the allo forums, med. school tuition figures, and pharm. school tuition figures I tend to think that the average debt for pharm. school is ~$85K while for med. school it's probably about $120K.

I've seen plenty of people over $200K in debt from med. school and people over $160K from pharm. school. But of course, there are those who are independently wealthy and pay tuition all four years with cash and incurr no debt.

"One million dollars"

800px-Dr_Evil.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
:laugh: That's good.

The debt is nothing to sneeze at. In my mind, though, it isn't so much debt as an investment. My late grandmother was a teacher and had really old-school ideas about education. She always said, "Nobody can take your education away from you. It's worth whatever you pay for it." She said it so often that I, young smart-ass that I was, often mouthed it with her behind her back. She was right,though. I miss that ornery woman sometimes.